DTP PMC Meeting, October 14, 2008
Revision as of 12:45, 14 October 2008 by Brianf.sybase.com
- Brian Fitzpatrick
- Linda Chan
- John Graham
- Sheila Sholars
- Architecture Council now wants an AC member to be a mentor to the Incubator projects. Though Linda has been helping out a ton with the ODA-Ecore provider, John and I were chatting and think that I should just be the mentor "in name" to meet this AC requirement and Linda would be the mentor by proxy.
- Enablement - Oracle has proposed (as I did earlier in the year) that we attempt to use a method similar to WTP's method of pulling in distributed plug-ins to help our users and developers pull in enablement plug-ins for different databases and other sources (such as Oracle & JBoss) or where we can simplify grabbing wrapped JDBC drivers (like SQLite, Sybase, etc.) from within Eclipse instead of going out, downloading them, and dropping them in the installation
- For our committers, I think we should do something similar to what RSE has done (http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/committer_howto.php) to provide some details on how our processes work
- Open discussion
- For New and Noteworthy as we go through Galileo, I'm thinking we use a simple process for developers.
- For any bug/enhancement they deliver a fix for, they'll need to update Bugzilla anyway.
- Have them add [NN] to the title of the BZ entry and put a comment in the bug summarizing what's changed.
- We can then just go through and do a query for a given milestone, pull together (and edit) the comments, and publish a PHP/HTML file with the relevant changes.
- Alternative: Have them add [NN] to the comment where they summarize what's changed. We should be able to query on that as well.