DTP 1.6.1 Schedule and Rampdown Policy
6/23/08 - Draft, to be reviewed by PMC 8/20/08 - Updates, to be reviewed by PMC and then broadcast
This document defines a schedule and set of ramp-down policies for DTP 1.6.1. The goal is to ensure that DTP stability and completeness converges on the 1.6.1 release dates, while allowing mechanisms for changes as necessary.
- 1.6.1M1 - July 25, 2008
- 1.6.1M2 - August 25, 2008
- 1.6.1 Release - September 25, 2008
- Nightly builds take place from Monday to Thursday. Integration builds takes place on Friday.
- During a test phase, there are no builds. We take the build before the test phase and test it. If we run across extreme issues, we will respin and retest.
- During the test/fix phase for the RC, we will do regular daily builds. Once we are in the test/fix phase, where PMC approvals are needed, we will not build nightly, but will build as needed (8/26 and beyond).
- On Push days, we will take the Monday Shanghai build (which is our Sunday at 2pm PST) and if it's good, we will push it to the update site that Monday evening (SH Tuesday a.m.). If things are not good, we will fix the issues and respin the build, taking the respun build and pushing it to the update site.
- DTP builds will take place at 5am (Shanghai time).
- In general, builds occur Mon - Fri at 2pm Shanghai time, which is equivalent to Sun - Thu 2pm PST.
- DTP committers should refrain from updating map files for +/- 30 minutes around the start of the build, to avoid version inconsistencies in the map file set.
- See the Build Transition page for additional details about regular DTP builds
Starting on Monday, July 28, and continuing through Tuesday, August 26, the latest available DTP 1.6.1 integration build (done each Friday, as noted above) will be tested for promotion. If no substantial defects are found, then the build will be promoted.
Testing & Fix Pass
A period of intensive testing, including bug fixes based on the approval policies described below. Nightly build will be produced during this period as necessary to make bug fixes available to the DTP community.
Note: Builds occur on the days noted, at 10EST.
- September 11 (Thursday): DTP 1.6.1 Release Candidate Build
- September 12 (Friday) through September 23 (Tuesday): Testing & Fix Pass
- Committers must annotate bugs proposed for inclusion in 1.6.1 with risks and nature of fix
- Committers must get modifications reviewed by one other committer on project
- Committers must petition DTP PMC using BZ for inclusion of specific bugs
- Two positive PMC votes allows modifications to fix a specific bug to be delivered
- September 23 (Tuesday): Last possible DTP 1.6.1 Build
- September 25 (Thursday): DTP 1.6.1 Release