DTP 1.6.1 Schedule and Rampdown Policy
6/23/08 - Draft, to be reviewed by PMC
This document defines a schedule and set of ramp-down policies for DTP 1.6.1. The goal is to ensure that DTP stability and completeness converges on the 1.6.1 release dates, while allowing mechanisms for changes as necessary.
- 1.6.1M1 - July 25, 2008
- 1.6.2M2 - August 25, 2008
- 1.6.2 Release - September 25, 2008
Starting on Monday, July 28, and continuing through Tuesday, August 26, the latest available DTP 1.6.1 build will be tested for promotion to Integration Build ("I-Build") status. If no substantial defects are found, then the build will be promoted at 8am Shanghai time Monday.
Testing & Fix Pass
A period of intensive testing, including bug fixes based on the approval policies described below. Nightly build will be produced during this period as necessary to make bug fixes available to the DTP community.
Note: Builds occur on the days noted, at 10EST.
- September 11 (Thursday): DTP 1.6.1 Release Candidate Build
- September 12 (Friday) through September 23 (Tuesday): Testing & Fix Pass
- Committers must annotate bugs proposed for inclusion in 1.6.1 with risks and nature of fix
- Committers must get modifications reviewed by one other committer on project
- Committers must petition DTP PMC using BZ for inclusion of specific bugs
- Two positive PMC votes allows modifications to fix a specific bug to be delivered
- September 23 (Tuesday): Last possible DTP 1.5.1 Build
- September 25 (Thursday): DTP 1.5.1 Release