Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Meetings/7-Oct-2009"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''TM Monthly Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Wednesday Oct 7, 2009 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?m...)
 
 
(3 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 10: Line 10:
 
|}
 
|}
  
Backup dial-in: International '''+44 (0)1452 567588''' / Freephone '''+1 (866) 6161738''' / UK '''08712460713''' / Passcode: '''0587322148 #'''
+
Backup dial-in: Freephone '''+1 (866) 8693090''' / Passcode: '''0587322148 #'''<br/>
 +
Austria '''01 928 7547''' / Russia '''81080029331012''' / Germany '''069222216110'''
  
 
Skype dial-in: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.<br/>
 
Skype dial-in: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.<br/>
Line 16: Line 17:
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
  
<!--
 
 
* Committers:
 
* Committers:
 
** IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
 
** IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
** Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov, Felix Burton
+
** Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
 +
 
 +
<!--
 +
* Committers
 +
**, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov, Felix Burton
 
** ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
 
** ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
 
** MontaVista - Anna Dushistova  
 
** MontaVista - Anna Dushistova  
 
 
* Others:
 
* Others:
 
** LANL / PTP Project - Greg Watson  
 
** LANL / PTP Project - Greg Watson  
Line 39: Line 42:
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/17-Jun-2009 Committer]]
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/17-Jun-2009 Committer]]
 
-->
 
-->
 +
 +
=== Building 3.0.x versus 3.1.x ===
 +
* IBM still needs 3.0.x builds
 +
* CBI: Anna probably have time to address
 +
** For now, do I-builds on 3.2.x , M-builds on 3.0.x , no builds yet for 3.1.x (hope to get resolved through CBI)
 +
** 3.0.x builds likely have to continue till end of year, or probably longer
 +
* 3.2.x builds - nothing in mapfile yet, '''AI Martin''' send out API baseline
  
 
=== Planning TM 3.2 ===
 
=== Planning TM 3.2 ===
Line 44: Line 54:
 
* TCF project provisioning?
 
* TCF project provisioning?
 
* DaveM -- XML file type -- want to be able to specify "XML" in addition to "text" or "binary" -- patch already exists
 
* DaveM -- XML file type -- want to be able to specify "XML" in addition to "text" or "binary" -- patch already exists
 +
** Update: DaveM has a list of things that a product wants for 3.2; -- Dave has a bunch of links
 +
* Xuan -- Maybe import/export support for property sets?
 
* Anna -- focus on TCF
 
* Anna -- focus on TCF
 
* Martin -- focus on TCF
 
* Martin -- focus on TCF
 +
* Timeline - till end of this week
 +
* Target operating env: drop 1.4 support for the RSE client, keep 1.4 support for the dstore server.
 +
* '''AI Martin''' create a first project plan for 3.2
  
 
===Bugzilla status===
 
===Bugzilla status===
Line 55: Line 70:
  
 
=== Status Round Call ===
 
=== Status Round Call ===
 +
* '''DaveD:''' been very busy for product issues, hopes to get to openRSE in 2-3 weeks to fix "profiles" issues. '''AI DaveD''' update 3.1 assigned bugs by next week.
 +
* '''DaveM:''' busy with product stuff, about 2% openRSE though some product related fixes
 +
* '''Xuan:''' same as DaveM
 +
* '''Kevin:''' same as Dave and Xuan
 +
* '''Anna:''' still busy on MV, hope to get something done next few weeks, especially CBI
  
  
Line 89: Line 109:
  
 
=== Questions ===
 
=== Questions ===
 +
* (Xuan) IBM wants to provide P2 repository build for our internal Eclipse projects.  Each team needs to contribute a .build file similar to what is given to eclipse builds for each drop of driver.  Where can I get this .build file from?
 +
** Martin: See [[Helios]], Try
 +
 +
* (DaveM) apache.commons.net no longer in RSE-runtime.zip (but it is in RSE-SDK.zip)
 +
** '''AI Martin''' find or file a bug
 +
  
 
== Vacations ==
 
== Vacations ==
 +
* Anna vacation next week
 +
  
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/2-Sep-2009]]
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/2-Sep-2009]]
 
* '''Everyone''' '''old''' Fix target milestone of (old milestone) assigned bugs.
 
* '''Everyone''' '''old''' Fix target milestone of (old milestone) assigned bugs.
* '''DaveM''': Ping DaveD about involvement / bugs '''old''' {{bug|199596}} Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;
+
* '''DaveM''': Send items for project plan '''old''' {{bug|199596}} Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;
* '''Martin''': 3.1.1 assigned bugs '''old''' {{bug|256581}} SSH performance; review {{bug|196176}} Rado's deferred D&D; {{bug|227750}} IRSEInteractionProvider; {{bug|240991}}, {{Bug|239230}} Early startup; Run performance tests for {{bug|236065}} IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs; RXTX 2.2;  
+
* '''Martin''': Create project plan, commons net packaging, create 3.2 API baseline, start mapfile / 3.2 I-builds; '''old''' 3.1.1 assigned bugs; {{bug|256581}} SSH performance; review {{bug|196176}} Rado's deferred D&D; {{bug|227750}} IRSEInteractionProvider; {{bug|240991}}, {{Bug|239230}} Early startup; Run performance tests for {{bug|236065}} IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs; RXTX 2.2;  
 
* '''Anna''': '''old''' new builder based on CBI tutorial
 
* '''Anna''': '''old''' new builder based on CBI tutorial
* '''Xuan''': '''old''' Look at {{Bug|230917}} Archive Handler Unittests
+
* '''Xuan''': Send items for project plan '''old''' Look at {{Bug|230917}} Archive Handler Unittests
* '''DaveD''': '''old''' Create bug for partial model export; {{bug|238574}} Make new website available and E-mail questions on mailinglist
+
* '''DaveD''': update 3.1 assigned bugs '''old''' Create bug for partial model export; {{bug|238574}} Make new website available and E-mail questions on mailinglist
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/4-Nov-2009]] (4 weeks after) '''DST CHANGE!!!'''
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/4-Nov-2009]] (4 weeks after) '''DST CHANGE!!!'''

Latest revision as of 13:04, 7 October 2009

Meeting Title: TM Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Oct 7, 2009 at 1600 UTC / 12pm Toronto
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype
Interested Parties ping martin.oberhuber on Skype Chat for getting added to the call.

Backup dial-in: Freephone +1 (866) 8693090 / Passcode: 0587322148 #
Austria 01 928 7547 / Russia 81080029331012 / Germany 069222216110

Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.

Contents

[edit] Attendees

  • Committers:
    • IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
    • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber


[edit] Agenda

[edit] Last Meetings

[edit] Building 3.0.x versus 3.1.x

  • IBM still needs 3.0.x builds
  • CBI: Anna probably have time to address
    • For now, do I-builds on 3.2.x , M-builds on 3.0.x , no builds yet for 3.1.x (hope to get resolved through CBI)
    • 3.0.x builds likely have to continue till end of year, or probably longer
  • 3.2.x builds - nothing in mapfile yet, AI Martin send out API baseline

[edit] Planning TM 3.2

  • See also last meeting. Want some big rock features proposed for the project plan.
  • TCF project provisioning?
  • DaveM -- XML file type -- want to be able to specify "XML" in addition to "text" or "binary" -- patch already exists
    • Update: DaveM has a list of things that a product wants for 3.2; -- Dave has a bunch of links
  • Xuan -- Maybe import/export support for property sets?
  • Anna -- focus on TCF
  • Martin -- focus on TCF
  • Timeline - till end of this week
  • Target operating env: drop 1.4 support for the RSE client, keep 1.4 support for the dstore server.
  • AI Martin create a first project plan for 3.2

[edit] Bugzilla status


[edit] Status Round Call

  • DaveD: been very busy for product issues, hopes to get to openRSE in 2-3 weeks to fix "profiles" issues. AI DaveD update 3.1 assigned bugs by next week.
  • DaveM: busy with product stuff, about 2% openRSE though some product related fixes
  • Xuan: same as DaveM
  • Kevin: same as Dave and Xuan
  • Anna: still busy on MV, hope to get something done next few weeks, especially CBI



[edit] Questions

  • (Xuan) IBM wants to provide P2 repository build for our internal Eclipse projects. Each team needs to contribute a .build file similar to what is given to eclipse builds for each drop of driver. Where can I get this .build file from?
  • (DaveM) apache.commons.net no longer in RSE-runtime.zip (but it is in RSE-SDK.zip)
    • AI Martin find or file a bug


[edit] Vacations

  • Anna vacation next week


[edit] Action Items

  • Last DSDP/TM/Meetings/2-Sep-2009
  • Everyone old Fix target milestone of (old milestone) assigned bugs.
  • DaveM: Send items for project plan old bug 199596 Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;
  • Martin: Create project plan, commons net packaging, create 3.2 API baseline, start mapfile / 3.2 I-builds; old 3.1.1 assigned bugs; bug 256581 SSH performance; review bug 196176 Rado's deferred D&D; bug 227750 IRSEInteractionProvider; bug 240991, bug 239230 Early startup; Run performance tests for bug 236065 IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs; RXTX 2.2;
  • Anna: old new builder based on CBI tutorial
  • Xuan: Send items for project plan old Look at bug 230917 Archive Handler Unittests
  • DaveD: update 3.1 assigned bugs old Create bug for partial model export; bug 238574 Make new website available and E-mail questions on mailinglist

[edit] Next Meeting