Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Nov-2008"

< DSDP‎ | TM
Line 19: Line 19:
 
|}
 
|}
  
== Invited Attendees ==
+
== Attendees ==
  
This meeting is free for everyone to attend. It's a service of the TM developers and committers to community, fostering exchange of upcoming news, status and asking questions. We specially encourage those people to attend who are actively working on, or have shown interest in TM before:
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
 +
* IBM - Kevin Doyle, Dave McKnight, Xuan Chen, Dave Dykstal
 +
* MontaVista - Anna Dushistova
  
* Committers:
+
== Notes ==
** IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
+
** Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov, Felix Burton
+
** ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
+
** MontaVista - Anna Dushistova
+
  
* Others:
 
** LANL / PTP Project - Greg Watson
 
** ARM - Anthony Berent
 
** TI - Dobrin Alexey
 
** Motorola - Maureen Brenner, Fabio Fantato, Daniel Franco, Christian Kurzke, Ruth Soliani
 
** Accelerated Technology - Aaron Spear, Mark Bozeman
 
** Freescale - Kirk Beitz
 
 
== Actual Attendees ==
 
 
== Agenda ==
 
 
=== Last Meetings ===
 
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Oct-2008]]
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Oct-2008]]
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 15-Oct-2008]]
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 15-Oct-2008]]
  
 
=== Update on RSE Status ===
 
=== Update on RSE Status ===
 +
 +
* Switching to Skype for monthly calls - '''AI Martin update the Wiki'''
  
 
==== TM 3.1 ====
 
==== TM 3.1 ====
* M3 is next week
+
* M3 is next week - no testing, just create a N&N
 
* [http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=dsdp.tm TM 3.1 plan], along with a [[DSDP/TM/3.1 Ramp down Plan]]
 
* [http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=dsdp.tm TM 3.1 plan], along with a [[DSDP/TM/3.1 Ramp down Plan]]
** Remove EFS from the project plan?
+
** Remove EFS from the project plan ... '''ok for everyone'''
** Early startup, {{Bug|239230}} OK now?
+
 
** {{Bug|196176}} - Deferred drag&drop SWT bug - need to find out how to report progress for the background file transfer, Rado?
 
** {{Bug|196176}} - Deferred drag&drop SWT bug - need to find out how to report progress for the background file transfer, Rado?
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major] open bugs, [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor High Priority] open  
+
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major] open bugs, [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor High Priority] open bugs, [[DSDP/TM/3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds]]
bugs, [[DSDP/TM/3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds]]
+
* [[Galileo Simultaneous Release#Requirements For Participation]]: Participate in Babel (done)
* [[Galileo Simultaneous Release#Requirements For Participation]]: Participate in Bable (done)
+
** Get rid of Platform "internal" usage - IBM Product work hopefully winding down next month, schedule some time in Dec/Jan
** Get rid of Platform "internal" usage
+
 
** Build process maturity: repeatable, scriptable, usable by others
 
** Build process maturity: repeatable, scriptable, usable by others
 
** Basic Capability / Activity definitions
 
** Basic Capability / Activity definitions
 +
* Many patches on bugzilla, feel free to commit to 3.1 stream... avoid too many patches
  
 
==== TM 3.0.2 ====
 
==== TM 3.0.2 ====
* Need a fixed date for 3.0.2 -- mid december?
+
* Need a fixed date for 3.0.2 -- mid december? - '''AI DaveM''' follow up with product team to get exact date
 
* Need to release into the Mapfile for M-builds to pick up fixes
 
* Need to release into the Mapfile for M-builds to pick up fixes
 +
* Testing: give 3 weeks for product teams to test, no official open source testing
  
 
==== Other Stuff ====
 
==== Other Stuff ====
* {{Bug|238574}} Website Revamp? We have a bugzilla "Website" component now
+
* {{Bug|238574}} Website Revamp? We have a bugzilla "Website" component now... still no volunteers
 
* '''Target Communication Framework''' - [[DSDP/TM/TCF FAQ]] available and plan theme, shooting for 1.0 under discussion.
 
* '''Target Communication Framework''' - [[DSDP/TM/TCF FAQ]] available and plan theme, shooting for 1.0 under discussion.
 
* Bugs [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&target_milestone=3.0+M5&target_milestone=3.0+M6&target_milestone=3.0+M7&target_milestone=3.0+RC1&target_milestone=3.0+RC2&target_milestone=3.0+RC3&target_milestone=3.0+RC4&target_milestone=3.0+RC5&target_milestone=3.0&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit still assigned to 3.0] -- Xuan, DaveD!
 
* Bugs [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&target_milestone=3.0+M5&target_milestone=3.0+M6&target_milestone=3.0+M7&target_milestone=3.0+RC1&target_milestone=3.0+RC2&target_milestone=3.0+RC3&target_milestone=3.0+RC4&target_milestone=3.0+RC5&target_milestone=3.0&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit still assigned to 3.0] -- Xuan, DaveD!
* Unittests, Abbot?
+
* Abbot pretty much dead -- looking at SWTBot now
* Findbugs?
+
* Unittests, Findbugs?
  
 
==== Individual Status ====
 
==== Individual Status ====
* Martin mostly switching to Platform/Core, E4 and EAC and RXTX work. For TM doing bug reviews, releng, and few selected fixes as interesting for WR.
+
* Martin - mostly switching to Platform/Core, E4 and EAC and RXTX work. For TM doing bug reviews, releng, and few selected fixes as interesting for WR.
 +
* DaveD - will look at M3 assigned bugs, product work winding down
 +
* DaveM - continuing 60% fixes on open RSE
 +
* Kevin - catching up on backport reviews, fair amount on open RSE
 +
* Xuan - mostly product work but winding down, helping Kevin on reviews, start looking on own bugs
 +
* Anna - mostly on generic Terminal / Telnet, but without automatic service creation via adapter (Telnet and SSH only for now)
  
 
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
 
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
Line 81: Line 73:
 
** {{bug|236205}} Generic Display subsystem (as a host for vnc etc)
 
** {{bug|236205}} Generic Display subsystem (as a host for vnc etc)
  
=== Technology sub-groups ===
+
== Vacations ==
 
+
== Vacations, Next Meetings ==
+
  
 
* Vacations, away times
 
* Vacations, away times
 +
** Anna Nov 8 - 15;
 +
** Anna, Martin on ESE Nov 17-20
 +
** DaveDMartin last week of dec and 1st week of Jan
 
* Questions
 
* Questions
  
=== Action Items ===
+
== Action Items ==
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Oct-2008]]
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Oct-2008]]
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 15-Oct-2008]]
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 15-Oct-2008]]
 
 
* '''Martin''' '''old''' review {{bug|196176}} Rado's deferred D&D
 
* '''Martin''' '''old''' review {{bug|196176}} Rado's deferred D&D
 +
* Martin - modify Wiki template for using Skype on monthly calls; contact Rado; remove EFS from project plan; N&N for TM 3.1M3, link into Portal?
 +
* Xuan, DaveD - get rid of 3.0 assigned open bugs
 +
* DaveM - come up with 3.0.2 release date
  
=== Next Meeting ===
+
== Next Meeting ==
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 19-Nov-2008]] (2 weeks after)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 19-Nov-2008]] (2 weeks after)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 4-Dec-2008]] (4 weeks after)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 4-Dec-2008]] (4 weeks after)

Revision as of 13:44, 5 November 2008

Meeting Title: Conference Call on Target Management
Date & Time: Wednesday Nov 5, 2008 at 1700 UTC / 9am PST
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Primary International Dial-in: +44 (0)1452 567588
USA Freephone Dial-In: +1 (866) 6161738
UK National Dial-In: 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

Attendees

  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
  • IBM - Kevin Doyle, Dave McKnight, Xuan Chen, Dave Dykstal
  • MontaVista - Anna Dushistova

Notes

Update on RSE Status

  • Switching to Skype for monthly calls - AI Martin update the Wiki

TM 3.1

TM 3.0.2

  • Need a fixed date for 3.0.2 -- mid december? - AI DaveM follow up with product team to get exact date
  • Need to release into the Mapfile for M-builds to pick up fixes
  • Testing: give 3 weeks for product teams to test, no official open source testing

Other Stuff

  • bug 238574 Website Revamp? We have a bugzilla "Website" component now... still no volunteers
  • Target Communication Framework - DSDP/TM/TCF FAQ available and plan theme, shooting for 1.0 under discussion.
  • Bugs still assigned to 3.0 -- Xuan, DaveD!
  • Abbot pretty much dead -- looking at SWTBot now
  • Unittests, Findbugs?

Individual Status

  • Martin - mostly switching to Platform/Core, E4 and EAC and RXTX work. For TM doing bug reviews, releng, and few selected fixes as interesting for WR.
  • DaveD - will look at M3 assigned bugs, product work winding down
  • DaveM - continuing 60% fixes on open RSE
  • Kevin - catching up on backport reviews, fair amount on open RSE
  • Xuan - mostly product work but winding down, helping Kevin on reviews, start looking on own bugs
  • Anna - mostly on generic Terminal / Telnet, but without automatic service creation via adapter (Telnet and SSH only for now)

Community Feedback and Status

  • Community contributions
    • Patrick Juhl - SSH Tunnel - no news. In JSch Session.setPortForwardingL() there seems to be an incompatibility between Eclipse 3.3 and 3.4 (according to JSch mailing list). SSH Tunnel being used by Collabnet Cubit
    • bug 196337 - TM Local Terminal Connector - waiting on fix for CDT Spawner
    • Freescale contributions to be reviewed - bug 247876 apply host to project; bug 247878 systemHostCombo with subsystems; bug 247879 project cache for RSE host settings
    • bug 236205 Generic Display subsystem (as a host for vnc etc)

Vacations

  • Vacations, away times
    • Anna Nov 8 - 15;
    • Anna, Martin on ESE Nov 17-20
    • DaveDMartin last week of dec and 1st week of Jan
  • Questions

Action Items

Next Meeting