DTP 1.5 Rampdown Policy
Note that this document will be updated as necessary during the DTP 1.5 release.
[4/26/07]: The ramp down for builds RC0 -- RC4 is under review by the DTP PMC.
This document defines a set of rampdown cycles for DTP 1.5. The goal is to ensure that DTP stability and completeness converges on the 1.5 release dates, while allowing mechanisms for changes as necessary. Since this document is about the rampdown, only cycles post DTP 1.5RC0 will be detailed below.
Rampdown Cycle Phases
A period of testing during which no changes are made to the DTP code line, unless approved by the PMC. Nightly builds will not be produced during this pass. In general, we ask everyone in the DTP community to test the target build as thoroughly as possible.
Testing & Fix Pass
A Testing Pass including bug fixes based on the approval policies described below. Nightly build will be produced during this period as necessary to make bug fixes available to the DTP community.
Note: In order to promote a Release Candidate (RC), we must be able to test a build near the RC date. Thus, since RC promotions are scheduled for Mondays, committers should plan to have completed work in time for the previous Thursday's build. The Thursday build will be tested and, if no stop-ship bugs are found (as determined by the project leads and PMC, including recommendations from the community), then the Thursday build will be promoted at 5EST on the following Monday.
May 11: DTP 1.5RC0
- Through Wednesday, May 9: Testing & Fix Pass: Standard DTP policies apply.
- Thursday, May 10: DTP 1.5RC0 candidate build
- Thursday, May 10, until Friday, May 11: DTP 1.5RC1 candidate promotion testing
May 23: DTP 1.5RC1
- Friday, May 11, through Tuesday, May 15: Testing Pass
- Wednesday, May 16, through Monday, May 21: Testing & Fix Pass. All bugs must approved by project lead.
- Tuesday, May 22: DTP 1.5RC1 candidate build
- Tuesday, May 22, until Wednesday, May 23: DTP 1.5RC1 candidate promotion testing
May 30: DTP 1.5RC2
- Wednesday, May 23, through Thursday, May 24: Testing Pass
- Friday, May 25, through Monday, May 28: Testing & Fix Pass. All bugs must approved by project lead who must notify the dtp-pmc mailing list.
- Tuesday, May 29: DTP 1.5RC2 candidate build
- Tuesday, May 29, until Wednesday, May 30: DTP 1.5RC2 candidate promotion testing
June 13: DTP 1.5RC3
- Wednesday, May 30, through Monday, June 4: Testing Pass
- Tuesday, June 5, through Monday, June 11: Testing & Fix Pass. All bugs must approved by PMC. Committers should petition the dtp-pmc mailing list for approval and any community member should do the same for bugs that they feel should be addressed in DTP 1.5.
- Tuesday, June 12: DTP 1.5RC3 candidate build
- Tuesday, June 12, until Wednesday, June 13: DTP 1.5RC3 candidate promotion testing
June 20: DTP 1.5RC4
- Wednesday, June 13, through Thursday, June 14: Testing Pass
- Friday, June 15, through Monday, June 18: Testing & Fix Pass. All bugs must approved by PMC. Committers should petition the dtp-pmc mailing list for approval and any community member should do the same for bugs that they feel should be addressed in DTP 1.5.
- Tuesday, June 19: DTP 1.5RC4 candidate build
- Tuesday, June 19, until Wednesday, June 20: DTP 1.5RC4 candidate promotion testing
Post DTP 1.5RC4 through Europa Release
- Wednesday, June 20 until Europa release (est. Friday, June 29): Testing Pass
Additional RC Builds
Additional RC builds will be scheduled as necessary.