DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 6-Feb-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Feb 6, 2007 at 1700 UTC|
|Dial-in:|| International +44 (0)1452 567588|
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, Ted Williams
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Our top goals
- Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help: being responsive
- Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
- Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
|Martin||50%||EclipseCon; EFS Symlinks; Enabled "internal" warnings; Bugzilla discussions.||50%|
|Javier||50%||169680 passive mode;||50%|
- Top priority this week is getting things done for M5. Plan items are currently more important than bug priorities.
- Martin & DaveM work on EclipseCon tutorial: fix bugs as needed
- 170923 (DaveD) UI/Non-UI splitting
- 163820 (Kushal) Encodings
- 170916 (Kushal) EFS
- What about putting EFS directly on top of IFileService without using the cache
- 170627 (DaveM) ISystemFilter in SystemViewElementAdapter.getChildren()
- 173042 (Uwe) Improved / pluggable Refresh
- 170832 (Martin) Read-only setting on ssh - what about using EFS on the back-end? (dstore doesnt do streams)
- 170922 (DaveM, Martin) Making as much as possible "internal": SystemView, SystemFilterReferenceAdapter, Subsystem Impls
- 170915 (DaveD, DaveM) Getting rid of Platform "internal" access
- add unit tests for all new or modified API
- New Europa Requirements from Planning Council Meeting 23-Jan-2007
- Written ramp down policy by Feb. 23rd --> AI Martin: wait for what Platform does and adapt it
- Avoiding non-API from other projects
- AI create bugzillas for getting rid of Platform Internal access and hook them up with a plan item; Europa requires that these are in the release notes and there is a plan for addressing these in the next major release
- Update features and include the words "end-user" and "extender" --> AI Martin wait for Platform and adapt
- Update Wiki to explain whether SDK contains examples --> AI Martin wait for Platform and adapt
- For bugs, see the bug process page (assigned to inbox, plan items, status new, hi-priority, API, open with patch, assigned to M5) -- pretty many right now
- General code cleanup -- to do right after M4:
- Get rid of unused icons, e.g. rse.ui/icons/full/obj16/system390_obj.gif, IBM_logo.gif
- Get rid of commented out source code
- Get rid of unused properties (chkpii)
- Change Requests
- Vacations, Holidays etc.
- DaveD going to Florida in February for a week
- Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
- Decided to fix the committer meeting slot to 1700 UTC (same as today).
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD - Remove RSE Performance Logging; Refactoring UI/Non-UI; Persistence; Bugzilla bug for User Actions Contribution until Jan.31st; Bugs & Unit tests;
- DaveM - EclipseCon; Bugs & Unit tests; finish permission API; download Streams API;
- Kushal - Encodings; EFS; Talk to DaveD re Comm Server; Bugs & Unit Tests
- Martin - EclipseCon tutorial; Check r/o flags and timestamps for ssh; Commit Montavista contrib; Migrate build to Ted's scripts; Migrate Commons.net to single-file-jar; Bugs & Unit Tests; Personal Interviews via Skype; Work on TM and RSE FAQ, improve Wiki and Website (how to contribute);
- Javier - Check r/o flags and timestamps for ftp; FTP passive mode; Improve SD; Bugs & Unit Tests
- Ted -
- Michael - Terminal Performance Improvements
- Uwe -