Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Meetings/7-Jul-2010"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''TM Monthly Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Wednesday Jul 7, 2010 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?m...)
 
 
Line 37: Line 37:
  
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/2-Jun-2010]]
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/2-Jun-2010]]
* Martin: '''3.2 (Helios) release''' - all good?
+
* '''3.2 (Helios) release''' - all good, contratulations :)
* 3.1.1 / Unittest commitment
+
* '''3.2.1 Builds'''
 +
** Hudson builds currently failing - '''AI Anna to disable Wince''' on Hudson such that N-builds run again.
 +
** [[Architecture Council]] to come up with a table of Requirements X Builder, such that Community can choose (Athena, Buckminster, b3, ...) and find relevant docs
 +
** Athena missing items:
 +
*** lock to a certain basebuilder
 +
*** source project cvs refs
 +
*** windows / linux (Wince problem)
 +
** For now, TM will use Hudson / Athena for N-builds / unittests, and use the legacy builder for I-builds / release builds. Will migrate release builds when Athena is ready.
 +
* '''3.2.1 Repository status'''
 +
** Just continue working in HEAD, like in past years until 3.2.1
 +
** Please download and register the [http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/downloads/tm_3.2_api_baseline.zip tm_3.2_api_baseline.zip] such that you get warnings/errors for API changes/additions
 +
*** Download the ZIP and extract somewhere
 +
*** Window > Preferences > Plug-in Development > API Baselines > Add the location and set as default
 +
* Dave D - '''Repository migration (CVS to git)'''
 +
** CVS will be turned off eventually (1 year) - Martin recommends to just wait and stick to CVS as long as possible
 +
** Martin - TCF likely going to move under CDT umbrella (just an administrative change
 +
* Xuan - '''file transfer for SSH''', going to add text mode?
 +
** Martin: no, problem would be finding out what the expected
 +
 
  
<!--
 
 
=== Committer Status ===
 
=== Committer Status ===
* Dave M - no updates
+
* Dave M - couple 3.2.1 bugs, but mostly IBM stuff
* Anna - want to add I-builds and promotions to Athena
+
* Dava D - couple 3.2.1 bugs scheduled, want to get in rather earlier than later
* Xuan - want a p2 driver, where are the update sites?
+
* Anna - working on remote CDT / RSE / DSF
* Martin
+
* Xuan - not much open source, looking into assigned 3.2.1 bugs
** FYI: {{Bug|196176}} Rado's deferred D&D declined by SWT for 3.6 although I pinged them. Java7 going to provide something for deferred DND
+
* Kevin - busy with other stuff
** Please review Community contributions.
+
* Martin - small bugfixes planned for 3.2.1
* Dave D: Fixed one bug for Certificate handling. Bugs/website still interested
+
** PII drops starting already. Absolute deadline is end may.
+
-->
+
  
 
===Bugzilla status===
 
===Bugzilla status===
Line 83: Line 97:
  
 
== Vacations ==
 
== Vacations ==
* Dave D - Maybe some beginning July, short bursts
+
* Dave D - short bursts (1 day here and there)
* Dave M - End July / 1st week August
+
* Dave M - 1 day this Fri / probably 1st week August
 +
* Anna - hoping some time off in August
  
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==

Latest revision as of 12:28, 7 July 2010

Meeting Title: TM Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Jul 7, 2010 at 1620 UTC / 1220pm Toronto
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype
Interested Parties ping martin.oberhuber on Skype Chat for getting added to the call.

Backup dial-in: Freephone +1 (866) 8693090 / Passcode: 0587322148 #
Austria 01 928 7547 / Russia 81080029331012 / Germany 069222216110

Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.

Contents

[edit] Attendees

  • Dave D, Dave M, Xuan, Anna, Martin


[edit] Agenda

  • Last DSDP/TM/Meetings/2-Jun-2010
  • 3.2 (Helios) release - all good, contratulations :)
  • 3.2.1 Builds
    • Hudson builds currently failing - AI Anna to disable Wince on Hudson such that N-builds run again.
    • Architecture Council to come up with a table of Requirements X Builder, such that Community can choose (Athena, Buckminster, b3, ...) and find relevant docs
    • Athena missing items:
      • lock to a certain basebuilder
      • source project cvs refs
      • windows / linux (Wince problem)
    • For now, TM will use Hudson / Athena for N-builds / unittests, and use the legacy builder for I-builds / release builds. Will migrate release builds when Athena is ready.
  • 3.2.1 Repository status
    • Just continue working in HEAD, like in past years until 3.2.1
    • Please download and register the tm_3.2_api_baseline.zip such that you get warnings/errors for API changes/additions
      • Download the ZIP and extract somewhere
      • Window > Preferences > Plug-in Development > API Baselines > Add the location and set as default
  • Dave D - Repository migration (CVS to git)
    • CVS will be turned off eventually (1 year) - Martin recommends to just wait and stick to CVS as long as possible
    • Martin - TCF likely going to move under CDT umbrella (just an administrative change
  • Xuan - file transfer for SSH, going to add text mode?
    • Martin: no, problem would be finding out what the expected


[edit] Committer Status

  • Dave M - couple 3.2.1 bugs, but mostly IBM stuff
  • Dava D - couple 3.2.1 bugs scheduled, want to get in rather earlier than later
  • Anna - working on remote CDT / RSE / DSF
  • Xuan - not much open source, looking into assigned 3.2.1 bugs
  • Kevin - busy with other stuff
  • Martin - small bugfixes planned for 3.2.1

[edit] Bugzilla status



[edit] Vacations

  • Dave D - short bursts (1 day here and there)
  • Dave M - 1 day this Fri / probably 1st week August
  • Anna - hoping some time off in August

[edit] Action Items

  • Last DSDP/TM/Meetings/2-Jun-2010
  • Everyone old Fix target milestone of (old milestone) assigned bugs.
  • DaveM: old bug 199596 Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;
  • Martin: Create project plan, old 3.1.1 assigned bugs; bug 256581 SSH performance; bug 240991, bug 239230 Early startup
  • Anna: old new builder based on CBI tutorial
  • Xuan: old Look at bug 230917 Archive Handler Unittests
  • DaveD: old Create bug for partial model export; bug 238574 Make new website available and E-mail questions on mailinglist

[edit] Next Meeting