DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 5-Mar-2008

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Mar 5, 2008 at 1600 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Contents

Invited Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, Eugene Tarassov
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Agenda

Current Work

  • Skype Call Quality
  • M6 Focus
    • Focus on finalizing API Changes for M6 - Please review your bugs and check "target milestone" assignment. If API might be involved, assign to M6.
    • PII -- Xuan status
    • Unit Tests
      • Need all unit tests enabled in nightly builds - need to use Uwe's Connection Property classes, see FTPFileSubsystemTestCase - AI Xuan, DaveM, Kevin Use Properties for unit tests
  • Hi-pri-bugs; apply patches
    • Community Contributions from Radoslav Gerganov, Johnson Ma (tgz handler)
  • Planning - AI Martin to write up what we discussed in Toronto
    • Think about assigning bugs to target milestones. What goes into 3.0 and what not?
  • TM Website
    • Martin added searchcvs, relnotes, RSS-Feed (manually created for now); required changing the left-bar-menu into hardcoded items
    • dsdp.eclipse.org now also holds the website (build.eclipse.org will do soon) in order to support auto-builds, relnotes, searchcvs
    • Martin incorporated some of Kevin's suggestions (new "Bugs" link; left-menu)
  • Bug Fixing - Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
    • Since our DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007 it's now 24 weeks / 4 milestones, so each committer is due 48 fixes / 8 unittests
    • Current situation is on this bugzilla report
    • Unittests: when adding a test, please add the tag //-test-author:YourName in front of it
      • DaveM - 5
      • DaveD - 21
      • KevinD - 11
      • MartinO - 3
      • TobiasS - 3
      • UweS - 7
      • XuanC - 51
      • Total - 101
      • Javier - 0
  • Javier busy until end of Feb; no time for Eclipse currently
  • DaveD
    • bug 217894 Subsystem Configuration Families - subsystem category would be orthogonal to subsystem family -- family would be related to connector service -- AI All comment on the bug
    • Import/export connections rather than profiles - extend the persistence provider for import/export. Use a profile that only contains those things relevant to the exported elements, and merge it on import (or instantiate + copy).
      • This is maybe related to bug 160403 Filters should be connection-private by default
  • DaveM: -
    • bug 216252 SystemMessages refactoring
    • EFS and encodings - No response from platform or TPF teams
    • (TPF) product teams extended SystemView in the past, no response from them
  • Kevin: -
  • Xuan: - Need to add plugin org.eclipse.rse.useractions into build. Needed by IBM (after M5) - want a separate download
    • bug 185554 dynamic menus
    • Will mostly be busy with IBM / Migration work
    • NL Testing: want to be finished by March 21, how much work? - Martin: Try SearchCVS: It knows all files in CVS, all commits, all dates etc in a database
  • Martin: - Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
    • Searchcvs, Relnotes done; Little more work needed on web-build and promote.sh
    • Next tasks - TM 2.0.3; Move SubsystemConfiguration implementation into non-UI; Lazy loading of SubsystemConfiguration (use the Proxy more); Lazy loading of UI adapters
    • bug 218947 IRemotePath idea
      • DaveM: Could we use IHostFile instead of IRemotePath? - Martin: Looks like IHostPath only exists when connected
      • Xuan: API changes are problematic - Migration will start in 1 month
        • API Freeze by M6 - would that also mean we cannot add classes, methods? - Martin: dont need to be super strict.
        • Martin: Migration could be stepwise, if we are able to convert String into IRemotePath and vice versa
      • DaveM: Naming convention -- IHostPath instead of IRemotePath since located in the Service?
  • Uwe: - Won't have much time for Open Source
  • Rupen: - bug 210682 - Multi-file conflict resolution on Copy - dialog ready, jpeg posted on the bug
  • Michael: -
  • Questions

Vacation, Away

  • EclipseCon Mar17-

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • Everyone: Review bug 216252 SystemMessages refactoring
  • DaveD: Fix bug 219101 HostMoveTest
  • DaveM: Use Properties for Unit Tests
  • Xuan: Use Properties for Unit Tests
  • Kevin: Use Properties for Unit Tests; Website Updates
  • Martin: Add UserActions to build/downloads; finish new releng; Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Newsgroup
  • Javier: add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to CVS -- see also CVS_Development#Testing
  • Michael: Terminal improvements

Next Meeting