Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 9-Apr-2008"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''TM Committer Phone Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Wednesday Apr 9, 2008 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingd...)
 
m (Next Meeting)
 
(2 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 16: Line 16:
 
Skype dial-in: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.<br/>
 
Skype dial-in: '''martin.oberhuber''', ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.<br/>
  
== Invited Attendees ==
+
== Attendees ==
 
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian, Kevin Doyle
 
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian, Kevin Doyle
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber, Eugene Tarassov
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, (Uwe Stieber n/a), (Eugene Tarassov n/a)
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
+
* Symbian - (Javier Montalvo Orus could not connect)
  
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
  
== Agenda ==
+
== Notes ==
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 26-Mar-2008]]
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 26-Mar-2008]]
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 +
** Dropouts for Xuan today, rest was good; Javier failed to join
  
 
=== '''Current Focus''' ===
 
=== '''Current Focus''' ===
* NLS Fixes - few still missing, see [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dsdp-tm-dev/msg01723.html mailing list] - '''must have for M6''' - '''AI Javier, DaveM'''
 
 
* '''Unit Tests''' - next priority after API
 
* '''Unit Tests''' - next priority after API
 
* Will migrate to new Releng after M6 (adopt P2, nightly tests, signing etc... too risky for now, focus on API)
 
* Will migrate to new Releng after M6 (adopt P2, nightly tests, signing etc... too risky for now, focus on API)
* Adopting [[Api Tooling]]: Martin tried it out for some plugins - renaming (CANCELLED->CANCELED) is not very well reflected - martin filed {{Bug|222905}} - but we might want to rev down org.eclipse.rse.services from 3.0.0 back to 2.1.0
+
* Adopting [[Api Tooling]]: all API Leaks done except one, see below
  
* Hi-pri-bugs; community contributions; apply patches
+
* '''API changes to vote on:'''
** {{Bug|210682}} Rupen's multi-file copy/move/overwrite dialog '''AI Rupen''' merge again, '''AI DaveM''' apply patch soon
+
** {{Bug|218685}} - SSH timeout - '''AI DaveM''' to contact the reporter
** {{Bug|214887}} WinCE Subsystem - pending EMO Review
+
** {{Bug|220547}} - SystemMessage - '''AI DaveM''' Document namespaces for SystemMessageID
** {{Bug|170910}} RSE Terminal Integration - Montavista Contribution pending this friday for API change to allow Streams API for IHostShell
+
** {{Bug|221138}} - Get rid of SystemSelectRemoteFileOrFolderDialog and friends - '''AI Xuan''' move to "internal" package
*** Michael: we should probably help them making their Job easier by providing API for programmatic terminal connection
+
** {{Bug|216252}} - Revert Cancelled to Canceled - '''AI Martin''' decide and implement, either decision good for all
** See the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/bug_process.php Bug Process Page] for a query for open bugs with patches attached
+
** {{Bug|225506}} - API Leakage in RSEUIPlugin - '''AI Martin''' create bug for restoring behavior and move the method
 +
** {{Bug|190231}} - Subsystem to non-UI - '''AI Martin''' create patch, others to review soon
 +
** {{Bug|170910}} - Terminal APIs - '''AI Martin''' create patch, others to review soon
 +
** {{Bug|196942}} - final methods in ISubSystemConfiguration - '''AI Martin''' Defer
 +
** {{Bug|226262}} - IService IAdaptable - '''AI Martin''' attach patch, others give +1 on the bug
 +
** {{Bug|226301}} - IShellService methods should throw SystemMessageException - '''AI Martin''' attach patch, others give +1 on the bug
  
 
=== '''Bug Discussions''' ===
 
=== '''Bug Discussions''' ===
* {{bug|190231}} subsystem UI -> Core: '''AI Martin''' to ask Dave if questions - idea is an IAdaptable to adapt the Wizard Pages into something consumable in non-UI for configuring subsystems, e.g. Property Sets
+
* {{Bug|214887}} WinCE Subsystem - integrated
* {{Bug|220892}} reving down dstore protocol version - will keep as-is at DataStore.8.0.0 for now, doing protocol handshake after Ganymede. '''AI DaveM''' create a new bug for the protocol handshake assign to Future
+
** Waiting for Code Contribution from another team - '''AI DaveM''' make them contribute real soon
+
** Martin: Will not accept any new feature into M6 after this Friday. After M6, API changes are subject to discussion, nobody has a right to change API so in the worst case they may have missed the train and need to fork off their private branch of RSE / DStore.
+
* {{Bug|221211}} MultiStatus for IFileService batch operations - exception on first failure for modifying operations. No exceptions/multistatus on non-modifying operations. '''AI DaveD/DaveM''' update Javadocs when it's clear what we want
+
* {{Bug|220379}} Make DStoreFileService API - encodingHandler - wait on reporter - '''AI DaveM''' ask reporters
+
* {{Bug|220547}} SimpleSystemMessage message ID - globally unique message id vs. plugin-local status - Dialog Title: MessageID if globally unique / generic title based on severity if plugin-local - '''AI DaveM''' think about
+
 
+
 
* '''Bugzilla''':  
 
* '''Bugzilla''':  
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
 
** [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor hi-priority]
 
* '''Quality, Backlog and Unit Tests'''
 
** Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
 
** Since our [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]] it's now 29 weeks / 5 milestones, so each committer is due 58 fixes / 10 unittests
 
** Current situation is on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/report.cgi?x_axis_field=&y_axis_field=assigned_to&z_axis_field=&query_format=report-table&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&chfieldfrom=2007-09-17&chfieldto=Now&chfield=bug_status&chfieldvalue=RESOLVED&format=table&action=wrap&negate0=1&field0-0-0=resolution&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=DUPLICATE this bugzilla report]
 
** Unittests: when adding a test, please add the tag '''//-test-author:YourName''' in front of it
 
*** DaveM - 5
 
*** DaveD - 22
 
*** KevinD - 11
 
*** MartinO - 3
 
*** TobiasS - 3
 
*** UweS - 7
 
*** XuanC - 51
 
*** '''Total - 101'''
 
*** Javier - 0
 
  
 
=== Committer Status and Report ===
 
=== Committer Status and Report ===
 
* '''Javier''' - {{Bug|212382}} ftpListingParser initCommands
 
* '''Javier''' - {{Bug|212382}} ftpListingParser initCommands
** Martin updating Commons Net to 1.5.0
+
* '''DaveM'''
* '''DaveD'''
+
** JUnit should autotest dstore against old servers as well - an IBM thing
** {{bug|217894}} Subsystem Configuration Families - not for M6 - '''AI All''' comment on the bug
+
** When will we create 3.0.x service packs? - can do at any time; by default will use Ganymede train, mid september
** {{bug|189274}} Import/export connections internal but TBD for M6
+
** Artemis EMF IBM discussion
* '''DaveM:''' -  
+
* '''MartinO'''
** {{bug|222404}} Associate property sets with RSE objects and keep those associated in the event of a rename or move - an interesting feature in exchange for events - DaveD: Looks interesting but need to look at closely; Martin - should do Events suggestion for now; maybe could use an adapter factory for data payload, but need more investigation
+
** GSoC student Takuya Miyamoto for {{Bug|185925}}
** EFS and encodings - No response from platform - off our radar for now
+
* '''Xuan'''
* '''Kevin:''' -
+
** Only one IPZilla 3rd party code addition (WindowsCE) - Martin: its an optional download, marked as Incubation
* '''Xuan:''' - Will only have time for PropertyFileAdapter stuff: Property adapters for User actions -- will need some NLS changes
+
** Commons Net 1.5 -- release expected real soon, Martin going to try and bring into 3.0 if accepted by EMO legal
** Compile Commands Problem: Key in property sets is case insensitive in hashmap
+
** IPZilla: Getting only notifications for WinCE - Martin: Commons Net 1.5 not yet filed, JSch-0.1.37 is approved and in Platform M6
+
* '''Martin:''' - {{bug|215301}} New project plan format -- Need to put Project Plan on the Web; '''AI Martin''' written ramp-down plan; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
+
** Searchcvs, Relnotes done; Little more work needed on web-build and promote.sh
+
** JSch-0.1.37 done in Platform M6, Commons.Net 1.5.0 not yet released - '''AI Martin''' create placeholder CQ
+
** Next tasks - Move SubsystemConfiguration implementation into non-UI; Lazy loading of SubsystemConfiguration (use the Proxy more); Lazy loading of UI adapters; some exceptions observed by Uwe (Wind River) in our nightly wheels
+
** {{Bug|221190}} EFS getChild() with relative path - perhaps need to check whether our impl still works properly
+
* '''Uwe:''' -
+
* '''Rupen:''' - Merging multi-copy & rename
+
* '''Michael:''' -
+
* '''Questions'''
+
  
 
=== Future and Planning ===
 
=== Future and Planning ===
Line 97: Line 69:
 
** '''AI Kevin''' follow up on his website proposals
 
** '''AI Kevin''' follow up on his website proposals
  
 
+
== Vacation, away ==  
== Vacation, Away ==
+
* DaveM vacation June 16 - 20
 
+
* DaveD in July -- '''AI Martin''' finish and test the new Build scripts on dsdp.eclipse.org till then
* Martin in SFO Apr 14-18 for ESC and PluginFest
+
* MartinO vacation June 11 - 22
* DaveD probably taking some time off
+
  
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 26-Mar-2008#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 26-Mar-2008#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
* '''Everyone''': Review {{bug|217894}} subsystem configuration families
+
* '''Everyone''': Review API patches as announced on mailing list, vote +1 on the bug
* '''Rupen''': Merge {{bug|210682}} multi-copy patch
+
* '''Rupen''':  
 
* '''DaveD''': Finish profile import/export; Update {{bug|221211}} IFileService multi-commands Javadoc
 
* '''DaveD''': Finish profile import/export; Update {{bug|221211}} IFileService multi-commands Javadoc
* '''DaveM''': NLS fixes in dstore.security; contact IBM teams for {{bug|220892}} new dstore features, and {{bug|220379}} DStoreFileService API; apply Rupen's patch; think about {{bug|216252}} SystemMessages global vs. local message ID; create a new "Future" bug for dstore protocol handshake, cloned from {{bug|220892}}
+
* '''DaveM''': contact IBM teams for {{bug|218685}} SSH timeout, {{bug|220379}} DStoreFileService API; add Javadoc on Thursday for {{bug|216252}} SystemMessages message ID; create a new "Future" bug for dstore protocol handshake, cloned from {{bug|220892}}
* '''Xuan''': Use Kevin's Properties for Unit Tests
+
* '''Xuan''': {{bug|221138}} move SystemSelectRemoteFileOrFolderDialog and related to internal; Use Kevin's Properties for Unit Tests
 
* '''Kevin''': Website Updates
 
* '''Kevin''': Website Updates
* '''Martin''': New Project Plan; Ganymede Rampdown Plan; Commons Net Placeholder CQ; UI/Non-UI Splitting; finish new releng; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests
+
* '''Martin''': Add API patches; New Project Plan; Ganymede Rampdown Plan; Commons Net Placeholder CQ; UI/Non-UI Splitting; finish new releng; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests
* '''Javier''': NLS fixes in discovery and FTP; {{bug|212382}} ftp initCommands; add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=204138#c20 CVS] -- see also [[CVS_Development#Testing]]
+
* '''Javier''': add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=204138#c20 CVS] -- see also [[CVS_Development#Testing]]
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal improvements
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal improvements
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 23-Apr-2008]] (2 weeks) at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=4&day=23&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1600 London / 1700 Salzburg]
+
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 16-Apr-2008]] (2 weeks) at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=4&day=16&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1600 London / 1700 Salzburg]
 
* Next [[BugDay/April_2008]] on Apr 25
 
* Next [[BugDay/April_2008]] on Apr 25
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 7-May-2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=7&year=2008&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 7-May-2008]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=7&year=2008&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]

Latest revision as of 09:52, 16 April 2008

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Apr 9, 2008 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1600 London / 1700 Salzburg
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Contents

[edit] Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian, Kevin Doyle
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, (Uwe Stieber n/a), (Eugene Tarassov n/a)
  • Symbian - (Javier Montalvo Orus could not connect)

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

[edit] Notes

[edit] Current Focus

  • Unit Tests - next priority after API
  • Will migrate to new Releng after M6 (adopt P2, nightly tests, signing etc... too risky for now, focus on API)
  • Adopting Api Tooling: all API Leaks done except one, see below
  • API changes to vote on:
    • bug 218685 - SSH timeout - AI DaveM to contact the reporter
    • bug 220547 - SystemMessage - AI DaveM Document namespaces for SystemMessageID
    • bug 221138 - Get rid of SystemSelectRemoteFileOrFolderDialog and friends - AI Xuan move to "internal" package
    • bug 216252 - Revert Cancelled to Canceled - AI Martin decide and implement, either decision good for all
    • bug 225506 - API Leakage in RSEUIPlugin - AI Martin create bug for restoring behavior and move the method
    • bug 190231 - Subsystem to non-UI - AI Martin create patch, others to review soon
    • bug 170910 - Terminal APIs - AI Martin create patch, others to review soon
    • bug 196942 - final methods in ISubSystemConfiguration - AI Martin Defer
    • bug 226262 - IService IAdaptable - AI Martin attach patch, others give +1 on the bug
    • bug 226301 - IShellService methods should throw SystemMessageException - AI Martin attach patch, others give +1 on the bug

[edit] Bug Discussions

[edit] Committer Status and Report

  • Javier - bug 212382 ftpListingParser initCommands
  • DaveM
    • JUnit should autotest dstore against old servers as well - an IBM thing
    • When will we create 3.0.x service packs? - can do at any time; by default will use Ganymede train, mid september
    • Artemis EMF IBM discussion
  • MartinO
  • Xuan
    • Only one IPZilla 3rd party code addition (WindowsCE) - Martin: its an optional download, marked as Incubation
    • Commons Net 1.5 -- release expected real soon, Martin going to try and bring into 3.0 if accepted by EMO legal

[edit] Future and Planning

  • Planning - AI Martin to write up what we discussed in Toronto
    • Think about assigning bugs to target milestones. What goes into 3.0 and what not? - DaveD Mylyn is nice for bug review!
    • bug 215301 New Standard Project Plan Format
  • TM Website
    • AI Kevin follow up on his website proposals

[edit] Vacation, away

  • DaveM vacation June 16 - 20
  • DaveD in July -- AI Martin finish and test the new Build scripts on dsdp.eclipse.org till then
  • MartinO vacation June 11 - 22

[edit] Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • Everyone: Review API patches as announced on mailing list, vote +1 on the bug
  • Rupen:
  • DaveD: Finish profile import/export; Update bug 221211 IFileService multi-commands Javadoc
  • DaveM: contact IBM teams for bug 218685 SSH timeout, bug 220379 DStoreFileService API; add Javadoc on Thursday for bug 216252 SystemMessages message ID; create a new "Future" bug for dstore protocol handshake, cloned from bug 220892
  • Xuan: bug 221138 move SystemSelectRemoteFileOrFolderDialog and related to internal; Use Kevin's Properties for Unit Tests
  • Kevin: Website Updates
  • Martin: Add API patches; New Project Plan; Ganymede Rampdown Plan; Commons Net Placeholder CQ; UI/Non-UI Splitting; finish new releng; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests
  • Javier: add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to CVS -- see also CVS_Development#Testing
  • Michael: Terminal improvements

[edit] Next Meeting