DTP Ganymede Rampdown Policy
[2/26/08]: This document is a draft and has not been approved by the DTP PMC.
This document defines a set of rampdown cycles for DTP 1.6. The goal is to ensure that DTP stability and completeness converges on the 1.6 release dates, while allowing mechanisms for changes as necessary. Since this document is about the rampdown, only cycles post DTP 1.6RC0 will be detailed below.
Rampdown Cycle Phases
A period of testing during which no changes are made to the DTP code line, unless approved by the PMC. Nightly builds will not be produced during this pass. In general, we ask everyone in the DTP community to test the target build as thoroughly as possible.
Testing & Fix Pass
A Testing Pass including bug fixes based on the approval policies described below. Nightly build will be produced during this period as necessary to make bug fixes available to the DTP community.
DTP 1.6RC0(M7): May 5 (Monday)
- From Monday, 5/5, through Wednesday, 5/7: Testing Pass
- From Thursday, 5/8, through Friday, 5/16: Testing & Fix Pass: Standard DTP policies apply.
DTP 1.6RC1: May 19 (Monday)
- From Monday, 5/19, through Tuesday, 5/20: Testing Pass
- From Wednesday, 5/21, through Friday, 5/23: Testing & Fix Pass: All bugs must approved by project lead who must notify the dtp-pmc mailing list.
DTP 1.6RC2: May 26 (Monday)
- From Monday, 5/26, through Wednesday, 5/28: Testing Pass
- From Thursday, 5/29, through Friday, 5/30: Testing & Fix Pass: All bugs must approved by PMC. Committers should petition the dtp-pmc mailing list for approval and any community member should do the same for bugs that they feel should be addressed in DTP 1.6.
DTP 1.6RC3: June 2 (Monday)
- From Monday, 6/2, through Wednesday, 6/4: Testing Pass
- From Thursday, 6/5, through Friday, 6/6: Testing & Fix Pass: All bugs must approved by PMC. Committers should petition the dtp-pmc mailing list for approval and any community member should do the same for bugs that they feel should be addressed in DTP 1.6.
DTP 1.6RC4: June 9 (Monday)
- From Monday, 6/9, through Ganymede release: Testing Pass
- Post RC4 changes:
- Only for severe bugs with substantial, demonstrated impact to users or adopters
- Committer must petition dtp-pmc
- Committer must update bug with a description of severity, impact, risks, and outline/patch for proposed fix
- All three PMC members must grant approval using BZ flags on the specific bug
- Modifications must be reviewed and approved (in BZ) by an additional committer on the same project
- Upon delivery, committer must send list of modified plug-ins to dtp-pmc
- Only modified plug-ins (and associated features) will be updated
- Once the modification is available in a DTP build, the committer must test and verify (in BZ) that the modification works as expected and is not known to have introduced regressions or injected bugs elsewhere.
Additional RC Builds
Additional RC builds will be scheduled as necessary.