| Meeting Title:
|| Conference Call on Target Management
| Date & Time:
|| Wednesday Jul 2, 2008 at 1600 UTC / 9am PST
| Primary International Dial-in:
|| +44 (0)1452 567588
| USA Freephone Dial-In:
|| +1 (866) 6161738
| UK National Dial-In:
|| 0587322148 #
This meeting is free for everyone to attend. It's a service of the TM developers and committers to community, fostering exchange of upcoming news, status and asking questions. We specially encourage those people to attend who are actively working on, or have shown interest in TM before:
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Ted Williams, Doug Gaff, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber
- IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir
- LANL / PTP Project - Greg Watson
- QNX - Doug Schaefer
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo
- ARM - Anthony Berent
- TI - Dobrin Alexey
- Motorola - Maureen Brenner, Fabio Fantato, Daniel Franco, Christian Kurzke, Ruth Soliani
- Accelerated Technology - Aaron Spear, Mark Bozeman
- Freescale - Kirk Beitz
- Montavista - Joe Green
- Palm Source - Ewa Matejska
- Uday Kabe
Update on RSE Status
- TM 3.0 Release: New&Noteworthy, Release Notes, Build Process, Bugzilla
- TM 3.0.1 Build Schedule
- Focus on keeping and improving reliability since WR and IBM will pick up 3.0.1 into commercial products
- Continue working in HEAD with care; will likely fork off a maintenance-only branch in August
- bug 172483 Secondary Terminals for TM 3.0.1 ?
- bug 238773 WinCE RAPI enhancement for calling remote methods for 3.0.1 ?
- bug 196176 - Deferred drag&drop from RSE to Windows Explorer is possible but it needs more work and collaboration with the SWT team. We need to find out how to report progress for the background file transfer.
- Bugzilla Target Milestone: use the "3.0.1" milestone for what "will be fixed" or what "can be fixed" in 3.0.1 ?
- Committers please update target milestone of your 3.0 assigned bugs (currently 98)
- Use "Edit Query" to show only yours, then query, then "Change Several Bugs at Once"
TCF and other initiatives Status
- Target Communication Framework - DSDP/TM/TCF FAQ available and approved by EMO. Now working on SVN Repository at Eclipse.org. EclipseCon Tutorial and Short Talk available from TM Homepage
- EPL / EDL dual licensing approved by Eclipse Board for the TCF Agent. Creating new CQ and changing the Copyright / about files now.
- Picked up TM 3.0 and DD-DSF 1.0 so it's compatible with Ganymede now
- bug 238564 has some very good notes about migrating from TM 2.0 to TM 3.0
- Working towards scheduled builds and downloadable artifacts.
- Newsgroup Duty
- The new iplog+ flag: Development Resources/Automatic IP Log, bug 233291, bug 220977
- Automatic IP Log for TM doesn't work yet due to a bug in the generator (won't accept space char in bugzilla project name)
- But we should be prepared to do automatic log, so we should fully comply
- Mark any Patch or other Attachment that's contributed with iplog+ when it is committed into CVS
- Mark the Bug with iplog+ if a contribution comes in as bugzilla comment
- In addition to that, for now, please also mark the bug with the "contributed" keyword (that's the legacy way of doing things) and edit the manual tm-log.csv. I know it's painful but I'd like to continue doing so until the automated log works for us.
TM 3.1 / Future Planning
- Project Plan Status - New XML project plan format available, incubation of plan on the TM Future Planning Wiki
- Bugzilla plan items as well as an "official" project plan will be done
- Wind River: Focus on TCF; RSE bug-fixes and quality; Multi-System/Connection Grouping
- ?? UI/Non-UI splitting; Import/Export of Profiles
- Future of EFS?
Community Feedback and Status
- Community's most wanted
- PHP / PDT people hot on EFS fixes and improvements
- Community contributions
- Patrick Juhl - SSH Tunnel - no news
Action Items to Review
New Action Items