Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 6-Jun-2007"

< DSDP‎ | TM
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''Conference Call on Target Management''' |- | Date & Time: | Wednesday Jun 6, 2007 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...)
 
 
Line 19: Line 19:
 
|}
 
|}
  
== Invited Attendees ==
+
== Attendees ==
  
This meeting is free for everyone to attend. We specially encourage those people to attend who are actively working on, or
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
have shown interest in TM before:
+
 
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Ted Williams, Doug Gaff, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber
+
* IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir
+
* LANL / PTP Project - Greg Watson
+
* QNX - Doug Schaefer
+
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo
* ARM - Anthony Berent
+
* Motorola - Maureen Brenner, Fabio Fantato, Daniel Franco, Christian Kurzke
* TI - Dobrin Alexey
+
* Motorola - Christian Kurzke, Maureen Brenner, Ruth Soliani
+
* Accelerated Technology - Aaron Spear, Mark Bozeman
+
* Freescale - Kirk Beitz
+
* Montavista - Joe Green
+
* Palm Source - Ewa Matejska
+
* Uday Kabe
+
 
+
== Actual Attendees ==
+
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
  
 
=== Update on RSE Status ===
 
=== Update on RSE Status ===
* API Changes
+
* '''Project Plan Status''': Most items completed, except for
* EFS going forward
+
** IBM User Actions had to be deferred to a later release
* Future of TM 2008 (Ganymede train): Going for TM 3.0 or TM 2.1?
+
** RSE / Terminal integration had to be deferred to a later release
 +
** UI/Non-UI Separation is prepared in terms of API, but not yet implementation. This means, that full UI/Non-UI Separation will be possible in the next release stream with only minor or no API changes (source compatible). But we have not reached full separation yet.
 +
* '''Release Review''' completed successfully for Europa today. Work is on track especially with respect to IP / Copyright issues. No roadblocks left for a release with Europa on June 29.
 +
* '''Codebase status''': 2.0RC2 is stable and ready for general use. The [[TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa]] explains what kinds of bug fixes are still allowed. A recent posting on the mailing list further clarifies the procedure. It's a risk vs. benefit decision - if we get MUCH benefit at VERY LOW risk, we'll even allow API changes. But these are getting less and less likely as we are moving forward. We'll mostly add Doc changes from now on.
 +
* '''Future Planning''': The community is invited to join planning by editing the [[TM Future Planning]] Wiki page with comments or suggestions, or collaborate with us on the newsgroup or mailing list. When the ideas are getting more clear, we'll create bugzilla items for tracking the plan items. Currently, it looks like we'll be going for another major release (TM 3.0) with the next year's Ganymede train, which will be mostly Source compatible but not binary compatible.
 +
* '''Windriver Target Communication Framework''' (open source agent) moving forward; Open Source contribution as a new component under the TM project is very likely, kick-off meeting planned for beginning of July; a PPT presentation with details about TCF has been sent to the mailing list earlier.
 +
 
 +
=== TM Project Meeting / Coding Camp ===
 +
* We're planning a TM Coding Camp on Sept. 19/20 in Chicago, together with the Eclipse Foundation Members Meeting. Our coding camp will be aimed for developers and committers to discuss architectural ideas and try them out right on the code. There will be limited time (perhaps 2 hours) for manager-like presentations if the community is interested. Everybody is invited to join the coding camp, preferredly bringing code to integrate with RSE or concrete ideas to discuss for the future.
  
 
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
 
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
* Community's most wanted
 
* Community contributions
 
 
* Questions
 
* Questions
 
+
** Does the Release Review mean that TM 2.0 is finished? - A: See above
=== Technology sub-groups ===
+
** How to participate in next year's planning? - A: See above
* CDT Launching (Ewa) - CDT "internal" access
+
* Update on [[DSDP/TM/Autodetect|Autodetect]] (Javier)
+
  
 
== Action Items to Review ==
 
== Action Items to Review ==

Latest revision as of 12:22, 6 June 2007

Meeting Title: Conference Call on Target Management
Date & Time: Wednesday Jun 6, 2007 at 1600 UTC / 9am PST
Primary International Dial-in: +44 (0)1452 567588
USA Freephone Dial-In: +1 (866) 6161738
UK National Dial-In: 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

Attendees

  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo
  • Motorola - Maureen Brenner, Fabio Fantato, Daniel Franco, Christian Kurzke

Agenda

Update on RSE Status

  • Project Plan Status: Most items completed, except for
    • IBM User Actions had to be deferred to a later release
    • RSE / Terminal integration had to be deferred to a later release
    • UI/Non-UI Separation is prepared in terms of API, but not yet implementation. This means, that full UI/Non-UI Separation will be possible in the next release stream with only minor or no API changes (source compatible). But we have not reached full separation yet.
  • Release Review completed successfully for Europa today. Work is on track especially with respect to IP / Copyright issues. No roadblocks left for a release with Europa on June 29.
  • Codebase status: 2.0RC2 is stable and ready for general use. The TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa explains what kinds of bug fixes are still allowed. A recent posting on the mailing list further clarifies the procedure. It's a risk vs. benefit decision - if we get MUCH benefit at VERY LOW risk, we'll even allow API changes. But these are getting less and less likely as we are moving forward. We'll mostly add Doc changes from now on.
  • Future Planning: The community is invited to join planning by editing the TM Future Planning Wiki page with comments or suggestions, or collaborate with us on the newsgroup or mailing list. When the ideas are getting more clear, we'll create bugzilla items for tracking the plan items. Currently, it looks like we'll be going for another major release (TM 3.0) with the next year's Ganymede train, which will be mostly Source compatible but not binary compatible.
  • Windriver Target Communication Framework (open source agent) moving forward; Open Source contribution as a new component under the TM project is very likely, kick-off meeting planned for beginning of July; a PPT presentation with details about TCF has been sent to the mailing list earlier.

TM Project Meeting / Coding Camp

  • We're planning a TM Coding Camp on Sept. 19/20 in Chicago, together with the Eclipse Foundation Members Meeting. Our coding camp will be aimed for developers and committers to discuss architectural ideas and try them out right on the code. There will be limited time (perhaps 2 hours) for manager-like presentations if the community is interested. Everybody is invited to join the coding camp, preferredly bringing code to integrate with RSE or concrete ideas to discuss for the future.

Community Feedback and Status

  • Questions
    • Does the Release Review mean that TM 2.0 is finished? - A: See above
    • How to participate in next year's planning? - A: See above

Action Items to Review

New Action Items

Next Meeting