Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 10-Apr-2006"

< DSDP‎ | TM
(Next Meeting)
 
Line 73: Line 73:
  
 
=== Next Meeting ===
 
=== Next Meeting ===
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 8-May-2006]] (4 weeks)
+
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 3-May-2006]] (4 weeks)

Latest revision as of 09:07, 26 April 2006

Meeting Title: Conference Call on Target Management
Date & Time: Monday April 10, 2006 at 9am PST
Primary International Dial-in: +44 (0)1452 567588
USA Freephone Dial-In: +1 (866) 6161738
UK National Dial-In: 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

Attendees

  • Martin Oberhuber - Wind River
  • David Dykstal, Kushal Munir, Dave McKnight, Mike Burger - IBM
  • Doug Schaefer - QNX
  • Aaron Spear, Mentor Graphics

Agenda

  • Breaking News: RSE Accepted by Eclipse IP Review!
  • Update on EclipseCon
    • About 70 people at DSDP-TM long talk; Explicit interest from Siemens (Norbert Ploett), Cisco ("saved him weeks"); a team from Nokia (Ken Ryall?) was very interested in the Datastore stuff, especially the server - wanted to do that in August
    • CDT was pretty hot at EclipseCon too, especially in terms of Embedded; the whole CDT / DSDP / Embedded talks seemed to be very focused on Debugging
    • PTP / Parallel guys were very interested in RSE; they need very high scalability; TM has a different angle; especially data transfer to the frontend machine of the Big Iron; for debugging, they are more interested in the changes that have been done to the Platform for DSDP
    • RSE with ssh plugins to become "committer tool"
    • Want more "marketing" on the Community as soon as first downloadable milestones of RSE are available
  • Update on RSE Submission, IP Review and Project Plan
    • IP Review passed!
    • Milestone M1 to slip by 2 weeks (new date April 21);
    • other milestones to stay unchanged; but might need some modification of milestone content as we proceed
    • MartinO to update the website accordingly, and post a newsgroup item
  • Update on RSE Extensions
    • Daytime example subsystem - completed, will be added to M1
    • ssh example service - remote command view working, need some polishing before release; commands part will be released with M1; files part hopefully too; MartinO to submit as bugzilla
    • ECF filesharing plugin - in work; want technology hooked up, not for M1
    • CDT Remote Launch - Ewa Matejska agreed to work on it, no current status available
  • Technology sub-groups
    • Console View
      • Aaron Spear started discussion; Darin and Debug Group seems to be open to enhancements from DD;
      • Overlap between TM's terminal and a debugger specific terminal is mostly the Terminal Emulation
      • Aaron seeking a framework where even non-text-based (graphical) output can be rendered in a contributed terminal view, based on the data the comes through a console stream
    • TM Sub Groups
      • No activity so far; everybody's busy with getting RSE out
      • MartinO to contact PeterL and EwaM
      • Hope to get more contribution once RSE M1 is out
  • Wind River's Cleanroom Telnet Implementation
    • Doug Gaff wants to package WR's terminal view contributions with the telnet service, might take some more time therefore
    • Work towards getting Jakarta Commons telnet in the meantime; start the EMO process immediatly - DaveD has an FTP implementation against Jakarta Commons ready (for M1, want to use URL-based FTP instead of the current Sun FTP which is unstable)
  • Next steps
    • Get RSE M1 out; prototyping, bugzilla's

Action Items still open from last meetings

  • Symbian:
    • Write up interface description for "Service" as understood by Symbian
  • Pierre-Alexandre:
    • Write up additional use case for STAF

New Action Items

  • MartinO:
    • Update Website, send note on M1 schedule changes
    • Contact PeterL, EwaM
    • Start EMO process for Jakarta Commons
  • RSE Team:
    • Get CVS Repository populated, build in place and RSE M1 out

Next Meeting