DTP Enablement Ganymede Project Plan
This document details the plan for DTP Enablement in the 1.6 ("Ganymede") release.
The DTP Enablement project is a set of components (implemented as Eclipse plug-ins) that specialize core DTP frameworks and tools for specific data sources. Within Enablement you'll find a number of component teams working on data source specializations, including those for popular relational databases and Open Data Access (ODA) drivers. During the DTP 1.6 release, Enablement work will contain both evolution of existing components and addition of new components.
As the locus for specialized data sources in DTP, Enablement is a likely host project for community members wishing to contribute support of desired data sources to DTP directly. The DTP PMC welcomes inquiries about such contributions.
- Add DBDefinitions and driver definitions for DB2 zSeries V9. (Already delivered. Bug 202355)
- Add custom driver connection UIs for:
- IBM JDBC driver
- IBM JDBC driver using kerberos
- IBM JDBC driver using LDAP
- SQL Server 2005 JDBC driver
- SQL Server pre-2005 JDBC driver
- Oracle Thin driver
- Oracle OCI driver
- Informix JDBC driver
- Implement database recognizers for DB2 LUW, iSeries and zSeries.
- Rename all visible references to the IBM JDBC driver from "IBM DB2 Universal" to "IBM Data Server Driver for JDBC and SQLJ"
- Rename all visible, display references (not the DBDefinition ID) from "DB2 UDB iSeries" to "DB2 for i5/OS"
- Rename all visible, display references (not the DBDefinition ID) from "DB2 UDB" to "DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows"
- Rename all visible, display references (not the DBDefinition ID) from "DB2 UDB zSeries" to "DB2 for z/OS"
- DB2 LUW Catalog Loader
- Additional DB suppport (TBD)