Difference between revisions of "DTP PMC Meeting, June 17, 2008"
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
Revision as of 13:53, 17 June 2008
- Brian Fitzpatrick
- Linda Chan
- Sheila Sholars
- John Graham
- Short Ganymede videos - status
- EPP Usage Data Collector status - not capturing JDK level, but new bug will add that for next release (http://bugs.eclipse.org/236522)
- Update on community page - Ingres is going to send some text to include... JBoss?
- Open discussion
- ODA CS Help plug-in was dropped from the feature by accident for RC4. Needs to be re-added.
- Add 1.6RC5 milestone, create bug, fix feature, respin build, repost
- Send e-mail to planning council about this change
- Need to add some policy regarding extension point documentation. Declare that if new extension points are added, they must have documentation by the mid-point milestone.
- New dependencies need to be approved, especially those across other projects, orbit, 3rd party, or whatever - need to write up as part of the DTP policies and procedures
Tabled for Later Discussion
- Discuss after Ganymede release
- Discuss DTP charter change to simplify addition of a committer to two or more subprojects at the same time without going through separate committer elections
- Perhaps in the future come up with a Component architecture document that shows DTP dependencies to consumers
- Schedule a "scrubbing" pass of the bug backlog after 1.6 (over the summer) to close bugs that we won't ever fix (minor tweaks, things that have been obsoleted along the way, etc.) to try and reduce the bug count
- Things to consider for next major release (June 2009) - JDK 1.4 end of life, move to JDK 1.5 in next release? Depends on platform support. Something to discuss going forward