DTP New Committer Info
Last updated: February 29, 2012
Congratulations on becoming a committer for the Data Tools Platform (DTP) Project at Eclipse!
Now that you're here, what exactly does that mean?
We'll boil it down to three steps:
- Check out the Development Resources site at the Eclipse Wiki. That will give you an overview of Eclipse Foundation guidelines and general resources for committers, leads, and so on.
- Don't hesitate to contact us:
|eclipse.dtp Newsgroup||DTP Newsgroup (eclipse.dtp)|
You can also find a variety of information on the DTP Wiki:
Some additional bits of information
For bug tracking, all eclipse projects use Bugzilla. To Create a Bugzilla account, click here.
For source code control, DTP uses Git for its source code repository starting from DTP 1.9.1 release and on. Prior to that, DTP source code repository was maintained in Eclipse CVS.
DTP CVS Repository
The DTP source code repository has been migrated from Eclipse CVS to Git after the Indigo release (DTP 1.9.0).
To get anonymous access to archived DTP source code in Eclipse CVS, you can do the following:
- Go to Window->Open Perspective->Other. Select CVS Repository Exploring.
- In the CVS Repositories view, click the +CVS button on the toolbar or right-click on an empty part of the view, to bring up the Add CVS Repository dialog.
- In the Add CVS Repository dialog, use the following values:
- Host: dev.eclipse.org
- Repository path: /cvsroot/datatools
- User: anonymous
- Connection type: pserver (should be the default)
- Click Finish.
That creates a CVS repository in the view that you can then drill into to check out DTP projects.
The important things to know are:
|HEAD/org.eclipse.datatools.build||This directory holds build-related information about plug-ins and features to include in builds. It is mostly maintained by our build team.|
|HEAD/org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity||This directory holds Connectivity sub-project plug-ins.|
|HEAD/org.eclipse.datatools.enablement||This directory holds Enablement sub-project plug-ins.|
|HEAD/org.eclipse.datatools.incubator||This directory holds Incubator sub-project plug-ins.|
|HEAD/org.eclipse.datatools.modelbase||This directory holds Model Base sub-project plug-ins. This includes the DB Definition and SQL Models.|
|HEAD/org.eclipse.datatools.releng||This is a special project for managing .map files for our builds.|
|HEAD/org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools||This directory holds SQL Dev Tools sub-project plug-ins.|
Creating a Patch
Once you have code checked out, you can make your changes. And if you want to contribute a patch back for a particular Bugzilla entry, the quickest way into the DTP team's heart!
To create a patch:
- Make your changes
- Right-click on the project in your workspace and find the Team->Create Patch menu on the popup.
- Follow the steps to create a file to save in your local file system.
- Go to the Bugzilla entry and attach the patch file.
- coffre-fort agréé