DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 5-Jun-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Jun 5, 2007 at 1500 UTC|
|Dial-in:|| International +44 (0)1452 567588|
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir, Kevin Doyle, Xuan Chen
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 29-May-2007
News & Review Action Items
|Martin||80%||Reviews were more work than expected; Releng changes; Licensing for Europa; Preparing Release Review (tomorrow!)||50%|
Plan for the TM Future
- Please review and edit TM Future Planning together with your Requirements / Product Management folk
Ramp Down Plan
- TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa, based on Europa Simultaneous Release#Milestones and Release Candidates
- RC2 -- Tue Jun 5 (today)
- RC3 -- Thu Jun 14 (7 work days; Martin vacation 12-Jun til 21-Jun!)
- RC4 -- Thu Jun 21 (5 work days)
- EUROPA -- Jun 29
- Testing: Please use RSE RC2 yourselves in daily work
- 2-committer-review required from now on. Doc-only / Comment-only / Testcases fixes allowed without review.
- Only P1, P2, Major bugs and regressions from now on
- Exception: Doc-only/testcases/escalations
- Copyright comments all done by Martin, might want to Review / check yours
Bugs and open work to be discussed
- Current Priorities: Fix bugs by Priority
- Javier: User docs and ISV docs for Discovery? AI Martin help out with releng aspects.
- DaveD: N-builds / I-builds: DaveD to try out N-builds, then learn I-builds and how to contribute to Europa
- Rename "Team" view -> "Profiles" view
- DaveM: IRemoteObjectAdapter: what about using the new API?
- dnd: Download-on-Copy
- Copy as binary although text mode specified
- Martin: Need to bring Releng scripts up to latest for Orbit; Review and release Telnet fixes; 176461 expand-to-level; 186315 EFS problematic URIs;
- 170910 Integrate Terminalview -- OK to defer?
- UI/Non-UI: ISystemRegistry, SubSystemConfiguration
- Kushal: 179937 Single "Encoding" control on the Host (for all subsystems)
- 174789 Property pages added to Wizard automatically: AI Kushal investigate
- Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority
- Thursday Jun 7 - public holiday in Austria (Martin ooo)
- Martin Vacation Wed Jun 13 - Fri Jun 22
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD: Translation Testcases; Persistence Provider without IResource
- DaveM: Refresh Bugs
- Kushal: BIDI bugs and Encodings
- Martin: Testing Stats; Refresh improvements; Integrating Terminal with RSE