DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 3-Dec-2008

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting Title: Conference Call on Target Management
Date & Time: Wednesday Dec 3, 2008 at 1700 UTC / 9am PST
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype
Interested Parties ping martin.oberhuber on Skype Chat for getting added to the call.

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.


Contents

Attendees

This meeting is free for everyone to attend. It's a service of the TM developers and committers to community, fostering exchange of upcoming news, status and asking questions. Committers are expected to attend.

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
  • MontaVista - Anna Dushistova


Agenda

Last Meetings

Update on RSE Status

TM 3.0.2

  • No changes planned this week, 3.0.2 release planned for Dec.5
    • DaveM: maybe 1 more fix pending (slow communication) - memory problem on Search, hopefully fix by today
    • AI Martin to move bits to 3.0 update site and Ganymede tomorrow (thursday) or friday
  • Martin wants to be very restrictive for 3.0.3

TM 3.1

  • 3.1M3 Assigned Open bugs - AI Everyone reassign target milestone as appropriate
  • Martin would like to identify the "big rocks" for 3.1 -- assign priorities for "investigate" kind of things, target milestone for "committed" things
    • AI Everyone triage bugs / plan items Until next week, wed Dec 10 i.e. push up big rocks in priority
    • Project TM 3.1 plan may help finding issues of interest
    • Get rid of Platform "internal" usage - schedule some time in Dec/Jan - AI Martin file bugs for API mis-use
    • Galileo "Basic Activity Definitions" separate plug-in/feature
  • Severity Major open bugs, High Priority open bugs, DSDP/TM/3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds
  • Many patches on bugzilla, feel free to commit to 3.1 stream... avoid too many patches

Individual Status

  • Anna: Finished Telnet Terminal Rework, wants patch reviewed -- AI Martin review
  • DaveD: Finishing IBM stuff, triage of 3.1m3 bugs and 3.1 big rocks on friday, want fix backlog
  • DaveM: Looking at Search OutOfMemory issue
  • Kevin: Verifying 3.0.2 stuff
  • Xuan: Verifying 3.0.2 stuff - planning to fix Junit issue / bugs next week
  • Martin: RXTX this week; RSE-build/releng next week, big rock bugs after: bug 227750 IRSEInteractionProvider, bug 239230 Early startup
  • Rado: Cancel-copy, WinCE, bug 196176 - Deferred drag&drop SWT

Other Stuff

  • bug 238574 Website Revamp - image from the Community is good, need some time to revamp the contents - AI DaveD next week
    • Improve homepage at least, use the Community photoshopped screenshot; PDT, Mylyn are nice

Vacations

  • Martin monday Dec 8 (public holiday)
  • DaveD, Martin last week of dec and 1st week of Jan

Action Items

  • Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Nov-2008
  • Last DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 26-Nov-2008
  • Everyone find/triage "big rock" bugs for 3.1 and increase priority / set target milestone (may decrease priority on others).
  • Martin create API internal bugs; release 3.0.2; review Anna's patch; old review bug 196176 Rado's deferred D&D; new Builder until 3.1M4; bug 227750 Display in non-UI write fix until 3.1M4; Run performance tests for bug 236065 IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs;
  • Xuan: old Look at bug 230917 Archive Handler Unittests
  • DaveD bug 238574 Website revamp; old get rid of 3.0 assigned open bugs;
  • DaveM old bug 199596 Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;

Next Meeting