Jump to: navigation, search

DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 4-Oct-2006

< DSDP‎ | TM
Revision as of 10:14, 4 October 2006 by David dykstal.us.ibm.com (Talk | contribs)

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Oct 4, 2006 at 8.00am San Francisco / 10.00am Rochester / 11.00am Toronto / 4.00pm London / 5.00pm Salzburg
Dial-in: International +1 314-655-1411
North America +1 877-422-0035 (toll free)
Passcode: 764918

Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants:
DaveD to start a Skype conference - you'll be called:
Skype martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, uwe.stieber

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Ted Williams, Uwe Stieber

Agenda

  • Our top goals
    • Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
    • Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
    • Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
  • Latest News
    • Martin --
    • DaveD -- Continuing work on bugs, bookkeeping, I-builds
    • DaveM --
    • Kushal --
    • Javier --
    • Ted --
    • Uwe --
    • Other News --
  • Looking back on 1.0 M5
    • Downloads to-date: __ (SDK), __ (win-server), __ (linux-server), __ (examples); __ efs, __ disscovery; plus __ from the update site (.pack.gz, +__ .jar)
    • Please Review Bugs assigned to M5 milestone and set FIXED as appropriate (or change Target Milestone=1.0 RC1)
  • Top Priorities this week:
    • #1 - Bookkeeping: Bugzilla M5 bugs status, Bugzilla NEW->ASSIGNED, Code Ownership, Copyright Checks
    • #2 - Hi-priority bugfixing
  • Upcoming Work
    • New bugs: REVIEW Assigned to Inbox, Status NEW
      • Open bugs: P1, P2 bugs, API bugs, Open with Patch,
      • DaveD: 150128 harder than expected, would like to defer: bugfix to persist each of 3 persist-jobs in a row is easier than adding the API for persist on demand
      • DaveM: 153652 copy&paste - drag&drop works always, copy&paste fails from remote FS to windows explorer.
        • Dave & Kushal could not reproduce problems with Drag&Drop files when folders worked
        • --> Martin to re-test once Commons_Net builds ok
    • Communications
      • We need a RSE 2.0 Project Plan! - Work on the RSE 2.0 Planning page
        • Martin to create an empty Milestone Plan in a hidden area of the webserver; DaveD to fill in features for dates
    • Source Code Style & Cleanness
      • Missing / Incomplete Copyrights - PLEASE FIX NOW
      • Compiler Warnings: See Committer Howto
      • Code Ownership - DSDP/TM/Code Ownership - DaveD to edit (for self).
        • Propose FTP to be transferred from Martin to Javier
        • Propose CDT Launcer to be transferred from Martin to Ewa
    • Change Requests
      • SystemRegistry.getTheSystemRegistry() vs. RSEUIPlugin.getSystemRegistry()
      • Default colors for command view - white background, black or dark blue foreground
      • Remove rseConfigDefaults extension point - Kushal
      • Remove passwordPersistence extension point - Kushal
      • Deprecated getRemoteProperty() --> Document property namespaces, reserve "org.eclipse.rse" namespace
    • Features: Jakarta-commons/Net, JUnit-framework, Discovery, EFS-Experimental, WR-Terminal (bug 152826)
    • Refactorings: DaveM did most important stuff; consider "finished" for now, continue with hi-pri bugs
      • SystemRegistry.getTheSystemRegistry() vs. RSEUIPlugin.getSystemRegistry() -- need to keep this for now
      • Kushal IConnectorService --> if we can afford after addressing hi-pri bugs
    • API Things
      • Service Error Reporting - bug 149472 - DaveD - API ok so far, final resolution? --> Create new different bug id for that one.
      • Parallel Services - bug 142478 all queries in background - DaveM
      • SystemRegistry.createHost for Javier
        • bug 150168 dont commit immediately - DaveD
          • Javier: not important at the moment; DaveD: probably fixed already
        • bug 150265 allow specifying subsystem types - DaveM
          • Example: 1 Host providing shell and FTP (different categories)
          • Problem: createHost() only creates a host with 1 service -- See video for service discovery, DaveM to take a look at it
          • Need createHost() with a list of services
          • Can wait until hi-pri bugs are fixed.
      • Making stuff internal - ssh, ftp: Martin; Core: List of candidates from DaveD?
    • Cleanup: API Doc (duplicates in interface and implementation!), JUnit tests, Context help, Test Plans, RSE-7-migration-docs, Copyrights, licenses
  • Other items
    • Tutorial: Update at the end of the release process, change instructions (re-use example code: We dont want to teach PDE)
    • Manual test plans - in work by Martin
  • Vacations, Holidays etc.
    • Martin - 2 weeks once the baby is here (around Oct.3, but could also be any time now)
    • DaveD taking Oct.12-13 off, 19-20 as well
    • Canadian Thanksgiving - Oct.9
  • Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD - Testing, Bookkeeping; Edit Code Ownership. Fix Copyrights. Hi-Pri bugs. JUnit. Checkin mappings.csv, New bug for moving DTD, Send "Team" test plans to Martin. SystemRegistry API. Team fixes: Check collapsing persistence Properties nodes to fewer files. Compile a list of suggestions for making classes / packages internal.
  • DaveM - Testing, Bookkeeping; meet Kushal for Dirty Editors. Fix Copyrights. Hi-pri bugs
  • Kushal - Testing, Bookkeeping; Meet DaveM for Dirty Editors; Fix Copyrights. Hi-pri bugs; refactoring IConnectorService; send file encoding test resources to martin;
  • Martin - Fix Commons_Net unattended build; create empty project plan; re-test drag&drop; Hi-pri bugs; API Review, Review if IShellService is sufficient for terminal
  • Javier - Hook up FTP Service with Commons/Net; Hook up with Scott Lewis once SD is committed and works
  • Ted - Care for the baby; Terminalview; Document the build process

Next Meeting