Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Nov-2008"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 48: Line 48:
  
 
==== TM 3.1 ====
 
==== TM 3.1 ====
* TM Plan rendered [http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=dsdp.tm here], along with a [[DSDP/TM/3.1 Ramp down Plan]]
+
* M3 is next week
** Martin not investing in EFS any more, [[E4]] going different ways for remote resources: remotifying transparently is not always right, clients need to be aware of things being remote -- see [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse-incubator-e4-dev/msg00616.html E4 Mailing List] postings
+
* [http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=dsdp.tm TM 3.1 plan], along with a [[DSDP/TM/3.1 Ramp down Plan]]
** DaveM -- using EFS right now, unsure about plans for the future
+
** Remove EFS from the project plan?
** EFS deadlock problems during early startup currently being discussed, {{Bug|239230}} OK now?
+
** Early startup, {{Bug|239230}} OK now?
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major] open bugs, [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor High Priority] open bugs, [[DSDP/TM/3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds]]
+
** {{Bug|196176}} - Deferred drag&drop SWT bug - need to find out how to report progress for the background file transfer, Rado?
* {{Bug|196176}} - Deferred drag&drop from RSE to Windows Explorer is possible but it needs more work and collaboration with the SWT team. We need to find out how to report progress for the background file transfer.
+
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major] open bugs, [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor High Priority] open  
 +
bugs, [[DSDP/TM/3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds]]
 +
* [[Galileo Simultaneous Release#Requirements For Participation]]: Participate in Bable (done)
 +
** Get rid of Platform "internal" usage
 +
** Build process maturity: repeatable, scriptable, usable by others
 +
** Basic Capability / Activity definitions
 +
 
 +
==== TM 3.0.2 ====
 +
* Need a fixed date for 3.0.2 -- mid december?
 +
* Need to release into the Mapfile for M-builds to pick up fixes
  
 
==== Other Stuff ====
 
==== Other Stuff ====
 
* {{Bug|238574}} Website Revamp? We have a bugzilla "Website" component now
 
* {{Bug|238574}} Website Revamp? We have a bugzilla "Website" component now
* '''Target Communication Framework''' - [[DSDP/TM/TCF FAQ]] available and plan theme, shooting for 1.0 under discussion. EDL approved for the Agent. Community interest growing
+
* '''Target Communication Framework''' - [[DSDP/TM/TCF FAQ]] available and plan theme, shooting for 1.0 under discussion.
 +
* Bugs [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&target_milestone=3.0+M5&target_milestone=3.0+M6&target_milestone=3.0+M7&target_milestone=3.0+RC1&target_milestone=3.0+RC2&target_milestone=3.0+RC3&target_milestone=3.0+RC4&target_milestone=3.0+RC5&target_milestone=3.0&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit still assigned to 3.0] -- Xuan, DaveD!
 +
* Unittests, Abbot?
 +
* Findbugs?
  
 
==== Individual Status ====
 
==== Individual Status ====
* Martin now working much on [[Architecture Council]], [[E4]] and RXTX
+
* Martin mostly switching to Platform/Core, E4 and EAC and RXTX work. For TM doing bug reviews, releng, and few selected fixes as interesting for WR.
  
 
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
 
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
 
* Community contributions
 
* Community contributions
** Patrick Juhl - SSH Tunnel - no news
+
** Patrick Juhl - SSH Tunnel - no news. In JSch Session.setPortForwardingL() there seems to be an incompatibility between Eclipse 3.3 and 3.4 (according to JSch mailing list). SSH Tunnel being used by [http://desktop-eclipse.open.collab.net/source/browse/desktop-eclipse/trunk/plugins/com.collabnet.cubit/ Collabnet Cubit]
** {{bug|196337}} - TM Local Terminal Connector
+
** {{bug|196337}} - TM Local Terminal Connector - waiting on fix for CDT Spawner
 +
** Freescale contributions to be reviewed - {{bug|247876}} apply host to project; {{bug|247878}} systemHostCombo with subsystems; {{bug|247879}} project cache for RSE host settings
 +
** {{bug|236205}} Generic Display subsystem (as a host for vnc etc)
  
 
=== Technology sub-groups ===
 
=== Technology sub-groups ===
Line 74: Line 88:
 
* Questions
 
* Questions
  
=== Action Items to Review ===
+
=== Action Items ===
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Oct-2008]]
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Oct-2008]]
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 15-Oct-2008]]
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 15-Oct-2008]]
  
=== New Action Items ===
+
* '''Martin''' '''old''' review {{bug|196176}} Rado's deferred D&D
* '''Martin''' '''old''' review Rado's deferred D&D
+
  
 
=== Next Meeting ===
 
=== Next Meeting ===
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 19-Nov-2008]] (2 weeks after)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 19-Nov-2008]] (2 weeks after)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 4-Dec-2008]] (4 weeks after)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 4-Dec-2008]] (4 weeks after)

Revision as of 12:52, 5 November 2008

Meeting Title: Conference Call on Target Management
Date & Time: Wednesday Nov 5, 2008 at 1700 UTC / 9am PST
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Primary International Dial-in: +44 (0)1452 567588
USA Freephone Dial-In: +1 (866) 6161738
UK National Dial-In: 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

Contents

Invited Attendees

This meeting is free for everyone to attend. It's a service of the TM developers and committers to community, fostering exchange of upcoming news, status and asking questions. We specially encourage those people to attend who are actively working on, or have shown interest in TM before:

  • Committers:
    • IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
    • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov, Felix Burton
    • ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
    • MontaVista - Anna Dushistova
  • Others:
    • LANL / PTP Project - Greg Watson
    • ARM - Anthony Berent
    • TI - Dobrin Alexey
    • Motorola - Maureen Brenner, Fabio Fantato, Daniel Franco, Christian Kurzke, Ruth Soliani
    • Accelerated Technology - Aaron Spear, Mark Bozeman
    • Freescale - Kirk Beitz

Actual Attendees

Agenda

Last Meetings

Update on RSE Status

TM 3.1

bugs, DSDP/TM/3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds

TM 3.0.2

  • Need a fixed date for 3.0.2 -- mid december?
  • Need to release into the Mapfile for M-builds to pick up fixes

Other Stuff

  • bug 238574 Website Revamp? We have a bugzilla "Website" component now
  • Target Communication Framework - DSDP/TM/TCF FAQ available and plan theme, shooting for 1.0 under discussion.
  • Bugs still assigned to 3.0 -- Xuan, DaveD!
  • Unittests, Abbot?
  • Findbugs?

Individual Status

  • Martin mostly switching to Platform/Core, E4 and EAC and RXTX work. For TM doing bug reviews, releng, and few selected fixes as interesting for WR.

Community Feedback and Status

  • Community contributions
    • Patrick Juhl - SSH Tunnel - no news. In JSch Session.setPortForwardingL() there seems to be an incompatibility between Eclipse 3.3 and 3.4 (according to JSch mailing list). SSH Tunnel being used by Collabnet Cubit
    • bug 196337 - TM Local Terminal Connector - waiting on fix for CDT Spawner
    • Freescale contributions to be reviewed - bug 247876 apply host to project; bug 247878 systemHostCombo with subsystems; bug 247879 project cache for RSE host settings
    • bug 236205 Generic Display subsystem (as a host for vnc etc)

Technology sub-groups

Vacations, Next Meetings

  • Vacations, away times
  • Questions

Action Items

  • Martin old review bug 196176 Rado's deferred D&D

Next Meeting