Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 31-Oct-2007"

< DSDP‎ | TM
 
Line 40: Line 40:
 
** {{Bug|207095}} Implicit connect now on getRemoteFileObject() -- now have a unit test for it ("FileSubsystemConsistencyTest")
 
** {{Bug|207095}} Implicit connect now on getRemoteFileObject() -- now have a unit test for it ("FileSubsystemConsistencyTest")
 
* '''Kevin:''' - {{Bug|204810}} Editor Upload fix -- consequence of moving upload from main thread to secondary thread -- might have been a regression in 2.0.1
 
* '''Kevin:''' - {{Bug|204810}} Editor Upload fix -- consequence of moving upload from main thread to secondary thread -- might have been a regression in 2.0.1
 +
** Looking at encoding bug where changing encoding of a file is not reflected when it was opened before. Should have a fix for it today or tomorrow.
 
** {{Bug|207189}} Better wizard for linking folders as EFS into projects - Martin wants to try and get more Community Participation
 
** {{Bug|207189}} Better wizard for linking folders as EFS into projects - Martin wants to try and get more Community Participation
 
*** Some IBM groups might be hopping on EFS
 
*** Some IBM groups might be hopping on EFS
Line 58: Line 59:
 
* '''Martin:''' - Terminal fixes; backporting {{Bug|204810}} for 2.0.x
 
* '''Martin:''' - Terminal fixes; backporting {{Bug|204810}} for 2.0.x
 
** Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
 
** Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
* '''Uwe:''' -  
+
* '''Uwe:''' - no news
 
* '''Rupen:''' - no news
 
* '''Rupen:''' - no news
 
* '''Michael:''' - n/a today
 
* '''Michael:''' - n/a today
 
* '''Questions'''
 
* '''Questions'''
** M3 milestone: testing? - DaveD: At least run the Unit tests; Martin has been doing that manually so far. Would also like to have 1 day of testing. '''AI Martin''' schedule a test
+
** M3 milestone: testing? - DaveD: At least run the Unit tests; Martin has been doing that manually so far. Would also like to have 1 day of testing.  
 +
*** '''Martin created [[TM 3.0 M3 Testing]] page TBD on Thursday 8-Nov-2007'''
 
** EclipseCon: Will be discussed in PMC meeting this friday -- probably have a Tutorial on TM, and a Short Talk on New & Noteworthy
 
** EclipseCon: Will be discussed in PMC meeting this friday -- probably have a Tutorial on TM, and a Short Talk on New & Noteworthy
  

Latest revision as of 12:26, 31 October 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Oct 31, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, (Michael Scharf n/a)
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

Agenda

Current Work

  • Skype Call Quality
    • Excellent Quality with 8 participants; Rupen had trouble connecting (Martin invited him 5 times), Uwe was muted for unknown reason.
  • Committer Calls frequency - 2 weeks ok
  • Planning - AI Martin to write up what we discussed in Toronto
  • Bug Fixing - Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
  • DaveD: - Working on Profile / Persistence issues - writing test cases to reproduce issues, finding issues along the way thanks to the test cases ... going to roll out fixes over the next week
  • DaveM: - bug 187739 exists() method in the SystemViewElementAdapter
    • bug 207178 listFoldersAndFiles, consolidate the API?
      • Consolidate: Yes - listItems() or simply list() with an additional parameter to limit the kinds of items returned, e.g. as an int constant
      • Add API: Yes - listMultiple() with an array of parents; also get() and getMultiple() to get multiple individual files
      • Keep old methods around as deprecated delegators for 1 milestone cycle
    • bug 207095 Implicit connect now on getRemoteFileObject() -- now have a unit test for it ("FileSubsystemConsistencyTest")
  • Kevin: - bug 204810 Editor Upload fix -- consequence of moving upload from main thread to secondary thread -- might have been a regression in 2.0.1
    • Looking at encoding bug where changing encoding of a file is not reflected when it was opened before. Should have a fix for it today or tomorrow.
    • bug 207189 Better wizard for linking folders as EFS into projects - Martin wants to try and get more Community Participation
      • Some IBM groups might be hopping on EFS
      • Javier - Symbian not going to use EFS
      • DaveM: Most annoying: When opening a remote project shared from EFS, files are missing - they are not refreshed automatically; Martin: Recommend linking folders into local projects for that reason
  • Xuan: - bug 160775 Currently looking at "Rename running in UI thread" - will need changed API adding progress monitor. Concurrency issues with stuff going on while rename is running in background, e.g. getting properties of virtual files
    • Concurrency: Will need a lock on the archive, which clients need to acquire (with progress monitor!) before they can access the archive
    • Queries for Properties and List are good, because new information is updated in a cache immediately
    • Problem with ZIP implementation: file is locked on disk
    • Could use Martin's Mutex class (in clientserver package) for waiting; but since it also needs to go on the Server side, would need a variant of Mutex which uses a variant of progress monitor that works on the server. Cannot use synchronized because cancellation and a FIFO queue is needed
    • DaveM has CancelableHandler for DStore - might need something different for Local
    • After Rename, will look at cancellation issues
    • Can put archive stuff aside and look at other things if necessary
    • Time contributed to OpenSource depends on customer issues around debugger
  • Javier: - working on couple of features (recursive delete in FTP, drag&drop, copy&paste with workaround by Download/upload) - thanks to Kevin!
    • Martin asking about Unit Tests
    • will look at bug 199773 FTP upload as binary
  • Martin: - Terminal fixes; backporting bug 204810 for 2.0.x
    • Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
  • Uwe: - no news
  • Rupen: - no news
  • Michael: - n/a today
  • Questions
    • M3 milestone: testing? - DaveD: At least run the Unit tests; Martin has been doing that manually so far. Would also like to have 1 day of testing.
    • EclipseCon: Will be discussed in PMC meeting this friday -- probably have a Tutorial on TM, and a Short Talk on New & Noteworthy

Vacation, Away

  • Nov 1 is public holiday in Austria

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD: fixes, unit tests
  • DaveM: fixes, unit tests
  • Xuan: fixes, unit tests
  • Kevin: fixes, unit tests
  • Martin: Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
  • Javier: fixes, unit tests
  • Michael: Terminal performance improvements

Next Meeting