Difference between revisions of "DTP Ganymede Project Plan"
|Line 71:||Line 71:|
[ This Bugzilla query] shows all items currently planned for DTP Ganymede.
[This Bugzilla query] shows all items currently planned for DTP Ganymede.
[[Category:Data Tools Platform]]
[[Category:Data Tools Platform]]
Revision as of 17:03, 17 August 2007
- [8/17/07]: The is a draft version and should not be taken as offical until reviewed and approved by the DTP PMC.
Themes and Priorities
- Further stabilize the foundation of DTP by resolving as many bugs and Discouraged Access warnings as possible.
- If appropriate, promote select DTP 1.5 provisional API to platform status.
- Enhance user tools to make DTP a compelling choice for developing data centric applications in Eclipse.
- Accurately prioritize and address bugs, especially those having a severity of major or higher.
- Grow the DTP community through direct contributions and external projects using DTP components.
- Make DTP easier to understand and leverage, from both the extender and user perspectives.
- Meet milestone dates in tight synchronization with Europa plans.
The DTP Ganymede release will be distributed as follows:
- A "end user" download, containing binaries for all DTP Ganymede components and end-user documentation
- A "extender" (or "SDK") download, which adds extender documentation and source code to the "end user" distribution
- An update site, containing feature definitions for component sets within DTP
The following feature definitions are planned for DTP Ganymede:
Additional features, or changes to the features above might occur based on evolving requirements. This document will be updated to reflect the current planned feature definitions for DTP Ganymede going forward.
DTP Ganymede is part of the Ganymede simultaneous release. As such, our milestones, release candidates, and final release date are determined by Ganymede. DTP is a "+1 dependency" on the Eclipse platform, and the dates of specific milestones can be found here, Milestones and Release Candidates section.
Ganymede, like Europa, is designed to shrink the lag time between platform milestones and downstream projects as the release approaches. Thus, while DTP is a "+1" dependency at the current time, DTP builds for later platform releases (typically in the release candidate periods) will appear in less than one week from the platform milestone. The DTP PMC interprets the downstream lag as an idealized upper limit, and will seek to make matching DTP builds available as soon as possible after platform milestones, typically with a 24 hour (business day) delay for testing. Hence, if a platform milestone appears on a Friday, DTP will seek to have its corresponding build by the end of the following Monday. Such builds will be designated as Integration builds and subject to further testing past that date. The general disclaimer is that DTP can not guarantee hitting these dates due to bugs that might appear in integration tests and availability of additional dependencies other than the platform (for example, EMF and GEF). Timing of DTP integration and milestones builds are detailed here.
Target Operating Environments
The build, test, and deployment environments for DTP Ganymede are described here.
Individual Project Plans
- Model Base:
- SQL Development Tools:
| This Bugzilla query shows all items currently planned for DTP Ganymede.