Difference between revisions of "DTP 1.5 Project Plan"
|Line 50:||Line 50:|
Revision as of 12:04, 30 January 2007
- [1/30/07]: This document is a draft and has yet to be reviewed and approved by the DTP PMC. Nothing in this document should be taken as committed until approved by the PMC.
Themes and Priorities
The DTP 1.5 release will be distributed as follows:
- A "end user" download, containing binaries for all DTP 1.5 components and end-user documentation
- A "extender" (or "SDK") download, which adds extender documentation and source code to the "base" distribution
- An update site, containing feature definitions for component sets within DTP
The following feature definitions are planned for DTP 1.5:
- Model base feature (org.eclipse.datatools.modelbase.feature)
- Connectivity feature (org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.feature)
- Open Data Access (ODA) feature (org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.feature)
- Open Data Access (ODA) designer feature (org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.designer.feature)
- SQL Development Tools feature (org.eclipse.datatools.sqldevtools.feature)
- Enablement feature (org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.feature)
- Enablement Open Data Access (ODA)feature (org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.feature)
- Enablement Open Data Access (ODA)designer feature (org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.designer.feature)
- User documentation for Connectivity feature (org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.doc.user)
- User documentation for SQL Development Tools feature (org.eclipse.datatools.sqldevtools.doc.user)
- Welcome Page content feature (org.eclipse.datatools.intro)
- Extender ("SDK") feature (org.eclipse.datatools.sdk)
Additional features, or changes to the features above might occur based on evolving requirements. This document will be updated to reflect the current planned feature definitions for DTP 1.5 going forward.
DTP 1.5 is part of the [[Europa_Simultaneous_Release | Europa release]. As such, our milestones, release candidates, and final release date are determined by Europa. DTP is a "+1 dependency" on the Eclipse platform, and the dates of specific milestones can be found here, Milestones and Release Candidates section.
Target Operating Environments
The build, test, and deployment environments for DTP 1.5 are described here.
Individual Project Plans
- Model Base: (Add link here)
- Connectivity: (Add link here)
- SQL Development Tools: (Add link here)
- Enablement: In DTP 1.5, we are planning a number of additions to Enablement. These include:
- Support for Sybase ASE and ASA
- Enhanced catalog loading for IBM DB2 and Informix
- Additional ODA drivers (?)
This Bugzilla query shows all items currently planned for DTP 1.5.