Jump to: navigation, search

DSDP/TM/Meetings/2-Jun-2010

< DSDP‎ | TM‎ | Meetings
Revision as of 12:37, 2 June 2010 by Martin.oberhuber.windriver.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Meeting Title: TM Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Jun 2, 2010 at 1620 UTC / 1220pm Toronto
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype
Interested Parties ping martin.oberhuber on Skype Chat for getting added to the call.

Backup dial-in: Freephone +1 (866) 8693090 / Passcode: 0587322148 #
Austria 01 928 7547 / Russia 81080029331012 / Germany 069222216110

Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.

Attendees

  • Dave D, Dave M, Xuan, Anna, Martin


Agenda

  • Last DSDP/TM/Meetings/5-May-2010
  • Martin: 3.2 (Helios) release - we are pretty much done. New & Noteworthy will be on the Wiki this year.
    • Athena / CBI will not be used due to issues. Glad we have legacy builder. Local Terminal might not go to Helios coordinated Repo (only TM).
    • Dave M: bug 315333 dstore certificate chaining: should be OK for RC4 with Dave M + Martin as reviewers. Observe the DSDP/TM/3.2 Ramp down Plan.
    • Dave D: Next meeting Jul - should we open a branch for 3.2.1 right away?
      • Branch in the Repo is sufficient, don't need a Build.
      • Exchange E-Mail when it's known that branch exist.
      • Temporary branch now, merge to main after 3.2 is out, work in main over the summer.
  • Plans for next year
    • Wind River - no plans for RSE, little improvements to Terminal, TCF separate project. Shooting for TM 3.3 makes sense.
    • Mentor - similar to WR.
    • IBM - no statement.
  • 3.2.1 / Unittest commitment
    • WR interested in top stable 3.2.1 -- would like commitment to actually fix unittest issues.
    • Helios (3.2) is green on 115 tests now. Enabling tests for additional connection types (SSH, FTP, DStore) shows lots of bugs though.
    • Can we get committment to fixing these? Or are we plainly focused on user-reported errors?
    • Dave D: I think an investment in making the current unit tests run in connected environments is a good idea.
    • All agree.
  • 3.2 Endgame
    • Martin may be out of office. Dave D to handle escalations, just in case.
    • Martin to prepare everything build-wise and let committers know how to "flip the switch" to make things visible.
    • Martin should be reachable (with delays).


Bugzilla status



Vacations

  • Martin - Maybe out of office in June
  • Dave D - Maybe some beginning July, short bursts
  • Dave M - End July / 1st week August
  • Anna - Last week June

Action Items

  • Last DSDP/TM/Meetings/5-May-2010
  • Everyone old Fix target milestone of (old milestone) assigned bugs.
  • DaveM: old bug 199596 Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;
  • Martin: Create project plan, old 3.1.1 assigned bugs; bug 256581 SSH performance; bug 240991, bug 239230 Early startup
  • Anna: old new builder based on CBI tutorial
  • Xuan: old Look at bug 230917 Archive Handler Unittests
  • DaveD: old Create bug for partial model export; bug 238574 Make new website available and E-mail questions on mailinglist

Next Meeting