Difference between revisions of "DTP Ganymede Build Schedule"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Back DTP Main Page
Revision as of 23:20, 26 August 2007
[8/17/07]: This document is a draft and should not be taken as offical until reviewed and approved by the DTP PMC.
DTP Ganymede is part of the Ganymede simultaneous release. As such, our milestones, release candidates, and final release date are determined by Ganymede. DTP is a "+1 dependency" on the Eclipse platform, and the dates of specific milestones can be found here, Milestones and Release Candidates section. Within these milestones and release candidates, DTP will have regular "integration builds" (or "I-builds") so that adopters can check progress toward eventual milestones. As discussed in the DTP Ganymede Project Plan, DTP will strive to have an I-build as soon as possible after platform milestone and release candidate builds. The purpose of this page is to supplement the project plan with further definition of terms and dates.
Definition of Terms
Following general Eclipse usage, DTP Ganymede will have the following types of builds:
- Nightly Build (N-build): Created from CVS head and posted with minimal testing. Primarily designed for use by committers and adopters requiring certain bug fixes or enhancements as early as possible.
- Integration Build (I-build): A nightly build that is smoke tested for major functionality and found to be in at least reasonable working order.
- Milestone (M-build): An I-build that has been substantially tested and functioning correctly in all major aspects.
- Release Candidate (RC): Similar to a M-build, but with the expectation that remaining bugs will be fixed in a ramp-down (endgame) mode.
DTP Ganymede I-build Dates
The following is the projected I-build dates for DTP Ganymede. Note that these dates may be adjusted going forward as experience demands, and that hitting each of these dates is a complex function involving many interdependent tasks, so no absolute guarantee can be offered in advance.
- (Dates to be determined.)
DTP Ganymede M-build and RC Dates
These are determined by the Ganymede schedule and can be found here, Milestones and Release Candidates section.