Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 3-Sep-2008"

< DSDP‎ | TM
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''Conference Call on Target Management''' |- | Date & Time: | Wednesday Sep 3, 2008 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...)
 
 
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 19: Line 19:
 
|}
 
|}
  
== Invited Attendees ==
+
== Attendees ==
 +
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
 +
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
 +
* MontaVista - Anna Dushistova
  
This meeting is free for everyone to attend. It's a service of the TM developers and committers to community, fostering exchange of upcoming news, status and asking questions. We specially encourage those people to attend who are actively working on, or have shown interest in TM before:
+
== Notes ==
 
+
* Committers:
+
** IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
+
** Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov, Felix Burton
+
** Private - Javier Montalvo Orus
+
** ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
+
** MontaVista - Anna Dushistova
+
 
+
* Others:
+
** LANL / PTP Project - Greg Watson
+
** ARM - Anthony Berent
+
** TI - Dobrin Alexey
+
** Motorola - Maureen Brenner, Fabio Fantato, Daniel Franco, Christian Kurzke, Ruth Soliani
+
** Accelerated Technology - Aaron Spear, Mark Bozeman
+
** Freescale - Kirk Beitz
+
 
+
== Actual Attendees ==
+
 
+
== Agenda ==
+
  
 
=== Last Meetings ===
 
=== Last Meetings ===
Line 47: Line 31:
  
 
=== Update on RSE Status ===
 
=== Update on RSE Status ===
* TM 3.0 Release: [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/relnotes/3.0/tm-news-3.0.html New&Noteworthy], [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/relnotes/3.0/readme_tm_3.0.html Release Notes], Build Process, Bugzilla
+
==== TM 3.0.1 ====
** Is the information that we give enough? (New&Noteworthy); build notes accurate until M6 only, some API changes + feature additions likely missing. Also, the concept of referencing build notes from download.eclipse.org is problematic since milestones are moved to archive.eclipse.org and even deleted eventually --> need a "summary of build notes" on a more persistent place
+
* [[DSDP/TM/3.0 Ramp down Plan for Ganymede]]
** Ganymede TM Video: features to show beyond what we have in our N&N?
+
* Some questions from Martin outstanding: DD: {{bug|236516}} ISubSystem patch, DKM: {{bug|235284}} dstore ClientConnection patch, DKM: {{bug|234045}} permissions property page
** {{Bug|238574}} Website Revamp? We have a bugzilla "Website" component now
+
* Will freeze / branch for RC1 today
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major] open bugs, [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor High Priority] open bugs, [[DSDP/TM/3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds]]
+
* Policy after the branching:
** EFS deadlock problems during early startup currently being discussed, {{Bug|239230}}
+
** Create a separate Workspace for the branch, where all plugins are at the Mapfile version!
* '''TM 3.0.1 Build Schedule'''
+
** Only fix critical issues in the branch!
** Focus on keeping and improving reliability since WR and IBM will pick up 3.0.1 into commercial products
+
** Only commit / release after at least 1 person's review!
** Continue working in HEAD with care; will likely fork off a maintenance-only branch in August
+
** Before committing: (1) synchronize rse.build (Mapfile) from branch R3_0_maintenance, then (2) Team > Replace with Mapfile Contents, then (3) Team > Branch the Plugin
** {{Bug|172483}} Secondary Terminals for TM 3.0.1 ? - No objections against 3.0.1
+
*** Branch name: R3_0_maintenance, Root at Root_R3_0_maintenance
** {{Bug|238773}} WinCE RAPI enhancement for calling remote methods for 3.0.1 ? - Will continue in HEAD but not release into the Mapfiles
+
*** When releasing from a branch, release as "r30x_v200809102000" (UTC timestamp) - in order to avoid clashes with I-builds
** {{Bug|196176}} - Deferred drag&drop from RSE to Windows Explorer is possible but it needs more work and collaboration with the SWT team. We need to find out how to report progress for the background file transfer.
+
* Any Known Issues to be fixed?
*** Can patch SWT + RSE to try it out (win32 only): when patching SWT, may have issues with other drag&drop operations. Currently all D&D is async, would need API flag whether async is wanted or not
+
** Display issues and modelChangeListener working properly now?
*** Proof of concept for now, need feedback / opinions about this approach
+
** EFS deadlock problems during early startup currently being discussed, {{Bug|239230}} OK now?
* '''Bugzilla Target Milestone''': use the "3.0.1" milestone for what "will be fixed" or what "can be fixed" in 3.0.1 ?
+
* When / How much Testing?
** Will do same as last year: use "3.0.1" for "can be fixed" even if we cannot handle all
+
** IBM absorbing builds, unsure what the cycles are.
** Committers please update target milestone of your [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?bug_file_loc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_id=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bugidtype=include&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&classification=DSDP&email1=&email2=&emailtype1=substring&emailtype2=substring&field-1-0-0=classification&field-1-1-0=product&field-1-2-0=target_milestone&field-1-3-0=bug_status&field0-0-0=noop&keywords=&keywords_type=allwords&long_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&product=Target%20Management&query_format=advanced&remaction=&short_desc=&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&target_milestone=3.0&target_milestone=3.0%20M3&target_milestone=3.0%20M4&target_milestone=3.0%20M5&target_milestone=3.0%20M6&target_milestone=3.0%20M7&target_milestone=3.0%20RC1&target_milestone=3.0%20RC2&target_milestone=3.0%20RC3&target_milestone=3.0%20RC4&target_milestone=3.0%20RC5&type-1-0-0=anyexact&type-1-1-0=anyexact&type-1-2-0=anyexact&type-1-3-0=anyexact&type0-0-0=noop&value-1-0-0=DSDP&value-1-1-0=Target%20Management&value-1-2-0=3.0%2C3.0%20M3%2C3.0%20M4%2C3.0%20M5%2C3.0%20M6%2C3.0%20M7%2C3.0%20RC1%2C3.0%20RC2%2C3.0%20RC3%2C3.0%20RC4%2C3.0%20RC5&value-1-3-0=UNCONFIRMED%2CNEW%2CASSIGNED%2CREOPENED&value0-0-0=&votes=&order=map_assigned_to.login_name%2Cbugs.priority%2Cbugs.priority%2Cbugs.bug_severity%2Cmap_assigned_to.login_name%2Cbugs.bug_status%2Cbugs.priority%2Cbugs.bug_id&query_based_on= 3.0 assigned bugs] (currently 98)
+
** {{bug|187739}} seems risky: scenario is expanding a tree and refreshing a parent node
** Use "Edit Query" to show only yours, then query, then "Change Several Bugs at Once"
+
  
=== TCF and other initiatives Status ===
+
==== TM 3.1 ====
* '''Target Communication Framework''' - [[DSDP/TM/TCF FAQ]] available and approved by EMO. Now working on SVN Repository at Eclipse.org. EclipseCon Tutorial and Short Talk available from [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm TM Homepage]
+
* TM Plan rendered [http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=dsdp.tm here], along with a [[DSDP/TM/3.1 Ramp down Plan]]
* EPL / EDL dual licensing approved by Eclipse Board for the TCF Agent. Creating new CQ and changing the Copyright / about files now.
+
** Martin not investing in EFS any more, [[E4]] going different ways for remote resources: remotifying transparently is not always right, clients need to be aware of things being remote -- see [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse-incubator-e4-dev/msg00616.html E4 Mailing List] postings
* Picked up TM 3.0 and DD-DSF 1.0 so it's compatible with Ganymede now
+
** DaveM -- using EFS right now, unsure about plans for the future
* {{Bug|238564}} has some very good notes about migrating from TM 2.0 to TM 3.0
+
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major] open bugs, [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor High Priority] open bugs, [[DSDP/TM/3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds]]
* Working towards scheduled builds and downloadable artifacts.
+
* {{Bug|196176}} - Deferred drag&drop from RSE to Windows Explorer is possible but it needs more work and collaboration with the SWT team. We need to find out how to report progress for the background file transfer.
  
=== Operations ===
+
==== Other Stuff ====
* Anna introduction - working for MV in Moscow, Russia
+
* [[DSDP/TM/Board Report 2008]]
* Newsgroup Duty
+
* {{Bug|238574}} Website Revamp? We have a bugzilla "Website" component now
* The new iplog+ flag: [[Development Resources/Automatic IP Log]], {{Bug|233291}}, {{Bug|220977}}
+
* '''Target Communication Framework''' - [[DSDP/TM/TCF FAQ]] available and plan theme, shooting for 1.0 under discussion. EDL approved for the Agent. Community interest growing
** [http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ip_log.php?projectid=dsdp.tm Automatic IP Log for TM] doesn't work yet due to a bug in the generator (won't accept space char in bugzilla project name)
+
** {{Bug|238564}} has some very good notes about migrating from TM 2.0 to TM 3.0
** But we should be prepared to do automatic log, so we should fully comply
+
** Working towards scheduled builds and downloadable artifacts.
** '''Mark any Patch or other Attachment''' that's contributed with '''iplog+''' when it is committed into CVS
+
** '''Mark the Bug''' with iplog+ if a contribution comes in as bugzilla comment
+
** In addition to that, for now, please also mark the bug with the "contributed" keyword (that's the legacy way of doing things) and edit the manual tm-log.csv. I know it's painful but I'd like to continue doing so until the automated log works for us.
+
  
=== TM 3.1 / Future Planning ===
+
==== Individual Status ====
* '''Project Plan Status''' - New XML project plan format available, incubation of plan on the [[TM Future Planning]] Wiki
+
* Martin now working much on [[Architecture Council]], [[E4]] and RXTX - for TM related status see [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 20-Aug-2008]]
** Bugzilla plan items as well as an "official" project plan will be done
+
* DaveD hopes to get back to more OpenRSE stuff over time (October)
** Wind River: Focus on TCF; RSE bug-fixes and quality; Multi-System/Connection Grouping
+
* Xuan, Kevin likely continue working heavily on IBM portion until October at least
** IBM: RSE bug-fixes and quality; EFS; Import/Export of Profiles
+
* DaveM mostly on OpenRSE (at least 60%)
** Prosyst: WinCE (but not going to adopt RSE for now)
+
* Anna moved away from Open Source, hopes to get back (to Terminal) next month.
** Rado private: SWT deferred drag&drop;
+
** Anna/MV: RSE Terminals; have Shell Processes work with Terminal only (would like in 3.0.1); more integration of RSE with CDT and DD
+
** ?? UI/Non-UI splitting;
+
  
 
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
 
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
 
* Community contributions
 
* Community contributions
 
** Patrick Juhl - SSH Tunnel - no news
 
** Patrick Juhl - SSH Tunnel - no news
 
+
** {{bug|196337}} - TM Local Terminal Connector
=== Technology sub-groups ===
+
  
 
== Vacations, Next Meetings ==
 
== Vacations, Next Meetings ==
Line 104: Line 80:
 
* Questions
 
* Questions
  
=== Action Items to Review ===
+
=== Action Items ===
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 6-Aug-2008]]
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 6-Aug-2008]]
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 20-Aug-2008]]
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 20-Aug-2008]]
 
=== New Action Items ===
 
 
* All committers fix target milestone of bugs assigned to 3.0
 
* All committers fix target milestone of bugs assigned to 3.0
* '''Martin''' review Rado's deferred D&D
+
* '''Martin''' '''old''' review Rado's deferred D&D
  
 
=== Next Meeting ===
 
=== Next Meeting ===
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Sep-2008]] (2 weeks after)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Sep-2008]] (2 weeks after)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Oct-2008]] (4 weeks after)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Oct-2008]] (4 weeks after)

Latest revision as of 11:41, 3 September 2008

Meeting Title: Conference Call on Target Management
Date & Time: Wednesday Sep 3, 2008 at 1600 UTC / 9am PST
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Primary International Dial-in: +44 (0)1452 567588
USA Freephone Dial-In: +1 (866) 6161738
UK National Dial-In: 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
  • MontaVista - Anna Dushistova

Notes

Last Meetings

Update on RSE Status

TM 3.0.1

  • DSDP/TM/3.0 Ramp down Plan for Ganymede
  • Some questions from Martin outstanding: DD: bug 236516 ISubSystem patch, DKM: bug 235284 dstore ClientConnection patch, DKM: bug 234045 permissions property page
  • Will freeze / branch for RC1 today
  • Policy after the branching:
    • Create a separate Workspace for the branch, where all plugins are at the Mapfile version!
    • Only fix critical issues in the branch!
    • Only commit / release after at least 1 person's review!
    • Before committing: (1) synchronize rse.build (Mapfile) from branch R3_0_maintenance, then (2) Team > Replace with Mapfile Contents, then (3) Team > Branch the Plugin
      • Branch name: R3_0_maintenance, Root at Root_R3_0_maintenance
      • When releasing from a branch, release as "r30x_v200809102000" (UTC timestamp) - in order to avoid clashes with I-builds
  • Any Known Issues to be fixed?
    • Display issues and modelChangeListener working properly now?
    • EFS deadlock problems during early startup currently being discussed, bug 239230 OK now?
  • When / How much Testing?
    • IBM absorbing builds, unsure what the cycles are.
    • bug 187739 seems risky: scenario is expanding a tree and refreshing a parent node

TM 3.1

  • TM Plan rendered here, along with a DSDP/TM/3.1 Ramp down Plan
    • Martin not investing in EFS any more, E4 going different ways for remote resources: remotifying transparently is not always right, clients need to be aware of things being remote -- see E4 Mailing List postings
    • DaveM -- using EFS right now, unsure about plans for the future
  • Severity Major open bugs, High Priority open bugs, DSDP/TM/3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds
  • bug 196176 - Deferred drag&drop from RSE to Windows Explorer is possible but it needs more work and collaboration with the SWT team. We need to find out how to report progress for the background file transfer.

Other Stuff

  • DSDP/TM/Board Report 2008
  • bug 238574 Website Revamp? We have a bugzilla "Website" component now
  • Target Communication Framework - DSDP/TM/TCF FAQ available and plan theme, shooting for 1.0 under discussion. EDL approved for the Agent. Community interest growing
    • bug 238564 has some very good notes about migrating from TM 2.0 to TM 3.0
    • Working towards scheduled builds and downloadable artifacts.

Individual Status

  • Martin now working much on Architecture Council, E4 and RXTX - for TM related status see DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 20-Aug-2008
  • DaveD hopes to get back to more OpenRSE stuff over time (October)
  • Xuan, Kevin likely continue working heavily on IBM portion until October at least
  • DaveM mostly on OpenRSE (at least 60%)
  • Anna moved away from Open Source, hopes to get back (to Terminal) next month.

Community Feedback and Status

  • Community contributions
    • Patrick Juhl - SSH Tunnel - no news
    • bug 196337 - TM Local Terminal Connector

Vacations, Next Meetings

  • Vacations, away times
  • Questions

Action Items

Next Meeting