DTP Ganymede Rampdown Policy
[2/26/08]: This document is a draft and has not been approved by the DTP PMC.
This document defines a set of rampdown cycles for DTP 1.6. The goal is to ensure that DTP stability and completeness converges on the 1.6 release dates, while allowing mechanisms for changes as necessary. Since this document is about the rampdown, only cycles post DTP 1.6RC0 will be detailed below.
Rampdown Cycle Phases
A period of testing during which no changes are made to the DTP code line, unless approved by the PMC. Nightly builds will not be produced during this pass. In general, we ask everyone in the DTP community to test the target build as thoroughly as possible.
Testing & Fix Pass
A Testing Pass including bug fixes based on the approval policies described below. Nightly build will be produced during this period as necessary to make bug fixes available to the DTP community.
DTP 1.6RC0(M7): May 5 (Monday)
- From Monday, 5/5, through Wednesday, 5/7: Testing Pass
- From Thursday, 5/8, through Friday, 5/16: Testing & Fix Pass
DTP 1.6RC1: May 19 (Monday)
- From Monday, 5/19, through Tuesday, 5/20: Testing Pass
- From Wednesday, 5/21, through Friday, 5/23: Testing & Fix Pass
DTP 1.6RC2: May 26 (Monday)
- From Monday, 5/26, through Wednesday, 5/28: Testing Pass
- From Thursday, 5/29, through Friday, 5/30: Testing & Fix Pass
DTP 1.6RC3: June 2 (Monday)
- From Monday, 6/2, through Wednesday, 6/4: Testing Pass
- From Thursday, 6/5, through Friday, 6/6: Testing & Fix Pass
DTP 1.6RC4: June 9 (Monday)
- From Monday, 6/9, through Ganymede release: Testing Pass
Additional RC Builds
Additional RC builds will be scheduled as necessary.