DTP New Committer Info
<WORK IN PROGRESS, STARTED JANUARY 22, 2009>
Congratulations on becoming a committer for the Data Tools Platform (DTP) Project at Eclipse!
Now that you're here, what exactly does that mean?
We'll boil it down to three steps:
- Check out the Development Resources site at the Eclipse Wiki. That will give you an overview of Eclipse Foundation guidelines and general resources for committers, leads, and so on.
- Don't hesitate to contact us:
|eclipse.dtp Newsgroup||DTP Newsgroup (eclipse.dtp)|
You can also find a variety of information on the DTP Wiki:
- Some additional bits of information:
For bug tracking, all eclipse projects use Bugzilla. To Create a Bugzilla account, click here.
For source code control, all eclipse projects use CVS or SVN on the Eclipse file servers. DTP uses CVS.
To get anonymous CVS access to DTP source code, you can do the following:
- Go to Window->Open Perspective->Other. Select CVS Repository Exploring.
- In the CVS Repositories view, click the +CVS button on the toolbar or right-click on an empty part of the view, to bring up the Add CVS Repository dialog.
- In the Add CVS Repository dialog, use the following values:
- Host: dev.eclipse.org
- Repository path: /cvsroot/datatools
- User: anonymous
- Connection type: pserver (should be the default)
- Click Finish.
That creates a CVS repository in the view that you can then drill into to check out DTP projects.
The important things to know are:
|HEAD/org.eclipse.datatools.build||This directory holds build-related information about plug-ins and features to include in builds. It is mostly maintained by our build team.|
|HEAD/org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity||This directory holds Connectivity sub-project plug-ins.|
|HEAD/org.eclipse.datatools.enablement||This directory holds Enablement sub-project plug-ins.|
|HEAD/org.eclipse.datatools.incubator||This directory holds Incubator sub-project plug-ins.|
|HEAD/org.eclipse.datatools.modelbase||This directory holds Model Base sub-project plug-ins. This includes the DB Definition and SQL Models.|
|HEAD/org.eclipse.datatools.releng||This is a special project for managing .map files for our builds.|
|HEAD/org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools||This directory holds SQL Dev Tools sub-project plug-ins.|