Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Oct-2008"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''Conference Call on Target Management''' |- | Date & Time: | Wednesday Oct 1, 2008 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...)
 
 
(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)
Line 19: Line 19:
 
|}
 
|}
  
== Invited Attendees ==
+
== Attendees ==
 
+
This meeting is free for everyone to attend. It's a service of the TM developers and committers to community, fostering exchange of upcoming news, status and asking questions. We specially encourage those people to attend who are actively working on, or have shown interest in TM before:
+
  
 
* Committers:
 
* Committers:
 
** IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
 
** IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
** Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov, Felix Burton
+
** Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
** Private - Javier Montalvo Orus
+
** ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
+
 
** MontaVista - Anna Dushistova  
 
** MontaVista - Anna Dushistova  
 
* Others:
 
** LANL / PTP Project - Greg Watson
 
** ARM - Anthony Berent
 
** TI - Dobrin Alexey
 
** Motorola - Maureen Brenner, Fabio Fantato, Daniel Franco, Christian Kurzke, Ruth Soliani
 
** Accelerated Technology - Aaron Spear, Mark Bozeman
 
** Freescale - Kirk Beitz
 
 
== Actual Attendees ==
 
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
Line 50: Line 36:
 
==== TM 3.1 ====
 
==== TM 3.1 ====
 
* TM Plan rendered [http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=dsdp.tm here], along with a [[DSDP/TM/3.1 Ramp down Plan]]
 
* TM Plan rendered [http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=dsdp.tm here], along with a [[DSDP/TM/3.1 Ramp down Plan]]
** Martin not investing in EFS any more, [[E4]] going different ways for remote resources: remotifying transparently is not always right, clients need to be aware of things being remote -- see [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse-incubator-e4-dev/msg00616.html E4 Mailing List] postings
+
** Board wants themes aligned with [[RequirementsCouncilThemesAndPriorities]], Martin will discuss at PMC but does not want to change current Plan
** DaveM -- using EFS right now, unsure about plans for the future
+
* 3.1M2 build done by martin, will make public after some basic smoke testing
** EFS deadlock problems during early startup currently being discussed, {{Bug|239230}} OK now?
+
* Work ongoing in HEAD, no reviews required
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major] open bugs, [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor High Priority] open bugs, [[DSDP/TM/3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds]]
+
* Need to start bigger initiatives NOW, please check the project plan from time to time
* {{Bug|196176}} - Deferred drag&drop from RSE to Windows Explorer is possible but it needs more work and collaboration with the SWT team. We need to find out how to report progress for the background file transfer.
+
 
+
==== Other Stuff ====
+
* {{Bug|238574}} Website Revamp? We have a bugzilla "Website" component now
+
* '''Target Communication Framework''' - [[DSDP/TM/TCF FAQ]] available and plan theme, shooting for 1.0 under discussion. EDL approved for the Agent. Community interest growing
+
  
 
==== Individual Status ====
 
==== Individual Status ====
Line 65: Line 46:
 
* Xuan, Kevin likely continue working heavily on IBM portion until October at least
 
* Xuan, Kevin likely continue working heavily on IBM portion until October at least
 
* DaveM mostly on OpenRSE (at least 60%)
 
* DaveM mostly on OpenRSE (at least 60%)
* Anna moved away from Open Source, hopes to get back (to Terminal) next month.
 
 
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
 
* Community contributions
 
** Patrick Juhl - SSH Tunnel - no news
 
** {{bug|196337}} - TM Local Terminal Connector
 
 
=== Technology sub-groups ===
 
 
== Vacations, Next Meetings ==
 
 
* Vacations, away times
 
* Questions
 
  
 
=== Action Items to Review ===
 
=== Action Items to Review ===
Line 84: Line 52:
  
 
=== New Action Items ===
 
=== New Action Items ===
* All committers fix target milestone of bugs assigned to 3.0
 
 
* '''Martin''' '''old''' review Rado's deferred D&D
 
* '''Martin''' '''old''' review Rado's deferred D&D
  

Latest revision as of 12:35, 1 October 2008

Meeting Title: Conference Call on Target Management
Date & Time: Wednesday Oct 1, 2008 at 1600 UTC / 9am PST
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Primary International Dial-in: +44 (0)1452 567588
USA Freephone Dial-In: +1 (866) 6161738
UK National Dial-In: 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

Contents

[edit] Attendees

  • Committers:
    • IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
    • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
    • MontaVista - Anna Dushistova

[edit] Agenda

[edit] Last Meetings

[edit] Update on RSE Status

[edit] TM 3.1

  • TM Plan rendered here, along with a DSDP/TM/3.1 Ramp down Plan
  • 3.1M2 build done by martin, will make public after some basic smoke testing
  • Work ongoing in HEAD, no reviews required
  • Need to start bigger initiatives NOW, please check the project plan from time to time

[edit] Individual Status

[edit] Action Items to Review

[edit] New Action Items

  • Martin old review Rado's deferred D&D

[edit] Next Meeting