Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Meetings/1-Apr-2009"

< DSDP‎ | TM‎ | Meetings
Line 4: Line 4:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Date & Time:  
 
| Date & Time:  
| Wednesday [[Apr 1, 2009]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=4&day=1&year=2009&hour=17&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 1700 UTC / 12pm Toronto]<br>[[Image:Html.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=vn70im36r00qeusu8nme50cils@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Canada/Toronto HTML] | [[Image:Ical.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/vn70im36r00qeusu8nme50cils@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics iCal]
+
| Wednesday [[Apr 1, 2009]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=4&day=1&year=2009&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 1600 UTC / 12pm Toronto]<br>[[Image:Html.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=vn70im36r00qeusu8nme50cils@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Canada/Toronto HTML] | [[Image:Ical.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/vn70im36r00qeusu8nme50cils@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics iCal]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Dial-in:
 
| Dial-in:
Line 17: Line 17:
 
This meeting is free for everyone to attend. It's a service of the TM developers and committers to community, fostering exchange of upcoming news, status and asking questions. Committers are expected to attend.
 
This meeting is free for everyone to attend. It's a service of the TM developers and committers to community, fostering exchange of upcoming news, status and asking questions. Committers are expected to attend.
  
 +
* Committers: Martin, DaveD, DaveM, Xuan, Kevin
  
 
<!--
 
<!--
Line 40: Line 41:
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/4-Mar-2009]]
 
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/4-Mar-2009]]
  
=== EclipseCon ===
+
=== Status round call ===
 +
* DaveD - still working on Website / [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse.org-committers/msg00725.html Nova topic], going to get up today, need to prioritize backlog
 +
* DaveM - prioritized some backlog.
 +
** {{bug|270618}} Terminal Accessibility
 +
*** Martin: please list the requirements first.
 +
*** Ideas: Press and release ALT; add a View setting or Preference;
 +
** SOC Synchronize contribution is in org.eclipse.rse.importexport. See the Wiki / Bug for details.
 +
* Xuan - Terminal user docs, need translation?
 +
** Today, docs only in terminal.view plus one help context in tm.terminal
 +
* Kevin - There was a question about setting colors
 +
* Martin - Doing other stuff at the moment, will do {{bug|256581}} SSH performance improvements if anything
 +
** No news from EclipseCon. Some TCF work going on.
  
=== Update on RSE Status ===
+
===TM 3.1 status===
 
+
* 3.1M7 on Tue 5-May-2009 is UI FREEZE! Focus on '''Performance this milestone'''.
====TM 3.1 status====
+
* Anna did CBI tutorial at Eclipsecon, working on getting TM / RSE releng builds local on her machine, will contribute new CBI build once successful
* 3.1M7 on Tue 5-May-2009 is UI FREEZE!
+
** RemoteCDT move: {{bug|263178}} will happen over next week, in contact with Doug Schaefer
** RemoteCDT move: {{bug|263178}}
+
 
** Flexibility for import/export parts of the model (e.g. User actions)? Preemptively do the UI stuff? - '''AI DaveD create bug''', defer decision for now
 
** Flexibility for import/export parts of the model (e.g. User actions)? Preemptively do the UI stuff? - '''AI DaveD create bug''', defer decision for now
 
* Rado {{Bug|196176}} - Deferred drag&drop SWT
 
* Rado {{Bug|196176}} - Deferred drag&drop SWT
* '''Martin''' - who's going to fix the SOC Synchronize contribution?
+
* {{bug|196337}} - TM Local Terminal Connector - waiting on fix for CDT Spawner
* '''DaveD''' - Website: some work done, where to place some items? - AI Dave to post current results and ask on Mailing list
+
* '''Martin''' - {{bug|254129}} Capabilities - [[Image:Ok_green.gif]] Martin E-Mail cross-project
+
** {{bug|196337}} - TM Local Terminal Connector - waiting on fix for CDT Spawner
+
  
 
* '''Big Rocks''' see [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Dec-2008]]
 
* '''Big Rocks''' see [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Dec-2008]]
Line 60: Line 68:
 
* Many patches on bugzilla, feel free to commit to 3.1 stream... avoid too many patches
 
* Many patches on bugzilla, feel free to commit to 3.1 stream... avoid too many patches
 
** Community contributions: 42 [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=attachments.ispatch&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=1 Open bugs with patches] right now, should apply before patches get outdated (see also the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/bug_process.php Bug Process Page] for a query)
 
** Community contributions: 42 [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=attachments.ispatch&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=1 Open bugs with patches] right now, should apply before patches get outdated (see also the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/bug_process.php Bug Process Page] for a query)
 
<!--
 
 
==== Individual Status ====
 
* '''Anna''': RemoteCDT new API
 
* '''DaveM''':
 
* '''DaveD''': noextend, website Webpage update: should do along with trying the new [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse.org-committers/msg00725.html Nova topic], focus on the homepage for now
 
* '''Kevin''':
 
* '''Xuan''':
 
* '''Michael''':
 
* '''Martin''': RXTX 2.2; RSE-build: CBI tutorial: Anna?, big rock bugs after: {{bug|227750}} IRSEInteractionProvider, {{Bug|239230}} Early startup
 
* '''Rado''': WinCE, {{Bug|196176}} - Deferred drag&drop SWT
 
 
 
==== Other Stuff ====
 
 
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
 
* Community contributions
 
** Patrick Juhl - SSH Tunnel - no news. In JSch Session.setPortForwardingL() there seems to be an incompatibility between Eclipse 3.3 and 3.4 (according to JSch mailing list). SSH Tunnel being used by [http://desktop-eclipse.open.collab.net/source/browse/desktop-eclipse/trunk/plugins/com.collabnet.cubit/ Collabnet Cubit]
 
** {{bug|196337}} - TM Local Terminal Connector - waiting on fix for CDT Spawner
 
** Freescale contributions to be reviewed - {{bug|247876}} apply host to project; {{bug|247878}} systemHostCombo with subsystems; {{bug|247879}} project cache for RSE host settings
 
** {{bug|236205}} Generic Display subsystem (as a host for vnc etc)
 
-->
 
 
 
<!--
 
=== Technology sub-groups ===
 
 
=== '''Old Stuff''' ===
 
* {{Bug|240991}} Startup creates Display on Worker Thread
 
** Workarounds seem to be good for now. Martin would prefer experimenting with IRSEInteractionProvider in HEAD
 
 
* Unittests
 
** {{Bug|230917}} [regression] Some DStore Archive Testcases fail -- '''AI Xuan''' look at
 
** Abbot pretty much dead -- looking at SWTBot now
 
 
* Findbugs and other cleanup
 
** Broken Links in Docs: Xenu's LinkSleuth
 
 
* '''Quality, Backlog and Unit Tests'''
 
** Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
 
** Current situation is on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/report.cgi?x_axis_field=&y_axis_field=assigned_to&z_axis_field=&query_format=report-table&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&chfieldfrom=2007-09-17&chfieldto=Now&chfield=bug_status&chfieldvalue=RESOLVED&format=table&action=wrap&negate0=1&field0-0-0=resolution&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=DUPLICATE this bugzilla report]
 
 
==== Cleanup Work ====
 
* Unittests, unittests, unittests! -- ideally write an accompanying unittest for every bugfix
 
* Migration Notes (for 2.0 / for 1.0?)
 
* Review and improve Userdocs; we have several open bugs here
 
* Review and improve Javadocs; lots still missing, unclear, duplicated
 
* Fix broken hyperlinks in the docs, fix HTML/XML errors (which can make the indexer not work)
 
* Get rid of compiler warnings wherever possible
 
* Run Findbugs -- Update site on http://findbugs.cs.umd.edu/eclipse, Quickdocs by Rado in [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dsdp-tm-dev/msg01869.html tm-dev E-Mail]
 
** Question about filtering false positives posted on fb-discuss [https://mailman.cs.umd.edu/pipermail/findbugs-discuss/2008-May/002374.html link]
 
* Stuff for 3.1
 
** API Tooling Javadocs(@noextend and friends) - cannot limit existing API more than it was before, unless it was textually documented already, but can deprecate stuff, even in 3.0.1.
 
 
=== Questions ===
 
 
-->
 
  
 
== Vacations ==
 
== Vacations ==
 
* DaveD busy in June, won't be able to handle builds in June; find somebody or have everything ready early
 
* DaveD busy in June, won't be able to handle builds in June; find somebody or have everything ready early
 
* Anna travelling Apr 1
 
* Anna travelling Apr 1
 +
* DaveM away next wed Apr 8
 +
* Martin away Apr 6 till Apr 13
  
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/18-Mar-2009]]
+
* Last [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/18-Mar-2009 Committer]]
 
* '''Everyone''' Fix target milestone of 3.1m6 assigned bugs.
 
* '''Everyone''' Fix target milestone of 3.1m6 assigned bugs.
* '''Martin''' '''old''' review {{bug|196176}} Rado's deferred D&D; new Builder; {{bug|227750}} Display in non-UI write fix; Run performance tests for {{bug|236065}} IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs;
+
* '''Martin''' {{bug|256581}} SSH performance; '''old''' review {{bug|196176}} Rado's deferred D&D; {{bug|227750}} IRSEInteractionProvider; {{bug|240991}}, {{Bug|239230}} Early startup; Run performance tests for {{bug|236065}} IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs; RXTX 2.2;  
* '''Anna''': Remotecdt; CBI tutorial
+
* '''Anna''': Remotecdt; new builder based on CBI tutorial
 
* '''Xuan''': '''old''' Look at {{Bug|230917}} Archive Handler Unittests
 
* '''Xuan''': '''old''' Look at {{Bug|230917}} Archive Handler Unittests
* '''DaveD''': Create bug for partial model export; {{bug|238574}} Make new website available and E-mail questions on mailinglist
+
* '''DaveD''': '''old''' Create bug for partial model export; {{bug|238574}} Make new website available and E-mail questions on mailinglist
* '''DaveM''': test {{bug|261478}} SSH services change; '''old''' {{bug|199596}} Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;  
+
* '''DaveM''': '''old''' {{bug|199596}} Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;  
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/15-Apr-2009 Committer]] (2 weeks after)
 
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/15-Apr-2009 Committer]] (2 weeks after)
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/29-Apr-2009]] (4 weeks after)
+
* Next [[DSDP/TM/Meetings/6-May-2009]] (5 weeks after)

Revision as of 11:37, 1 April 2009

Meeting Title: TM Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Apr 1, 2009 at 1600 UTC / 12pm Toronto
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype
Interested Parties ping martin.oberhuber on Skype Chat for getting added to the call.

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.

Attendees

This meeting is free for everyone to attend. It's a service of the TM developers and committers to community, fostering exchange of upcoming news, status and asking questions. Committers are expected to attend.

  • Committers: Martin, DaveD, DaveM, Xuan, Kevin


Agenda

Last Meetings

Status round call

  • DaveD - still working on Website / Nova topic, going to get up today, need to prioritize backlog
  • DaveM - prioritized some backlog.
    • bug 270618 Terminal Accessibility
      • Martin: please list the requirements first.
      • Ideas: Press and release ALT; add a View setting or Preference;
    • SOC Synchronize contribution is in org.eclipse.rse.importexport. See the Wiki / Bug for details.
  • Xuan - Terminal user docs, need translation?
    • Today, docs only in terminal.view plus one help context in tm.terminal
  • Kevin - There was a question about setting colors
  • Martin - Doing other stuff at the moment, will do bug 256581 SSH performance improvements if anything
    • No news from EclipseCon. Some TCF work going on.

TM 3.1 status

  • 3.1M7 on Tue 5-May-2009 is UI FREEZE! Focus on Performance this milestone.
  • Anna did CBI tutorial at Eclipsecon, working on getting TM / RSE releng builds local on her machine, will contribute new CBI build once successful
    • RemoteCDT move: bug 263178 will happen over next week, in contact with Doug Schaefer
    • Flexibility for import/export parts of the model (e.g. User actions)? Preemptively do the UI stuff? - AI DaveD create bug, defer decision for now
  • Rado bug 196176 - Deferred drag&drop SWT
  • bug 196337 - TM Local Terminal Connector - waiting on fix for CDT Spawner

Vacations

  • DaveD busy in June, won't be able to handle builds in June; find somebody or have everything ready early
  • Anna travelling Apr 1
  • DaveM away next wed Apr 8
  • Martin away Apr 6 till Apr 13

Action Items

  • Last DSDP/TM/Meetings/18-Mar-2009 Committer
  • Everyone Fix target milestone of 3.1m6 assigned bugs.
  • Martin bug 256581 SSH performance; old review bug 196176 Rado's deferred D&D; bug 227750 IRSEInteractionProvider; bug 240991, bug 239230 Early startup; Run performance tests for bug 236065 IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs; RXTX 2.2;
  • Anna: Remotecdt; new builder based on CBI tutorial
  • Xuan: old Look at bug 230917 Archive Handler Unittests
  • DaveD: old Create bug for partial model export; bug 238574 Make new website available and E-mail questions on mailinglist
  • DaveM: old bug 199596 Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;

Next Meeting

Back to the top