DTP 1.6.2 Update Manager Issues
The purpose of this document is to provide a few ideas for those people encountering issues when upgrading from DTP 1.6 or 1.6.1 to our 1.6.2 release.
Some of the bugzilla entries and newsgroup items logged for this issue include:
- BZ 267183: Installing the DataToolsPlatform SQL Developer Tools within an RCP will lead to an NoClassDefFoundError
- Newsgroup: Datatools Install/Uninstall Problems
- Newsgroup: How do I repair eclipse (remove datatools)?
- Newsgroup: Re: Can't install a thing
- Newsgroup: No repository found - Cannot install any new feature in Eclipse
- Newsgroup: Dependency problem: org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.core
- Downloaded DTP 1.6.1, EMF 3.4.1, GEF 3.4.1, and Eclipse 3.4.1. Used Update Manager through the Ganymede Update Site to grab the 1.6.2 version of DTP. Restarted. No errors.
Few Things to Try
Though I'm currently trying to reproduce the reported issues, here are a few things to try:
- Delete org.eclipse.datatools.* features (from the eclipse/features directory) and plugins (from the eclipse/plugins directory).
- Install from the 1.6.2 zip.
- Now try re-running the update to see if that clears up the issues.