DTP PMC Meeting, December 2, 2008
Revision as of 16:04, 2 December 2008 by Brianf.sybase.com
- Brian Fitzpatrick
- Linda Chan
- John Graham
- Brian Payton
- Sheila Sholars
- Further discussion of EclipseCon 2009 tutorial slots
- Thoughts on request to add new enablement.sdk feature project (Bugzilla 255586)
- House-keeping of DTP download page
- Open discussion
- Discussed tutorial - John is going to withdraw his tutorial and we're going to propose a different tutorial - one that focuses on user tooling initially and then transitioning to extending enablement APIs, SQL Query Builder, and SQL Editor frameworks. Linda will propose a new tutorial to replace John's entry
- Approved the Enablement.sdk feature idea
- Discussed incubator project - want to add ECORE-ODA driver to the nightly build, but expose it as a separate feature until it graduates and moves to Enablement.
- Brian P asked about version compatibility (like moving from 3.4 to 3.5) and is it painful for our customers. John mentioned WTP testing is key for Red Hat, but for Sybase and Actuate it's more transparent unless developers are using internals. UI may have some changes, but it's transparent to the user, but may be painful on the back end for the developers.