Difference between revisions of "DTP PMC Meeting, September 16, 2008"
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
Latest revision as of 13:25, 16 September 2008
- Brian Fitzpatrick
- John Graham
- Sheila Sholars
- Linda Chan (on vacation)
- What specifically are we asking for from the Microsoft folks in regards to SQL Server Enablement help?
- I have to have a one-to-two page statement of work. What needs to be done, how much effort we can spend, and what we hope to get done for this release.
- Documentation on what SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 supports as far as the JDBC catalog structure
- Help with custom SQL for any catalog loader work that needs to be done
- A description of any custom features/nodes/support they want to see in the DSE
- An Eclipse plug-in wrapper for the SQL Server JDBC driver so that all Enablement users have to do is go download it, drop it into their Eclipse environment, and run?
- DTP Releng sub project
- Open discussion
- Microsoft/DTP things to think about
- Point out to MS that Eclipse has a large install base and developers want an easy to use tool, so by giving them this choice, hopefully they'd be more happy to use MS SQL Server
- SQL Server tweaks for SQL tools (SQL dialect, syntax highlighting, and so on like what Ingres did)
- Custom catalog loader the big thing - but then do multiple tiers after that - executing stored procedures, etc.
- Lists of specific bugs for fixes/features, can outline those - provide the list, same for newsgroups, mailing lists, etc.
- Emphasize that we have a number of DB vendors involved today, IBM, SY, Oracle, Ingres, etc...
- DTP Releng sub-project
- 2 issues - one person requires committer access to only very small sub-set of modules - maybe just leave John on Incubator
- Could create a build project with just the build module, just for Xiaoying & build folks
- Easiest solution is to leave John on Incubator and not create a new sub-project for now
- Ask Xiaoying where she documented the build process on the Wiki
- Ask Roy & Eden (Zend) if they want to be more involved in DTP for Galileo, especially the MySQL Enablement