Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 5-Dec-2006"

< DSDP‎ | TM
 
(Next Meeting)
 
(4 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 17: Line 17:
 
* IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
 
* IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, Ted Williams
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, (Michael Scharf N/A), (Ted Williams N/A)
 
* Tradescape - Lothar Werzinger
 
* Tradescape - Lothar Werzinger
  
Line 30: Line 30:
  
 
{|border=1
 
{|border=1
| Martin  || 80% || ||
+
| Martin  || 50% || Setting J2SE-1.4; Playing with J2ME; Reporting & Verifying bugs; Reviewing & Releasing; Helping out with Terminal || 50%
 
|-
 
|-
| DaveD  || 50% || ||
+
| DaveD  || 50% || warnings cleanup; Performance Logger to be removed for 2.0?; bugs; junit || 80%
 
|-
 
|-
| DaveM  || 80% || ||
+
| DaveM  || 80% || Bugs; warnings cleanup; || 80%
 
|-
 
|-
| Kushal  || 90% || ||
+
| Kushal  || 50% || warnings cleanup; "difficult" warnings now; comm daemon - IBM ok with not having it in OSS || 50%
 
|-
 
|-
| Javier  || 50% || ||
+
| Javier  || 50% || FTP bugs, warnings cleanup; proposed a new system for SD, could also discover dstore || 50%
 
|-
 
|-
| Ted    || 5% || ||
+
| Ted    || 5% || n/a ||
 
|-
 
|-
| Uwe    || 50% || ||
+
| Uwe    || 50% || Unittests ||
 
|-
 
|-
| Michael || 50% || ||
+
| Michael || 50% || n/a ||
 
|}
 
|}
  
 
=== Upcoming Work ===
 
=== Upcoming Work ===
 +
* '''1 week to go''' for RSE 1.0.1 fixes ([https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/report.cgi?x_axis_field=priority&y_axis_field=assigned_to&z_axis_field=&query_format=report-table&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&target_milestone=1.0.1&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&format=table&action=wrap bugzilla report])
 +
** DaveM - Cannot reproduce some, e.g. 166345 --> reporter needs to verify
 
* '''Adding JUnit Tests''' (Uwe, DaveD)
 
* '''Adding JUnit Tests''' (Uwe, DaveD)
* '''RSE SystemView and Performance'''
+
** Uwe or DaveD to check in; Martin to create features and downloads for tests
 +
** Nightly Unit Tests to be added as part of Europa changes by Ted after Dec.15th
 +
** '''RSE SystemView and Performance'''
 
* '''Compiler Warnings'''
 
* '''Compiler Warnings'''
** See the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/committer_howto.php#check_code Committer Howto] for settings: changed '''NON-NLS-1 enabled''', '''Javadoc consider protected'''
+
** See the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/committer_howto.php#check_code Committer Howto] for settings
 +
*** 647 ->  2 dstore.core
 +
*** 109 -> 113 connectorservice.dstore
 +
*** 176 -> 265 rse.core
 +
*** 474 -> 558 files.ui
 +
*** 134 ->  0 logging
 +
*** 637 -> 662 services
 +
*** 653 ->  9 services.dstore
 +
*** 221 -> 250 subsystems.files.core
 +
*** 1622 -> 346 rse.ui
 +
** Quickfix for NON-NLS-1; "look for similar problems"; found some strings that should be externalized (jobnames)
 +
** Currently we have printlns for many exceptions -- should be logging instead (left in english)
 +
** Java5 Array settings -> Fixed by setting Target Platform J2SE-1.4 everywhere
 
* '''Quality'''
 
* '''Quality'''
 
** Will have a 1-day public round of testing on Tuesday Dec.12, see [[RSE 1.0.1 Testing]]
 
** Will have a 1-day public round of testing on Tuesday Dec.12, see [[RSE 1.0.1 Testing]]
 +
** Need to VERIFY all 1.0.1 fixes, and do another round of sanity checks
 
** '''Docs are a high priority'''. Add ISV Javadoc where it is still missing or incorrect; review, and improve all docs
 
** '''Docs are a high priority'''. Add ISV Javadoc where it is still missing or incorrect; review, and improve all docs
** [[DSDP/TM/Code_Ownership]]
 
 
* Planning 2.0
 
* Planning 2.0
 
** Start IBM and EMO review process for User Actions and Import/Export (DaveD)
 
** Start IBM and EMO review process for User Actions and Import/Export (DaveD)
 
*** Also need a CQ for two Userdoc files for the Internal Comms Daemon
 
*** Also need a CQ for two Userdoc files for the Internal Comms Daemon
 
** [[RSE 2.0 Planning]] - Finalize the 2.0 Project Plan
 
** [[RSE 2.0 Planning]] - Finalize the 2.0 Project Plan
** Think about limiting the API: Make APIs internal along the way of updating documentation, and making Unit tests, we'll see some API we want "internal". We should DOCUMENT these for now and DO it soon after 1.0.1
 
 
** '''New bugs''': REVIEW [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&component=RSE&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=exact&email1=dsdp.tm.rse-inbox%40eclipse.org&cmdtype=doit Assigned to Inbox], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&component=RSE&bug_status=NEW&cmdtype=doit Status NEW]
 
** '''New bugs''': REVIEW [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&component=RSE&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=exact&email1=dsdp.tm.rse-inbox%40eclipse.org&cmdtype=doit Assigned to Inbox], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&component=RSE&bug_status=NEW&cmdtype=doit Status NEW]
 
*** Open bugs: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&component=RSE&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&priority=P1&priority=P2&cmdtype=doit P1, P2 bugs], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=%5Bapi&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&component=RSE&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit API bugs], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&component=RSE&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=attachments.ispatch&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=1 Open with Patch],
 
*** Open bugs: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&component=RSE&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&priority=P1&priority=P2&cmdtype=doit P1, P2 bugs], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=%5Bapi&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&component=RSE&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit API bugs], [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=DSDP&product=Target+Management&component=RSE&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=attachments.ispatch&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=1 Open with Patch],
  
 
=== Communications ===
 
=== Communications ===
* Shall we get rid of unused icons, e.g. rse.ui/icons/full/obj16/system390_obj.gif ? - not yet
+
* Europa: IBM has a request for anything coming back from Eclipse to have an src.zip (sources only) for everything that was included in the build; there is a template for deriving this; needed for IP reviews; DaveD will work with Ted on this, there might be some functionality in basebuilder already
* Shall we get rid of commented out source code ? - not yet
+
 
* Change Requests
 
* Change Requests
 +
** Might need to shift next week's meeting by 1 hour due to Orbit call; Martin to send E-Mail invitation
 
* Vacations, Holidays etc.
 
* Vacations, Holidays etc.
 
** Movie Day on the 8th in Toronto
 
** Movie Day on the 8th in Toronto
 
** Kushal away from 18th
 
** Kushal away from 18th
 
** Martin, DaveM away from 25th to 1st
 
** Martin, DaveM away from 25th to 1st
 +
** Javier away from 25th to 8th
 
* Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
 
* Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
  
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 28-Nov-2006#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 28-Nov-2006#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
* '''DaveD''' - Submit UDA and Import/Export for IBM internal review; Compiler Warnings (logging); New bug for moving DTD.
+
* '''DaveD''' - Submit UDA and Import/Export for IBM internal review; New bug for moving DTD.
 
* '''DaveM''' - Bugs; Compiler Warnings (dstore);
 
* '''DaveM''' - Bugs; Compiler Warnings (dstore);
* '''Kushal''' - Compiler Warnings (UI); Talk to Don re Comm Server; Bugs
+
* '''Kushal''' - Compiler Warnings (UI); Talk to DaveD re Comm Server; Bugs
* '''Martin''' - Personal Interviews via Skype; Work on [[RSE 2.0 Planning]]; [[TM and RSE FAQ]], improve Wiki and Website (how to contribute); Bugs;  
+
* '''Martin''' - Personal Interviews via Skype; Work on [[RSE 2.0 Planning]]; [[TM and RSE FAQ]], improve Wiki and Website (how to contribute); Bugs; Terminalview
* '''Javier''' - Bugs; Compiler Warnings (discovery);  
+
* '''Javier''' - Bugs;
 
* '''Ted''' - Document the build process (DD project), prepare for Europa build
 
* '''Ted''' - Document the build process (DD project), prepare for Europa build
* '''Michael''' - Terminalview
+
* '''Michael''' -  
* '''Uwe''' - RSE Systemview performance unit tests, hook up with DaveD
+
* '''Uwe''' - RSE Systemview performance unit tests
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
* Open [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 6-Dec-2006]] at 9am PST
 
* Open [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 6-Dec-2006]] at 9am PST
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 12-Dec-2006]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2006&month=12&day=12hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1600 UTC]
+
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 12-Dec-2006]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2006&month=12&day=12hour=17&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1700 UTC]
  
 
[[Category:DSDP/TM]]
 
[[Category:DSDP/TM]]

Latest revision as of 07:41, 6 December 2006

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Dec 5, 2006 at 1600 UTC
Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, (Michael Scharf N/A), (Ted Williams N/A)
  • Tradescape - Lothar Werzinger

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Notes

  • Our top goals
    • Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help: being responsive
    • Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
    • Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site

Latest News

Martin 50% Setting J2SE-1.4; Playing with J2ME; Reporting & Verifying bugs; Reviewing & Releasing; Helping out with Terminal 50%
DaveD 50% warnings cleanup; Performance Logger to be removed for 2.0?; bugs; junit 80%
DaveM 80% Bugs; warnings cleanup; 80%
Kushal 50% warnings cleanup; "difficult" warnings now; comm daemon - IBM ok with not having it in OSS 50%
Javier 50% FTP bugs, warnings cleanup; proposed a new system for SD, could also discover dstore 50%
Ted 5% n/a
Uwe 50% Unittests
Michael 50% n/a

Upcoming Work

  • 1 week to go for RSE 1.0.1 fixes (bugzilla report)
    • DaveM - Cannot reproduce some, e.g. 166345 --> reporter needs to verify
  • Adding JUnit Tests (Uwe, DaveD)
    • Uwe or DaveD to check in; Martin to create features and downloads for tests
    • Nightly Unit Tests to be added as part of Europa changes by Ted after Dec.15th
    • RSE SystemView and Performance
  • Compiler Warnings
    • See the Committer Howto for settings
      • 647 -> 2 dstore.core
      • 109 -> 113 connectorservice.dstore
      • 176 -> 265 rse.core
      • 474 -> 558 files.ui
      • 134 -> 0 logging
      • 637 -> 662 services
      • 653 -> 9 services.dstore
      • 221 -> 250 subsystems.files.core
      • 1622 -> 346 rse.ui
    • Quickfix for NON-NLS-1; "look for similar problems"; found some strings that should be externalized (jobnames)
    • Currently we have printlns for many exceptions -- should be logging instead (left in english)
    • Java5 Array settings -> Fixed by setting Target Platform J2SE-1.4 everywhere
  • Quality
    • Will have a 1-day public round of testing on Tuesday Dec.12, see RSE 1.0.1 Testing
    • Need to VERIFY all 1.0.1 fixes, and do another round of sanity checks
    • Docs are a high priority. Add ISV Javadoc where it is still missing or incorrect; review, and improve all docs
  • Planning 2.0

Communications

  • Europa: IBM has a request for anything coming back from Eclipse to have an src.zip (sources only) for everything that was included in the build; there is a template for deriving this; needed for IP reviews; DaveD will work with Ted on this, there might be some functionality in basebuilder already
  • Change Requests
    • Might need to shift next week's meeting by 1 hour due to Orbit call; Martin to send E-Mail invitation
  • Vacations, Holidays etc.
    • Movie Day on the 8th in Toronto
    • Kushal away from 18th
    • Martin, DaveM away from 25th to 1st
    • Javier away from 25th to 8th
  • Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD - Submit UDA and Import/Export for IBM internal review; New bug for moving DTD.
  • DaveM - Bugs; Compiler Warnings (dstore);
  • Kushal - Compiler Warnings (UI); Talk to DaveD re Comm Server; Bugs
  • Martin - Personal Interviews via Skype; Work on RSE 2.0 Planning; TM and RSE FAQ, improve Wiki and Website (how to contribute); Bugs; Terminalview
  • Javier - Bugs;
  • Ted - Document the build process (DD project), prepare for Europa build
  • Michael -
  • Uwe - RSE Systemview performance unit tests

Next Meeting