Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 4-Jun-2008"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''Conference Call on Target Management''' |- | Date & Time: | Wednesday Jun 4, 2008 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...)
 
 
Line 19: Line 19:
 
|}
 
|}
  
== Invited Attendees ==
+
== Attendees ==
  
This meeting is free for everyone to attend. It's a service of the TM developers and committers to community, fostering exchange of upcoming news, status and asking questions. We specially encourage those people to attend who are actively working on, or have shown interest in TM before:
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
 +
* IBM - Dave Dykstal
  
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Ted Williams, Doug Gaff, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber
+
== Notes ==
* IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir
+
* LANL / PTP Project - Greg Watson
+
* QNX - Doug Schaefer
+
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo
+
* ARM - Anthony Berent
+
* TI - Dobrin Alexey
+
* Motorola - Maureen Brenner, Fabio Fantato, Daniel Franco, Christian Kurzke, Ruth Soliani
+
* Accelerated Technology - Aaron Spear, Mark Bozeman
+
* Freescale - Kirk Beitz
+
* Montavista - Joe Green
+
* Palm Source - Ewa Matejska
+
* Uday Kabe
+
  
== Actual Attendees ==
+
* {{Bug|235600}} TM 3.0 Bundle and Feature Versioning - conclusion: Don't uprev versions just for the sake of looking consistent. Do the right thing, clients get used to "mixed" versions in a product as result of different incremental changes (breaking or non-breaking). RC3 status looks good. '''AI DaveD''' to comment and Review + on the bug.
  
== Agenda ==
+
* New Releng Scripts: Martin to prepare RC4 next week, will be back in time after vacation to release any final changes just in case, so there is an exit strategy. '''AI Martin''' to work on releng framework for DaveD to use, hopefully using it will not be necessary. Created 3.0RC4 bugzilla target milestone. Doc changes still possible till 3.0 final.
 
+
=== Update on RSE Status ===
+
* '''Target Communication Framework''' - [[DSDP/TM/TCF FAQ]] available and approved by EMO. Now working on SVN Repository at Eclipse.org. EclipseCon Tutorial and Short Talk available from [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm TM Homepage]
+
* '''Project Plan Status''' - still on the [[TM Future Planning]] page only
+
** Bugzilla plan items as well as an "official" project plan will be done
+
** Focus on TCF; RSE bug-fixes and quality; UI/Non-UI splitting; Import/Export of Profiles
+
* '''Codebase status''' - API changes for TM 3.0 in HEAD stream - See recent 3.0M6 (I-build) build notes
+
** Latest information about API changes are in the build notes of recent I-builds (weekly every Thursday)
+
** Working on improved release engineering scripts, especially for running unit tests nightly
+
* '''EclipseCon'''
+
** All DSDP related presentations available from [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp DSDP Homepage]
+
 
+
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
+
* Community's most wanted
+
** PHP / PDT people hot on EFS fixes and improvements
+
* Community contributions
+
** Francesco Crivelli - Terminal integration dropped, now being worked on by Montavista
+
** {{Bug|214887}} Windows CE - approved and contributed, new Incubation (Experimental) Download
+
** Patrick Juhl - SSH Tunnel - no news
+
** RSE being used by the Community, but no contributions for BugDay
+
* Questions
+
 
+
=== Technology sub-groups ===
+
  
 
== Action Items to Review ==
 
== Action Items to Review ==
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 2-Apr-2008]]
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 2-Apr-2008]]
 
== New Action Items ==
 
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 2-Jul-2008]] (4 weeks after)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 2-Jul-2008]] (4 weeks after)

Latest revision as of 12:35, 4 June 2008

Meeting Title: Conference Call on Target Management
Date & Time: Wednesday Jun 4, 2008 at 1600 UTC / 9am PST
Primary International Dial-in: +44 (0)1452 567588
USA Freephone Dial-In: +1 (866) 6161738
UK National Dial-In: 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

Contents

[edit] Attendees

  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
  • IBM - Dave Dykstal

[edit] Notes

  • bug 235600 TM 3.0 Bundle and Feature Versioning - conclusion: Don't uprev versions just for the sake of looking consistent. Do the right thing, clients get used to "mixed" versions in a product as result of different incremental changes (breaking or non-breaking). RC3 status looks good. AI DaveD to comment and Review + on the bug.
  • New Releng Scripts: Martin to prepare RC4 next week, will be back in time after vacation to release any final changes just in case, so there is an exit strategy. AI Martin to work on releng framework for DaveD to use, hopefully using it will not be necessary. Created 3.0RC4 bugzilla target milestone. Doc changes still possible till 3.0 final.

[edit] Action Items to Review

[edit] Next Meeting