DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 4-Jul-2007
|Meeting Title:||Conference Call on Target Management|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday Jul 4, 2007 at 1600 UTC / 9am PST|
|Primary International Dial-in:||+44 (0)1452 567588|
|USA Freephone Dial-In:||+1 (866) 6161738|
|UK National Dial-In:||08712460713|
This meeting is free for everyone to attend. We specially encourage those people to attend who are actively working on, or have shown interest in TM before:
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Ted Williams, Doug Gaff, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber
- IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir
- LANL / PTP Project - Greg Watson
- QNX - Doug Schaefer
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo
- ARM - Anthony Berent
- TI - Dobrin Alexey
- Motorola - Maureen Brenner, Fabio Fantato, Daniel Franco, Christian Kurzke, Ruth Soliani
- Accelerated Technology - Aaron Spear, Mark Bozeman
- Freescale - Kirk Beitz
- Montavista - Joe Green
- Palm Source - Ewa Matejska
- Uday Kabe
Update on RSE Status
- Project Plan Status: Most items completed, except for
- IBM User Actions had to be deferred to a later release
- RSE / Terminal integration had to be deferred to a later release
- UI/Non-UI Separation is prepared in terms of API, but not yet implementation. This means, that full UI/Non-UI Separation will be possible in the next release stream with only minor or no API changes (source compatible). But we have not reached full separation yet.
- Codebase status: mostly stable, the TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa explains what kinds of bug fixes are still allowed. A recent posting on the mailing list further clarifies the procedure. It's a risk vs. benefit decision - if we get MUCH benefit at VERY LOW risk, we'll even allow API changes.
- Future Planning: The community is invited to join planning by editing the TM Future Planning Wiki page with comments or suggestions, or collaborate with us on the newsgroup or mailing list. When the ideas are getting more clear, we'll create bugzilla items for tracking the plan items. Currently, it looks like we'll be going for another major release (TM 3.0) with the next year's Ganymede train, which will be mostly Source compatible but not binary compatible.
- Windriver Target Communication Framework (open source agent) moving forward; Open Source contribution as a new component under the TM project is very likely, kick-off meeting planned for beginning of July; a PPT presentation with details about TCF has been sent to the mailing list earlier.
TM Project Meeting / Coding Camp
- We're planning a TM Coding Camp on Sept. 19/20 in Chicago, together with the Eclipse Foundation Members Meeting. Our coding camp will be aimed for developers and committers to discuss architectural ideas and try them out right on the code. There will be limited time (perhaps 2 hours) for manager-like presentations if the community is interested. Everybody is invited to join the coding camp, preferredly bringing code to integrate with RSE or concrete ideas to discuss for the future.
Community Feedback and Status
- Community's most wanted
- Community contributions
Action Items to Review
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 6-Jun-2007
New Action Items
- Next DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Aug-2007 (4 weeks after)