Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 3-Dec-2008"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''Conference Call on Target Management''' |- | Date & Time: | Wednesday Dec 4, 2008 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...)
 
 
(3 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Date & Time:  
 
| Date & Time:  
| Wednesday [[Dec 4, 2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=12&day=4&year=2008&hour=17&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 1700 UTC / 9am PST]<br>[[Image:Html.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=vn70im36r00qeusu8nme50cils@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Canada/Toronto HTML] | [[Image:Ical.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/vn70im36r00qeusu8nme50cils@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics iCal]
+
| Wednesday [[Dec 3, 2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=12&day=3&year=2008&hour=17&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 1700 UTC / 9am PST]<br>[[Image:Html.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=vn70im36r00qeusu8nme50cils@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Canada/Toronto HTML] | [[Image:Ical.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/vn70im36r00qeusu8nme50cils@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics iCal]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Dial-in:
 
| Dial-in:
Line 16: Line 16:
  
  
== Invited Attendees ==
+
== Attendees ==
  
This meeting is free for everyone to attend. It's a service of the TM developers and committers to community, fostering exchange of upcoming news, status and asking questions. We specially encourage those people to attend who are actively working on, or have shown interest in TM before:
+
This meeting is free for everyone to attend. It's a service of the TM developers and committers to community, fostering exchange of upcoming news, status and asking questions. Committers are expected to attend.
  
 +
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
 +
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
 +
* MontaVista - Anna Dushistova
 +
 +
<!--
 
* Committers:
 
* Committers:
 
** IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
 
** IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
Line 33: Line 38:
 
** Accelerated Technology - Aaron Spear, Mark Bozeman
 
** Accelerated Technology - Aaron Spear, Mark Bozeman
 
** Freescale - Kirk Beitz
 
** Freescale - Kirk Beitz
 
+
-->
== Actual Attendees ==
+
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
  
 
=== Last Meetings ===
 
=== Last Meetings ===
 +
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 26-Nov-2008]]
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Nov-2008]]
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Nov-2008]]
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 19-Nov-2008]]
+
* Skype Call Quality - excellent this time
  
 
=== Update on RSE Status ===
 
=== Update on RSE Status ===
 +
 +
==== TM 3.0.2 ====
 +
* No changes planned this week, 3.0.2 release planned for Dec.5
 +
** DaveM: maybe 1 more fix pending (slow communication) - memory problem on Search, hopefully fix by today
 +
** '''AI Martin''' to move bits to 3.0 update site and Ganymede tomorrow (thursday) or friday
 +
* Martin wants to be very restrictive for 3.0.3
  
 
==== TM 3.1 ====
 
==== TM 3.1 ====
* [http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=dsdp.tm TM 3.1 plan], along with a [[DSDP/TM/3.1 Ramp down Plan]]
+
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&target_milestone=3.0&target_milestone=3.0.1&target_milestone=3.1+M2&target_milestone=3.1+M3&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit 3.1M3 Assigned Open bugs] - '''AI Everyone''' reassign target milestone as appropriate
** Remove EFS from the project plan, ok for everyone?
+
* Martin would like to identify the "big rocks" for 3.1 -- assign priorities for "investigate" kind of things, target milestone for "committed" things
** Early startup, {{Bug|239230}} OK now?
+
** '''AI Everyone''' triage bugs / plan items '''Until next week, wed Dec 10''' i.e. push up big rocks in priority
** {{Bug|196176}} - Deferred drag&drop SWT bug - need to find out how to report progress for the background file transfer, Rado?
+
** Project [http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=dsdp.tm TM 3.1 plan] may help finding issues of interest
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major] open bugs, [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor High Priority] open  
+
** Get rid of Platform "internal" usage - schedule some time in Dec/Jan - '''AI Martin''' file bugs for API mis-use
bugs, [[DSDP/TM/3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds]]
+
** Galileo "Basic Activity Definitions" separate plug-in/feature
* [[Galileo Simultaneous Release#Requirements For Participation]]: Participate in Babel (done)
+
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major] open bugs, [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor High Priority] open bugs, [[DSDP/TM/3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds]]
** Get rid of Platform "internal" usage - IBM Product work hopefully winding down next month, schedule some time in Dec/Jan
+
** Build process maturity: repeatable, scriptable, usable by others
+
** Basic Capability / Activity definitions
+
 
* Many patches on bugzilla, feel free to commit to 3.1 stream... avoid too many patches
 
* Many patches on bugzilla, feel free to commit to 3.1 stream... avoid too many patches
 +
** Community contributions: 38 [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=attachments.ispatch&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=1 Open bugs with patches] right now, should apply before patches get outdated (see also the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/bug_process.php Bug Process Page] for a query)
  
==== TM 3.0.2 ====
+
==== Individual Status ====
* Need a fixed date for 3.0.2 -- mid december? - '''AI DaveM''' follow up with product team to get exact date
+
* '''Anna''': Finished Telnet Terminal Rework, wants patch reviewed -- '''AI Martin''' review
* Need to release into the Mapfile for M-builds to pick up fixes
+
* '''DaveD''': Finishing IBM stuff, triage of 3.1m3 bugs and 3.1 big rocks on friday, want fix backlog
* Testing: give 3 weeks for product teams to test, no official open source testing
+
* '''DaveM''': Looking at Search OutOfMemory issue
 +
* '''Kevin''': Verifying 3.0.2 stuff
 +
* '''Xuan''': Verifying 3.0.2 stuff - planning to fix Junit issue / bugs next week
 +
* '''Martin''': RXTX this week; RSE-build/releng next week, big rock bugs after: {{bug|227750}} IRSEInteractionProvider, {{Bug|239230}} Early startup
 +
* '''Rado''': Cancel-copy, WinCE, {{Bug|196176}} - Deferred drag&drop SWT
  
 
==== Other Stuff ====
 
==== Other Stuff ====
* {{Bug|238574}} Website Revamp? We have a bugzilla "Website" component now
+
* {{Bug|238574}} Website Revamp - image from the Community is good, need some time to revamp the contents - '''AI DaveD''' next week
* '''Target Communication Framework''' - [[DSDP/TM/TCF FAQ]] available and plan theme, shooting for 1.0 under discussion.
+
** Improve homepage at least, use the Community photoshopped screenshot; PDT, Mylyn are nice
* Bugs [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&target_milestone=3.0+M5&target_milestone=3.0+M6&target_milestone=3.0+M7&target_milestone=3.0+RC1&target_milestone=3.0+RC2&target_milestone=3.0+RC3&target_milestone=3.0+RC4&target_milestone=3.0+RC5&target_milestone=3.0&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit still assigned to 3.0] -- Xuan, DaveD!
+
* Abbot pretty much dead -- looking at SWTBot now
+
* Unittests, Findbugs?
+
  
==== Individual Status ====
+
== Vacations ==
* Martin mostly switching to Platform/Core, E4 and EAC and RXTX work. For TM doing bug reviews, releng, and few selected fixes as interesting for WR.
+
* Martin monday Dec 8 (public holiday)
* DaveD - will look at M3 assigned bugs, product work winding down
+
* DaveD, Martin last week of dec and 1st week of Jan
* DaveM - continuing 60% fixes on open RSE
+
* Kevin - catching up on backport reviews, fair amount on open RSE
+
* Xuan - mostly product work but winding down, helping Kevin on reviews, start looking on own bugs
+
* Anna - mostly on generic Terminal / Telnet, but without automatic service creation via adapter (Telnet and SSH only for now)
+
  
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
+
== Action Items ==
* Community contributions
+
** Patrick Juhl - SSH Tunnel - no news. In JSch Session.setPortForwardingL() there seems to be an incompatibility between Eclipse 3.3 and 3.4 (according to JSch mailing list). SSH Tunnel being used by [http://desktop-eclipse.open.collab.net/source/browse/desktop-eclipse/trunk/plugins/com.collabnet.cubit/ Collabnet Cubit]
+
** {{bug|196337}} - TM Local Terminal Connector - waiting on fix for CDT Spawner
+
** Freescale contributions to be reviewed - {{bug|247876}} apply host to project; {{bug|247878}} systemHostCombo with subsystems; {{bug|247879}} project cache for RSE host settings
+
** {{bug|236205}} Generic Display subsystem (as a host for vnc etc)
+
 
+
=== Technology sub-groups ===
+
 
+
== Vacations, Next Meetings ==
+
 
+
* Vacations, away times
+
** DaveD, Martin last week of dec and 1st week of Jan
+
* Questions
+
 
+
=== Action Items ===
+
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Nov-2008]]
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Nov-2008]]
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 19-Nov-2008]]
+
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 26-Nov-2008]]
* '''Martin''' '''old''' review {{bug|196176}} Rado's deferred D&D
+
* '''Everyone''' find/triage "big rock" bugs for 3.1 and increase priority / set target milestone (may decrease priority on others).
* Martin - modify Wiki template for using Skype on monthly calls; contact Rado; remove EFS from project plan
+
* '''Martin''' create API internal bugs; release 3.0.2; review Anna's patch; '''old''' review {{bug|196176}} Rado's deferred D&D; new Builder '''until 3.1M4'''; {{bug|227750}} Display in non-UI write fix '''until 3.1M4'''; Run performance tests for {{bug|236065}} IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs;
* Xuan, DaveD - get rid of 3.0 assigned open bugs
+
* '''Xuan''': '''old''' Look at {{Bug|230917}} Archive Handler Unittests
* DaveM - come up with 3.0.2 release date
+
* '''DaveD''' {{bug|238574}} Website revamp; '''old''' get rid of 3.0 assigned open bugs;
 
+
* '''DaveM''' '''old''' {{bug|199596}} Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;
  
=== Next Meeting ===
+
== Next Meeting ==
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 18-Dec-2008]] (2 weeks after)
+
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Dec-2008]] (2 weeks after)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 7-Jan-2009]] (4 weeks after)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 7-Jan-2009]] (4 weeks after)

Latest revision as of 13:33, 3 December 2008

Meeting Title: Conference Call on Target Management
Date & Time: Wednesday Dec 3, 2008 at 1700 UTC / 9am PST
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype
Interested Parties ping martin.oberhuber on Skype Chat for getting added to the call.

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.


Contents

[edit] Attendees

This meeting is free for everyone to attend. It's a service of the TM developers and committers to community, fostering exchange of upcoming news, status and asking questions. Committers are expected to attend.

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
  • MontaVista - Anna Dushistova


[edit] Agenda

[edit] Last Meetings

[edit] Update on RSE Status

[edit] TM 3.0.2

  • No changes planned this week, 3.0.2 release planned for Dec.5
    • DaveM: maybe 1 more fix pending (slow communication) - memory problem on Search, hopefully fix by today
    • AI Martin to move bits to 3.0 update site and Ganymede tomorrow (thursday) or friday
  • Martin wants to be very restrictive for 3.0.3

[edit] TM 3.1

  • 3.1M3 Assigned Open bugs - AI Everyone reassign target milestone as appropriate
  • Martin would like to identify the "big rocks" for 3.1 -- assign priorities for "investigate" kind of things, target milestone for "committed" things
    • AI Everyone triage bugs / plan items Until next week, wed Dec 10 i.e. push up big rocks in priority
    • Project TM 3.1 plan may help finding issues of interest
    • Get rid of Platform "internal" usage - schedule some time in Dec/Jan - AI Martin file bugs for API mis-use
    • Galileo "Basic Activity Definitions" separate plug-in/feature
  • Severity Major open bugs, High Priority open bugs, DSDP/TM/3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds
  • Many patches on bugzilla, feel free to commit to 3.1 stream... avoid too many patches

[edit] Individual Status

  • Anna: Finished Telnet Terminal Rework, wants patch reviewed -- AI Martin review
  • DaveD: Finishing IBM stuff, triage of 3.1m3 bugs and 3.1 big rocks on friday, want fix backlog
  • DaveM: Looking at Search OutOfMemory issue
  • Kevin: Verifying 3.0.2 stuff
  • Xuan: Verifying 3.0.2 stuff - planning to fix Junit issue / bugs next week
  • Martin: RXTX this week; RSE-build/releng next week, big rock bugs after: bug 227750 IRSEInteractionProvider, bug 239230 Early startup
  • Rado: Cancel-copy, WinCE, bug 196176 - Deferred drag&drop SWT

[edit] Other Stuff

  • bug 238574 Website Revamp - image from the Community is good, need some time to revamp the contents - AI DaveD next week
    • Improve homepage at least, use the Community photoshopped screenshot; PDT, Mylyn are nice

[edit] Vacations

  • Martin monday Dec 8 (public holiday)
  • DaveD, Martin last week of dec and 1st week of Jan

[edit] Action Items

  • Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Nov-2008
  • Last DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 26-Nov-2008
  • Everyone find/triage "big rock" bugs for 3.1 and increase priority / set target milestone (may decrease priority on others).
  • Martin create API internal bugs; release 3.0.2; review Anna's patch; old review bug 196176 Rado's deferred D&D; new Builder until 3.1M4; bug 227750 Display in non-UI write fix until 3.1M4; Run performance tests for bug 236065 IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs;
  • Xuan: old Look at bug 230917 Archive Handler Unittests
  • DaveD bug 238574 Website revamp; old get rid of 3.0 assigned open bugs;
  • DaveM old bug 199596 Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;

[edit] Next Meeting