Difference between revisions of "DTP 1.5 Rampdown Policy"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Back DTP Main Page
Latest revision as of 23:26, 26 August 2007
Note that this document will be updated as necessary during the DTP 1.5 release.
This document defines a set of rampdown cycles for DTP 1.5. The goal is to ensure that DTP stability and completeness converges on the 1.5 release dates, while allowing mechanisms for changes as necessary. Since this document is about the rampdown, only cycles post DTP 1.5RC0 will be detailed below.
Rampdown Cycle Phases
A period of testing during which no changes are made to the DTP code line, unless approved by the PMC. Nightly builds will not be produced during this pass. In general, we ask everyone in the DTP community to test the target build as thoroughly as possible.
Testing & Fix Pass
A Testing Pass including bug fixes based on the approval policies described below. Nightly build will be produced during this period as necessary to make bug fixes available to the DTP community.
Note: Builds and promotion decisions occur on the days noted, at 10EST.
May 11: DTP 1.5RC0
- Through Wednesday, May 9: Testing & Fix Pass: Standard DTP policies apply.
- Thursday, May 10: DTP 1.5RC0 candidate build
- Thursday, May 10, until Friday, May 11: DTP 1.5RC0 candidate promotion testing
May 23: DTP 1.5RC1
- Friday, May 11, through Tuesday, May 15: Testing Pass
- Wednesday, May 16, through Monday, May 21: Testing & Fix Pass. All bugs must approved by project lead.
- Tuesday, May 22: DTP 1.5RC1 candidate build
- Tuesday, May 22, until Wednesday, May 23: DTP 1.5RC1 candidate promotion testing
May 30: DTP 1.5RC2
- Wednesday, May 23, through Thursday, May 24: Testing Pass
- Friday, May 25, through Monday, May 28: Testing & Fix Pass. All bugs must approved by project lead who must notify the dtp-pmc mailing list.
- Tuesday, May 29: DTP 1.5RC2 candidate build
- Tuesday, May 29, until Wednesday, May 30: DTP 1.5RC2 candidate promotion testing
June 13: DTP 1.5RC3
- Wednesday, May 30, through Monday, June 4: Testing Pass
- Tuesday, June 5, through Monday, June 11: Testing & Fix Pass. All bugs must approved by PMC. Committers should petition the dtp-pmc mailing list for approval and any community member should do the same for bugs that they feel should be addressed in DTP 1.5.
- Tuesday, June 12: DTP 1.5RC3 candidate build
- Tuesday, June 12, until Wednesday, June 13: DTP 1.5RC3 candidate promotion testing
June 20: DTP 1.5RC4
- Wednesday, June 13, through Thursday, June 14: Testing Pass
- Friday, June 15, through Monday, June 18: Testing & Fix Pass. All bugs must approved by PMC. Committers should petition the dtp-pmc mailing list for approval and any community member should do the same for bugs that they feel should be addressed in DTP 1.5.
- Tuesday, June 19: DTP 1.5RC4 candidate build
- Tuesday, June 19, until Wednesday, June 20: DTP 1.5RC4 candidate promotion testing
Post DTP 1.5RC4 through Europa Release
- Wednesday, June 20 until Europa release (est. Friday, June 29): Testing Pass
- Any and all changes to DTP 1.5 must be committed before Tuesday, 6/26.
- Post RC4 changes:
- Only for severe bugs with substantial, demonstrated impact to users or adopters
- Committer must petition dtp-pmc
- Committer must update bug with a description of severity, impact, risks, and outline/patch for proposed fix
- All three PMC members must grant approval using BZ flags on the specific bug
- Modifications must be reviewed and approved (in BZ) by an additional committer on the same project
- Upon delivery, committer must send list of modified plug-ins to dtp-pmc
- Only modified plug-ins (and associated features) will be updated
- Once the modification is available in a DTP build, the committer must test and verify (in BZ) that the modification works as expected and is not known to have introduced regressions or injected bugs elsewhere.
Additional RC Builds
Additional RC builds will be scheduled as necessary.