Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Sep-2007"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''Conference Call on Target Management''' |- | Date & Time: | Wednesday Sep 5, 2007 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...)
 
 
Line 19: Line 19:
 
|}
 
|}
  
== Invited Attendees ==
+
== Attendees ==
  
This meeting is free for everyone to attend. It's a service of the TM developers and committers to community, fostering exchange of upcoming news, status and asking questions. We specially encourage those people to attend who are actively working on, or have shown interest in TM before:
+
* IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
 
+
* Motorola - Maureen Brenner, Fabio Fantato
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Ted Williams, Doug Gaff, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
* IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir
+
* LANL / PTP Project - Greg Watson
+
* QNX - Doug Schaefer
+
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo
* ARM - Anthony Berent
 
* TI - Dobrin Alexey
 
* Motorola - Maureen Brenner, Fabio Fantato, Daniel Franco, Christian Kurzke, Ruth Soliani
 
* Accelerated Technology - Aaron Spear, Mark Bozeman
 
* Freescale - Kirk Beitz
 
* Montavista - Joe Green
 
* Palm Source - Ewa Matejska
 
* Uday Kabe
 
  
== Actual Attendees ==
+
== Notes ==
 
+
== Agenda ==
+
  
 
=== Update on RSE Status ===
 
=== Update on RSE Status ===
 
* '''Project Plan Status''' - ideas on Future Planning, to be finalized at the F2F meeting
 
* '''Project Plan Status''' - ideas on Future Planning, to be finalized at the F2F meeting
 +
** Q from Mauren: Project structure that TM uses - currently a single project, storing info about each subsystem in a project
 +
** Martin: Persistence with TM 2.0 is in the metadata area now by default, persistence providers can be registered to store stuff somewhere else. For the future, we are looking at export/import to XML files or projects - single-project-profiles are legacy only.
 +
** Problem with persistence tied to a project, is that CM system can modify / update connections (even while connections are live). But the use-case is more a single-time import of connection info, then the user wants to have control over his connection, so we've been more moving toward an explicit import scenario, and after that the user would have full control over his connections.
 +
** Mauren: Connection tied to an emulator, also contains a state file for the virtual machine; that would be different for each user, not meant to be team-shared; will analyze whether Metadata is an alternative
 
* '''Codebase status''' - working on TM 2.0.1 in HEAD stream
 
* '''Codebase status''' - working on TM 2.0.1 in HEAD stream
 
* '''Future Planning''' - see [[TM Future Planning]]
 
* '''Future Planning''' - see [[TM Future Planning]]
Line 51: Line 42:
  
 
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
 
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
* TmL / Motorola Status: Started integrating code with TM/RSE
+
* TmL / Motorola Status: Started integrating code with TM/RSE - no news, currently working on internal requirements
* Community's most wanted
+
* Community contributions
+
* Questions
+
 
+
=== Technology sub-groups ===
+
  
 
== Action Items to Review ==
 
== Action Items to Review ==
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Aug-2007]]
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Aug-2007]]
 
== New Action Items ==
 
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 3-Oct-2007]] (4 weeks after)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 3-Oct-2007]] (4 weeks after)

Latest revision as of 12:25, 5 September 2007

Meeting Title: Conference Call on Target Management
Date & Time: Wednesday Sep 5, 2007 at 1600 UTC / 9am PST
Primary International Dial-in: +44 (0)1452 567588
USA Freephone Dial-In: +1 (866) 6161738
UK National Dial-In: 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

Contents

[edit] Attendees

  • IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
  • Motorola - Maureen Brenner, Fabio Fantato
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo

[edit] Notes

[edit] Update on RSE Status

  • Project Plan Status - ideas on Future Planning, to be finalized at the F2F meeting
    • Q from Mauren: Project structure that TM uses - currently a single project, storing info about each subsystem in a project
    • Martin: Persistence with TM 2.0 is in the metadata area now by default, persistence providers can be registered to store stuff somewhere else. For the future, we are looking at export/import to XML files or projects - single-project-profiles are legacy only.
    • Problem with persistence tied to a project, is that CM system can modify / update connections (even while connections are live). But the use-case is more a single-time import of connection info, then the user wants to have control over his connection, so we've been more moving toward an explicit import scenario, and after that the user would have full control over his connections.
    • Mauren: Connection tied to an emulator, also contains a state file for the virtual machine; that would be different for each user, not meant to be team-shared; will analyze whether Metadata is an alternative
  • Codebase status - working on TM 2.0.1 in HEAD stream
  • Future Planning - see TM Future Planning
  • Windriver Target Communication Framework - moving forward

[edit] TM Project Meeting / Coding Camp

  • See DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007. Our coding camp will be aimed for developers and committers to discuss architectural ideas and try them out right on the code. There will be limited time (perhaps 2 hours) for manager-like presentations if the community is interested. Everybody is invited to join the coding camp, preferredly bringing code to integrate with RSE or concrete ideas to discuss for the future.

[edit] Community Feedback and Status

  • TmL / Motorola Status: Started integrating code with TM/RSE - no news, currently working on internal requirements

[edit] Action Items to Review

[edit] Next Meeting