Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 5-Jun-2007"

< DSDP‎ | TM
Line 27: Line 27:
  
 
{|border=1
 
{|border=1
| Martin  || 80% || Reviews; Releng changes; Licensing for Europa; || 50%
+
| Martin  || 80% || Reviews were more work than expected; Releng changes; Licensing for Europa; Preparing Release Review (tomorrow!) || 50%
 
|-
 
|-
 
| DaveD  || 90% ||  || 90%
 
| DaveD  || 90% ||  || 90%
Line 53: Line 53:
 
** RC4 -- Thu Jun 21 (5 work days)
 
** RC4 -- Thu Jun 21 (5 work days)
 
** EUROPA -- Jun 29
 
** EUROPA -- Jun 29
* Testing: '''Please use RSE yourselves in daily work'''
+
* Testing: '''Please use RSE RC2 yourselves in daily work'''
 
* '''2-committer-review required from now on'''. Doc-only / Comment-only / Testcases fixes allowed without review.
 
* '''2-committer-review required from now on'''. Doc-only / Comment-only / Testcases fixes allowed without review.
 
* Only P1, P2, Major bugs and regressions from now on
 
* Only P1, P2, Major bugs and regressions from now on
* Exception: Doc-only/testcases/escalations
+
** Exception: Doc-only/testcases/escalations
* Copyright comments all done by Martin, might want to Review / check yours
+
** Copyright comments all done by Martin, might want to Review / check yours
  
 
=== Bugs and open work to be discussed ===
 
=== Bugs and open work to be discussed ===
Line 64: Line 64:
 
** '''Javier''': User docs and ISV docs for Discovery? '''AI Martin''' help out with releng aspects.
 
** '''Javier''': User docs and ISV docs for Discovery? '''AI Martin''' help out with releng aspects.
 
** '''DaveD''': N-builds / I-builds: DaveD to try out N-builds, then learn I-builds and how to contribute to Europa
 
** '''DaveD''': N-builds / I-builds: DaveD to try out N-builds, then learn I-builds and how to contribute to Europa
 +
*** Rename "Team" view -> "Profiles" view
 
** '''DaveM''': IRemoteObjectAdapter: what about using the new API?
 
** '''DaveM''': IRemoteObjectAdapter: what about using the new API?
 
*** dnd: Download-on-Copy
 
*** dnd: Download-on-Copy
Line 88: Line 89:
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
 +
* [[Europa Simultaneous Release]] Release Review on [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=6&day=6&year=2007&hour=7&min=0&sec=0&p1=221 6-Jun-2007 at 7am PST / 1400 UTC]
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 6-Jun-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=6&day=6&year=2007&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 6-Jun-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=6&day=6&year=2007&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 12-Jun-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=6&day=12&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC]
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 12-Jun-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=6&day=12&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC]

Revision as of 09:47, 5 June 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Jun 5, 2007 at 1500 UTC
Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Invited Attendees

  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kushal Munir, Kevin Doyle, Xuan Chen
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Notes

News & Review Action Items

Martin 80% Reviews were more work than expected; Releng changes; Licensing for Europa; Preparing Release Review (tomorrow!) 50%
DaveD 90% 90%
DaveM 80% 80%
Kushal 40% 40%
Javier 30% 30%
Ted 0% - 0%
Uwe 5% - 5%
Michael 10% 10%

Plan for the TM Future

  • Please review and edit TM Future Planning together with your Requirements / Product Management folk

Ramp Down Plan

  • TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa, based on Europa Simultaneous Release#Milestones and Release Candidates
    • RC2 -- Tue Jun 5 (today)
    • RC3 -- Thu Jun 14 (7 work days; Martin vacation 12-Jun til 21-Jun!)
    • RC4 -- Thu Jun 21 (5 work days)
    • EUROPA -- Jun 29
  • Testing: Please use RSE RC2 yourselves in daily work
  • 2-committer-review required from now on. Doc-only / Comment-only / Testcases fixes allowed without review.
  • Only P1, P2, Major bugs and regressions from now on
    • Exception: Doc-only/testcases/escalations
    • Copyright comments all done by Martin, might want to Review / check yours

Bugs and open work to be discussed

  • Current Priorities: Fix bugs by Priority
    • Javier: User docs and ISV docs for Discovery? AI Martin help out with releng aspects.
    • DaveD: N-builds / I-builds: DaveD to try out N-builds, then learn I-builds and how to contribute to Europa
      • Rename "Team" view -> "Profiles" view
    • DaveM: IRemoteObjectAdapter: what about using the new API?
      • dnd: Download-on-Copy
      • Copy as binary although text mode specified
    • Martin: Need to bring Releng scripts up to latest for Orbit; Review and release Telnet fixes; 176461 expand-to-level; 186315 EFS problematic URIs;
      • 170910 Integrate Terminalview -- OK to defer?
      • UI/Non-UI: ISystemRegistry, SubSystemConfiguration
    • Kushal: 179937 Single "Encoding" control on the Host (for all subsystems)
      • 174789 Property pages added to Wizard automatically: AI Kushal investigate
  • Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority

Vacation, Away

  • Thursday Jun 7 - public holiday in Austria (Martin ooo)
  • Martin Vacation Wed Jun 13 - Fri Jun 22

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: Translation Testcases; Persistence Provider without IResource
  • DaveM: Refresh Bugs
  • Kushal: BIDI bugs and Encodings
  • Martin: Testing Stats; Refresh improvements; Integrating Terminal with RSE
  • Javier:
  • Michael:

Next Meeting