DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 7-Nov-2006
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Nov 7, 2006 at 7am SFO / 9.00am Rochester / 10.00pm Toronto / 3pm London / 4pm Salzburg|
|Dial-in:|| International +44 (0)1452 567588|
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, Ted Williams
- Tradescape - Lothar Werzinger
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Our top goals
- Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
- Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
- Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
- Latest News
- Martin -- Preparing signed jars - bug 163421; daily I-builds, build notes; about files still pending
- DaveD --
- DaveM --
- Kushal --
- Javier --
- Ted --
- Uwe --
- Michael --
- Other News --
- Top Priorities this week:
- #1 - hi-priority bug fixing, testing and verification
- #2 - Being responsive
- #3 - Apply doc fixes
- Current Work
- Endgame Plan:
- Bug Fixes all tuesday and wednesday
- Martin to release the Mapfiles each morning Europe time --> automatic I-build at 7am Ottawa time
- Please test and verify late fixes in the I-builds as you can!
- Look at the "fixed bugs not yet verified" on the bug process page
- Thursday: testing and doc fixes only
- Martin to release the Mapfiles Friday morning Europe time --> final I-build (RC) at 7am Ottawa time
- Plan to release this unchanged on Friday
- New bugs: REVIEW Assigned to Inbox, Status NEW
- Endgame Plan:
- Upcoming Work
- Start IBM and EMO review process for User Actions and Import/Export (DaveD)
- Start creating Unit Tests, Testing feature (DaveD, Uwe)
- Continue bug fixing on HEAD (All)
- Fix compiler warnings, prepare for FinBugs (Kushal)
- Add ISV Javadoc where it is still missing or incorrect; review, and improve all docs (DaveM)
- RSE 2.0 Planning - Finalize the 2.0 Project Plan
- F2F meeting Toronto, Jan.17-18 (tentative)? - Use as brainstorming / architecture / planning meeting for upcoming "larger" 2.0 changes. Is January too late for that? Do we need it?
- API changes: we'll not introduce any api changes between 1.0 and 1.0.1
- But prepare for API changes soon after 1.0.1
- Change Requests
- Vacations, Holidays etc.
- Kushal - Business trip Nov 9 and 10
- US Thanksgiving - End of November
- Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD - Edit Code Ownership. Submit UDA and Import/Export for review; JUnit tests; Hi-Pri bugs. New bug for moving DTD.
- DaveM - Enter Resume into www.eclipsecon.org; Bugs
- Kushal - Bugs
- Martin - Work on 2.0 project plan; TM FAQ on the Wiki; Hi-pri bugs;
- Javier - Hook up with Scott Lewis once SD is committed and works
- Ted - Terminalview; Document the build process