Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 5-Sep-2007"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''TM Committer Phone Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Tuesday Sep 5, 2007 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdet...)
 
 
(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Date & Time:  
 
| Date & Time:  
| Tuesday [[Sep 5, 2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=9&day=5&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern]
+
| Wednesday [[Sep 5, 2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=9&day=5&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Dial-in:
 
| Dial-in:
Line 17: Line 17:
  
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian
+
* IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf
 +
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
  
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
Line 27: Line 28:
 
=== Current Work ===
 
=== Current Work ===
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
 
* '''Skype Call Quality'''
* '''Reminder: Aug 30th is RC1''' as per [[TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR1_.2828-Sep-2007.29]], no risky fixes for 2.0.1 after the 30th! (Will fork off a 2.0.1 branch by then)
+
** Pretty good even though 7 participants; DaveM dropped off once
 +
* '''Reminder: Aug 30th was RC1''' as per [[TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR1_.2828-Sep-2007.29]], no risky fixes for 2.0.1 after the 30th!
 +
** Bugzilla TM "3.0" target milestone has been created; creating also "2.0.2" milestone; note that 2.0.2 bugs MUST be checked in to the branch, which is some effort, so this should be reserved for really important things only
 +
** Branch not yet forked off, but policies do apply (need review)
 +
** OK to check in to HEAD, Martin can merge to the branch
 
** Need 1-committer review, and Verification of fixes in an I-build after that time (RC1)
 
** Need 1-committer review, and Verification of fixes in an I-build after that time (RC1)
 
* '''Reminder: Start preparing / planning''' for the [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]]
 
* '''Reminder: Start preparing / planning''' for the [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]]
 +
** Room with outside internet access should be available in customer briefing center
 
** DaveD: Persistence, User-Defined Actions - Explain the plans, discuss them
 
** DaveD: Persistence, User-Defined Actions - Explain the plans, discuss them
 
** DaveM: Need to think
 
** DaveM: Need to think
Line 36: Line 42:
 
** Rupen will be continuing (tentative)
 
** Rupen will be continuing (tentative)
 
* '''DaveD:''' -  
 
* '''DaveD:''' -  
** {{Bug|194802}} - NPE when restoring; might be gone in the meantime, analyze / reproduce?
+
** {{Bug|194802}} - NPE when restoring; might be gone in the meantime, analyze / reproduce? - '''closing'''
** {{Bug|198395}} - Connect dstore with expired password
+
** {{Bug|198395}} - Connect dstore with expired password - '''need to look at perl APIs for pwd access'''
** {{Bug|197036}} - Avoid plugin activation, dont create all filterpools on startup
+
** {{Bug|197036}} - Avoid plugin activation, dont create all filterpools on startup - '''not for 2.0.1'''
* '''DaveM:''' -  
+
** {{Bug|176577}} - Moving hosts up+down - '''looking at for 2.0.1'''
 +
* '''DaveM:''' - '''looking at these this week'''
 
** {{Bug|196662}} - Refresh queries on dispatch thread - is it all fixed now?
 
** {{Bug|196662}} - Refresh queries on dispatch thread - is it all fixed now?
 
** {{Bug|200557}} - Review dnd from Project Explorer ({{Bug|192704}}
 
** {{Bug|200557}} - Review dnd from Project Explorer ({{Bug|192704}}
 
** {{Bug|199565}}, {{Bug|199566}}, {{Bug|199568}} - Deadlock issues due to synchronized methods calling out
 
** {{Bug|199565}}, {{Bug|199566}}, {{Bug|199568}} - Deadlock issues due to synchronized methods calling out
* '''Kevin:''' -  
+
* '''Kevin:''' - '''n/a today'''
 
** {{Bug|168219}} - how to treat recursive delete of a tree where some elements are read-only
 
** {{Bug|168219}} - how to treat recursive delete of a tree where some elements are read-only
 
*** '''delete what we can delete''', and leave the read-only files untouched (That's what EFS does) --> Will need a change of implementation (Local and DStore) to avoid giving up as soon as one error occurs during delete, return a MultiStatus; might also add API for "force" in the future
 
*** '''delete what we can delete''', and leave the read-only files untouched (That's what EFS does) --> Will need a change of implementation (Local and DStore) to avoid giving up as soon as one error occurs during delete, return a MultiStatus; might also add API for "force" in the future
* '''Uwe:''' -  
+
* '''Javier:''' - Just back from vacation; will look at {{Bug|199773}}
 +
* '''Martin:''' - BugDay activities
 +
* '''Uwe:''' Included RSE JUnittests into our nightly product test suite.
 
* '''Rupen:''' {{Bug|198728}} - assign it to myself if Xuan does not mind. (working on same bug for artemis)  
 
* '''Rupen:''' {{Bug|198728}} - assign it to myself if Xuan does not mind. (working on same bug for artemis)  
 
* [[BugDayAugust2007]] -- August 31 -- Results:
 
* [[BugDayAugust2007]] -- August 31 -- Results:
 
+
** 3 bugs fixed, reviewed by Martin; IRC was really quiet; more communication on bugzilla than IRC
 
* '''Questions'''
 
* '''Questions'''
  
Line 57: Line 66:
 
== Vacation, Away ==
 
== Vacation, Away ==
  
* Should we move next week's meeting away from 9/11?
+
* DaveD vacation Spt 27 - Oct 6
 +
 
  
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 28-Aug-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 28-Aug-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* '''DaveD''': 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
 
* '''DaveD''': 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
* '''DaveM''': '''Ask Pete Nicholls about room for F2F meeting in Toronto'''; {{Bug|196662}} refresh on dispatch thread
+
* '''DaveM''': {{Bug|196662}} refresh on dispatch thread
 
* '''Xuan''': Unit Tests
 
* '''Xuan''': Unit Tests
 
* '''Kevin''': 2.0.1 fixes
 
* '''Kevin''': 2.0.1 fixes
* '''Martin''': Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
+
* '''Martin''': Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
 
* '''Javier''': 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
 
* '''Javier''': 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal performance improvements
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal performance improvements
Line 71: Line 81:
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Sep-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=9&day=5&year=2007&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Sep-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=9&day=5&year=2007&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 11-Sep-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=9&day=11&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC] (Move to Wed due to CDN labor day)
+
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 11-Sep-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=9&day=11&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC]
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]]
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]]
  

Latest revision as of 11:31, 5 September 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Sep 5, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Contents

[edit] Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

[edit] Agenda

[edit] Current Work

  • Skype Call Quality
    • Pretty good even though 7 participants; DaveM dropped off once
  • Reminder: Aug 30th was RC1 as per TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa#Ramp_down_for_Europa_SR1_.2828-Sep-2007.29, no risky fixes for 2.0.1 after the 30th!
    • Bugzilla TM "3.0" target milestone has been created; creating also "2.0.2" milestone; note that 2.0.2 bugs MUST be checked in to the branch, which is some effort, so this should be reserved for really important things only
    • Branch not yet forked off, but policies do apply (need review)
    • OK to check in to HEAD, Martin can merge to the branch
    • Need 1-committer review, and Verification of fixes in an I-build after that time (RC1)
  • Reminder: Start preparing / planning for the DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007
    • Room with outside internet access should be available in customer briefing center
    • DaveD: Persistence, User-Defined Actions - Explain the plans, discuss them
    • DaveM: Need to think
    • MartinO: UI/Non-UI; New-connection-wizard: more user friendly while keeping it pluggable
    • Kevin will be dedicating some time (up to 20 hrs a week)
    • Rupen will be continuing (tentative)
  • DaveD: -
    • bug 194802 - NPE when restoring; might be gone in the meantime, analyze / reproduce? - closing
    • bug 198395 - Connect dstore with expired password - need to look at perl APIs for pwd access
    • bug 197036 - Avoid plugin activation, dont create all filterpools on startup - not for 2.0.1
    • bug 176577 - Moving hosts up+down - looking at for 2.0.1
  • DaveM: - looking at these this week
  • Kevin: - n/a today
    • bug 168219 - how to treat recursive delete of a tree where some elements are read-only
      • delete what we can delete, and leave the read-only files untouched (That's what EFS does) --> Will need a change of implementation (Local and DStore) to avoid giving up as soon as one error occurs during delete, return a MultiStatus; might also add API for "force" in the future
  • Javier: - Just back from vacation; will look at bug 199773
  • Martin: - BugDay activities
  • Uwe: Included RSE JUnittests into our nightly product test suite.
  • Rupen: bug 198728 - assign it to myself if Xuan does not mind. (working on same bug for artemis)
  • BugDayAugust2007 -- August 31 -- Results:
    • 3 bugs fixed, reviewed by Martin; IRC was really quiet; more communication on bugzilla than IRC
  • Questions

[edit] Vacation, Away

  • DaveD vacation Spt 27 - Oct 6


[edit] Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
  • DaveM: bug 196662 refresh on dispatch thread
  • Xuan: Unit Tests
  • Kevin: 2.0.1 fixes
  • Martin: Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
  • Javier: 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
  • Michael: Terminal performance improvements

[edit] Next Meeting