Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Meetings/2-Sep-2009"

< DSDP‎ | TM‎ | Meetings
 
Line 16: Line 16:
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
  
<!--
 
 
* Committers:
 
* Committers:
** IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
+
** IBM - Kevin Doyle, Dave McKnight
** Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov, Felix Burton
+
** Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
** ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
+
 
** MontaVista - Anna Dushistova  
 
** MontaVista - Anna Dushistova  
 
* Others:
 
** LANL / PTP Project - Greg Watson
 
** ARM - Anthony Berent
 
** TI - Dobrin Alexey
 
** Motorola - Maureen Brenner, Fabio Fantato, Daniel Franco, Christian Kurzke, Ruth Soliani
 
** Accelerated Technology - Aaron Spear, Mark Bozeman
 
** Freescale - Kirk Beitz
 
-->
 
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
Line 63: Line 52:
 
* Anna -- some progress on CBI, but still lots of work
 
* Anna -- some progress on CBI, but still lots of work
 
* Martin -- mostly busy with WR stuff, but will look at assigned hi-pri bugs for 3.1.1
 
* Martin -- mostly busy with WR stuff, but will look at assigned hi-pri bugs for 3.1.1
 
 
<!--
 
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
 
* Community contributions
 
** Patrick Juhl - SSH Tunnel - no news. In JSch Session.setPortForwardingL() there seems to be an incompatibility between Eclipse 3.3 and 3.4 (according to JSch mailing list). SSH Tunnel being used by [http://desktop-eclipse.open.collab.net/source/browse/desktop-eclipse/trunk/plugins/com.collabnet.cubit/ Collabnet Cubit]
 
** {{bug|196337}} - TM Local Terminal Connector - waiting on fix for CDT Spawner
 
** Freescale contributions to be reviewed - {{bug|247876}} apply host to project; {{bug|247878}} systemHostCombo with subsystems; {{bug|247879}} project cache for RSE host settings
 
** {{bug|236205}} Generic Display subsystem (as a host for vnc etc)
 
-->
 
 
<!--
 
=== Cleanup Work ===
 
* Unittests, unittests, unittests! -- ideally write an accompanying unittest for every bugfix
 
** {{Bug|230917}} [regression] Some DStore Archive Testcases fail -- '''AI Xuan''' look at
 
* '''Avoid code changes now; Look at docs and test, test, test'''
 
* Migration Notes (for 2.0 / for 1.0?)
 
* Review and improve Userdocs; we have several open bugs here
 
* Review and improve Javadocs; lots still missing, unclear, duplicated
 
* Fix broken hyperlinks in the docs:Xenu's LinkSleuth, fix HTML/XML errors (which can make the indexer not work)
 
* Run Findbugs -- Update site on http://findbugs.cs.umd.edu/eclipse, Quickdocs by Rado in [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dsdp-tm-dev/msg01869.html tm-dev E-Mail]
 
** Question about filtering false positives posted on fb-discuss [https://mailman.cs.umd.edu/pipermail/findbugs-discuss/2008-May/002374.html link]
 
-->
 
 
<!--
 
** Abbot pretty much dead -- looking at SWTBot now
 
** Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
 
** Current situation is on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/report.cgi?x_axis_field=&y_axis_field=assigned_to&z_axis_field=&query_format=report-table&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&chfieldfrom=2007-09-17&chfieldto=Now&chfield=bug_status&chfieldvalue=RESOLVED&format=table&action=wrap&negate0=1&field0-0-0=resolution&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=DUPLICATE this bugzilla report]
 
* Get rid of compiler warnings wherever possible
 
* Stuff for 3.1
 
** API Tooling Javadocs(@noextend and friends) - cannot limit existing API more than it was before, unless it was textually documented already, but can deprecate stuff, even in 3.0.1.
 
-->
 
  
 
=== Questions ===
 
=== Questions ===

Latest revision as of 11:21, 2 September 2009

Meeting Title: TM Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Sep 2, 2009 at 1600 UTC / 12pm Toronto
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype
Interested Parties ping martin.oberhuber on Skype Chat for getting added to the call.

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.

Attendees

  • Committers:
    • IBM - Kevin Doyle, Dave McKnight
    • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
    • MontaVista - Anna Dushistova

Agenda

Last Meetings

Planning TM 3.2

  • See also last meeting. Want some big rock features proposed for the project plan.
  • TCF project provisioning?
  • DaveM -- XML file type -- want to be able to specify "XML" in addition to "text" or "binary" -- patch already exists
  • Anna -- focus on TCF
  • Martin -- focus on TCF

TM 3.1.1 status

  • No pressing bugs for 3.1.1, OK to branch for DaveM, Anna, Kevin
  • Severity HIGH bugs
    • bug 287946 - DaveM - should be checked in, waiting for feedback
    • bug 279837 - DaveM - RemoteCommandShellOutput can miss output: deferring to 3.2
    • bug 226786 - DaveM - deferring to 3.2
    • Martin assigned bugs

Status Round Call

  • DaveM -- 80% IBM stuff, little time for open RSE
  • Kevin -- Mostly IBM, no open RSE
  • Anna -- some progress on CBI, but still lots of work
  • Martin -- mostly busy with WR stuff, but will look at assigned hi-pri bugs for 3.1.1

Questions

Vacations

Action Items

  • Last DSDP/TM/Meetings/5-Aug-2009
  • Everyone old Fix target milestone of (old milestone) assigned bugs.
  • DaveM: Ping DaveD about involvement / bugs old bug 199596 Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;
  • Martin: 3.1.1 assigned bugs old bug 256581 SSH performance; review bug 196176 Rado's deferred D&D; bug 227750 IRSEInteractionProvider; bug 240991, bug 239230 Early startup; Run performance tests for bug 236065 IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs; RXTX 2.2;
  • Anna: old new builder based on CBI tutorial
  • Xuan: old Look at bug 230917 Archive Handler Unittests
  • DaveD: old Create bug for partial model export; bug 238574 Make new website available and E-mail questions on mailinglist

Next Meeting

Back to the top