DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 5-Dec-2006

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Revision as of 07:41, 6 December 2006 by Martin.oberhuber.windriver.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Dec 5, 2006 at 1600 UTC
Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Contents

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, (Michael Scharf N/A), (Ted Williams N/A)
  • Tradescape - Lothar Werzinger

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Notes

  • Our top goals
    • Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help: being responsive
    • Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
    • Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site

Latest News

Martin 50% Setting J2SE-1.4; Playing with J2ME; Reporting & Verifying bugs; Reviewing & Releasing; Helping out with Terminal 50%
DaveD 50% warnings cleanup; Performance Logger to be removed for 2.0?; bugs; junit 80%
DaveM 80% Bugs; warnings cleanup; 80%
Kushal 50% warnings cleanup; "difficult" warnings now; comm daemon - IBM ok with not having it in OSS 50%
Javier 50% FTP bugs, warnings cleanup; proposed a new system for SD, could also discover dstore 50%
Ted 5% n/a
Uwe 50% Unittests
Michael 50% n/a

Upcoming Work

  • 1 week to go for RSE 1.0.1 fixes (bugzilla report)
    • DaveM - Cannot reproduce some, e.g. 166345 --> reporter needs to verify
  • Adding JUnit Tests (Uwe, DaveD)
    • Uwe or DaveD to check in; Martin to create features and downloads for tests
    • Nightly Unit Tests to be added as part of Europa changes by Ted after Dec.15th
    • RSE SystemView and Performance
  • Compiler Warnings
    • See the Committer Howto for settings
      • 647 -> 2 dstore.core
      • 109 -> 113 connectorservice.dstore
      • 176 -> 265 rse.core
      • 474 -> 558 files.ui
      • 134 -> 0 logging
      • 637 -> 662 services
      • 653 -> 9 services.dstore
      • 221 -> 250 subsystems.files.core
      • 1622 -> 346 rse.ui
    • Quickfix for NON-NLS-1; "look for similar problems"; found some strings that should be externalized (jobnames)
    • Currently we have printlns for many exceptions -- should be logging instead (left in english)
    • Java5 Array settings -> Fixed by setting Target Platform J2SE-1.4 everywhere
  • Quality
    • Will have a 1-day public round of testing on Tuesday Dec.12, see RSE 1.0.1 Testing
    • Need to VERIFY all 1.0.1 fixes, and do another round of sanity checks
    • Docs are a high priority. Add ISV Javadoc where it is still missing or incorrect; review, and improve all docs
  • Planning 2.0

Communications

  • Europa: IBM has a request for anything coming back from Eclipse to have an src.zip (sources only) for everything that was included in the build; there is a template for deriving this; needed for IP reviews; DaveD will work with Ted on this, there might be some functionality in basebuilder already
  • Change Requests
    • Might need to shift next week's meeting by 1 hour due to Orbit call; Martin to send E-Mail invitation
  • Vacations, Holidays etc.
    • Movie Day on the 8th in Toronto
    • Kushal away from 18th
    • Martin, DaveM away from 25th to 1st
    • Javier away from 25th to 8th
  • Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD - Submit UDA and Import/Export for IBM internal review; New bug for moving DTD.
  • DaveM - Bugs; Compiler Warnings (dstore);
  • Kushal - Compiler Warnings (UI); Talk to DaveD re Comm Server; Bugs
  • Martin - Personal Interviews via Skype; Work on RSE 2.0 Planning; TM and RSE FAQ, improve Wiki and Website (how to contribute); Bugs; Terminalview
  • Javier - Bugs;
  • Ted - Document the build process (DD project), prepare for Europa build
  • Michael -
  • Uwe - RSE Systemview performance unit tests

Next Meeting