Jump to: navigation, search

DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 6-Feb-2008

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Feb 6, 2007 at 1600 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Invited Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, Ted Williams, Eugene Tarassov
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Agenda

Current Work

  • Skype Call Quality
  • M5 upcoming - Test and endgame plan?
    • First PII drop on Feb 25th, Deadline until end of M6; try to minimize any wholesale changes after Feb.25th
    • PII Changes for UI/Non-UI Splitting e.g. bug 190231 SubSystem, bug 211067 SystemMessages in Services
  • Planning - AI Martin to write up what we discussed in Toronto
    • Think about assigning bugs to target milestones. What goes into 3.0 and what not?
  • Eugene new committer
  • TM Website
    • bug 216197 Bugs link on the side nav bar is broken by that latest changes
    • Kevin: Would like to change the TM website to be more like the Mylyn/RAP sites. Custom Nav bar, front page showing the product instead of a mission statement, etc. Is it okay to make changes in a new folder tm-new? Then can push it to the main site if everyone likes the changes?
    • Martin: Would like to discuss the intended changes before going ahead. But sure you can create any new pages that are not linked from the main page at any time.
    • Martin: Would like to get more dynamic information onto the homepage in an automated manner e.g. automated release notes with milestones
  • Bug Fixing - Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
  • Javier busy until end of Feb; hoping to get time for hi-pri bugs (but not new features)
  • DaveD's bugs are largely interrelated, currently working on bug 197036 - some impacts on teamview, nopefully get done today or tomorrow
    • RDC people want to import/export connections rather than profiles - want to see filters self-contained in connection. Might want to solve this by treating connection as a profile with a single connection, and merge it into a different profile. Or store the stuff under the connection itself.
    • This is maybe related to bug 160403 Filters should be connection-private by default
  • DaveM: -
    • bug 209703 - Can one property page affect the contents of another property page?
    • EFS and encodings - DaveM to put Martin on CC of the bug(s) he filed against Platform
    • (TPF) product teams extended SystemView in the past, which is now internal: provide a public Composite that wraps SystemView and that they can extend? E.g. they provided workspace objects along remote objects. AI file bugzilla items for concrete use cases and discuss them there.
    • bug 207180 - Remove "Encoding" control from the Property Pages
    • bug 209593 - UNIX permissions and ownership
      • Martin finds it odd that IRemoteFile adapts to IFilePermissionsService... shouldn't the IFileService adapt to it? -
      • Martin thinks that IHostFile objects should be immutable in order to make caching and threading safer - can we get rid of IHostFile#renameTo() ? Only the actual (Service) implementation should be able to create / change IHostFile objects. How to deal with "pending" permissions? Use a queue to avoid duplicate queries in dstore?
        • unlike permissions, "name" identifies a file via getAbsoluteName() -- that led to problems in the past
        • boils down to the question how reiably we think we understand the remote system
        • similar to what we had with setReadOnly() -- need to know when we need to refresh
        • Martin: The SERVICE should decide whether it wants to re-query or use the (locally modified) object
        • Dave: But if it's delegated to the service, we need to make the UI aware of the changes
  • Kevin: -
  • Xuan: -
  • Martin: - Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
  • Uwe: -
  • Rupen: - bug 210682 - Multi-file conflict resolution on Copy - dialog ready, jpeg posted on the bug
  • Michael: -
  • Questions

Vacation, Away

  • DaveD friday off; a week out of Rochester middle of Feb
  • Feb.18 is Family Day in Ontario

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: fixes, unit tests
  • DaveM: Ask committers about multi-property-dialog; fixes, unit tests; ask Violaine about bug 209704
  • Xuan: fixes, unit tests
  • Kevin: fixes, unit tests
  • Martin: Update bugzilla's; Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
  • Javier: fixes, unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to CVS -- see also CVS_Development#Testing
  • Michael: Terminal improvements

Next Meeting