Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 6-Dec-2006"

< DSDP‎ | TM
Line 19: Line 19:
 
|}
 
|}
  
== Invited Attendees ==
+
== Attendees ==
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Ted Williams, Doug Gaff, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf
* IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir
+
* IBM - Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
* LANL / PTP Project - Greg Watson
+
* Montavista - Joe Green
* QNX - Doug Schaefer
+
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo
* ARM - Anthony Berent
 
* TI - Dobrin Alexey
 
* Motorola - Christian Kurzke, Maureen Brenner, Ruth Soliani
 
* Accelerated Technology - Aaron Spear, Mark Bozeman
 
* Freescale - Kirk Beitz
 
* Montavista - Joe Green
 
* Palm Source - Ewa Matejska
 
 
Everyone else is free to attend
 
 
== Actual Attendees ==
 
 
  
== Agenda ==
+
== Notes ==
  
 
* Recent Download Statistics (for analysis, see also the [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 8-Nov-2006|last meeting]])
 
* Recent Download Statistics (for analysis, see also the [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 8-Nov-2006|last meeting]])
Line 49: Line 36:
 
** 2.0 Planning not yet really started
 
** 2.0 Planning not yet really started
 
** Need testers for [[RSE 1.0.1 Testing]]
 
** Need testers for [[RSE 1.0.1 Testing]]
** Comments ?
+
** Comments / Questions?
 +
*** IP review for MV's ssh plugin? -> Martin to check
  
 
* '''Community's most wanted - who's working on what?'''
 
* '''Community's most wanted - who's working on what?'''
 
** Terminal
 
** Terminal
 +
*** MV looking forward to it
 +
*** Michael working on ssh connector
 
** File Permission Editing [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=165171 bug 165171]
 
** File Permission Editing [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=165171 bug 165171]
 
** Please fill in [[RSE 2.0 Planning]]
 
** Please fill in [[RSE 2.0 Planning]]
 
** News on Agents?
 
** News on Agents?
 +
*** MV: Just ssh and gdbserver
 +
*** WindRiver working on an agent framework, not yet sure if going to be open source; Symbian, Motorola are interested
 
** Questions? Requests?
 
** Questions? Requests?
  
Line 61: Line 53:
 
** Collaborations with other projects (Platform/Team, PTP, CDT, TPTP, WTP, ECF, Aperi, g-Eclipse)
 
** Collaborations with other projects (Platform/Team, PTP, CDT, TPTP, WTP, ECF, Aperi, g-Eclipse)
 
** ECF wants TM Discovery to use ECF Interfaces -- OK to use Technology Project?
 
** ECF wants TM Discovery to use ECF Interfaces -- OK to use Technology Project?
 +
*** Javier: ECF-SD has improved, we could support ECF as well but keep our version too; need to know if there is Community need - our engine is much faster than the ECF one, and ours is more Zeroconf compliant
 +
*** Javier to put this information on the bugzilla item
  
 
* Technology sub-groups
 
* Technology sub-groups
Line 69: Line 63:
 
== Action Items to Review ==
 
== Action Items to Review ==
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 8-Nov-2006]]
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 8-Nov-2006]]
* DaveD - begin EMO review submission for SSH/Processes patch from MontaVista
+
* [done] DaveD - begin EMO review submission for SSH/Processes patch from MontaVista
 
* Everybody - Review and edit the [[RSE 2.0 Planning]] page
 
* Everybody - Review and edit the [[RSE 2.0 Planning]] page
 
* Everybody - Get latest RSE M-builds, sanity-check and verify late bug fixes
 
* Everybody - Get latest RSE M-builds, sanity-check and verify late bug fixes
Line 75: Line 69:
  
 
== New Action Items ==
 
== New Action Items ==
 +
* Martin to inquire IP Review about MV submission
 +
* Martin to add a project set for the terminal
 +
* Javier to respond on bugzilla item regarding SD and ECF
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 10-Jan-2006]] (5 weeks, 2nd wed due to christmas holidays)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 10-Jan-2006]] (5 weeks, 2nd wed due to christmas holidays)

Revision as of 12:27, 6 December 2006

Meeting Title: Conference Call on Target Management
Date & Time: Wednesday December 6, 2006 at 1700 UTC / 9am PST
Primary International Dial-in: +44 (0)1452 567588
USA Freephone Dial-In: +1 (866) 6161738
UK National Dial-In: 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

Attendees

  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf
  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
  • Montavista - Joe Green
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo

Notes

  • Recent Download Statistics (for analysis, see also the last meeting)
    • Download stats currently disabled on eclipse.org servers due to database problems
  • Update on RSE Status
    • Busy fixing 1.0.1 bugs
    • Terminal 0.9.0 checked in, need some Legal cleanup to go to TM downloads and update site, hopfully for 1.0.1
    • Test suites being finished, will be available as download for 1.0.1
    • 2.0 Planning not yet really started
    • Need testers for RSE 1.0.1 Testing
    • Comments / Questions?
      • IP review for MV's ssh plugin? -> Martin to check
  • Community's most wanted - who's working on what?
    • Terminal
      • MV looking forward to it
      • Michael working on ssh connector
    • File Permission Editing bug 165171
    • Please fill in RSE 2.0 Planning
    • News on Agents?
      • MV: Just ssh and gdbserver
      • WindRiver working on an agent framework, not yet sure if going to be open source; Symbian, Motorola are interested
    • Questions? Requests?
  • Communications
    • Collaborations with other projects (Platform/Team, PTP, CDT, TPTP, WTP, ECF, Aperi, g-Eclipse)
    • ECF wants TM Discovery to use ECF Interfaces -- OK to use Technology Project?
      • Javier: ECF-SD has improved, we could support ECF as well but keep our version too; need to know if there is Community need - our engine is much faster than the ECF one, and ours is more Zeroconf compliant
      • Javier to put this information on the bugzilla item
  • Technology sub-groups

Action Items to Review

  • Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 8-Nov-2006
  • [done] DaveD - begin EMO review submission for SSH/Processes patch from MontaVista
  • Everybody - Review and edit the RSE 2.0 Planning page
  • Everybody - Get latest RSE M-builds, sanity-check and verify late bug fixes
  • Maureen to try RSE, review docs, and get in contact with the dsdp-tm-dev list Martin

New Action Items

  • Martin to inquire IP Review about MV submission
  • Martin to add a project set for the terminal
  • Javier to respond on bugzilla item regarding SD and ECF

Next Meeting