DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 31-Oct-2006
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday Oct 31, 2006 at 8.00am San Francisco / 10.00am Rochester / 11.00am Toronto / 4.00pm London / 5.00pm Salzburg|
|Dial-in:|| International +44 (0)1452 567588|
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_sharf, and uwe.stieber.
MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
- IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Ted Williams, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf
- Tradescape - Lothar Werzinger (tentative)
- Our top goals
- Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
- Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
- Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
- Latest News
- Martin --
- DaveD --
- DaveM --
- Kushal --
- Javier --
- Ted --
- Uwe --
- Michael --
- Other News --
- Top Priorities this week:
- #1 - Hi-priority bugfixing - please observe the priorities.
- #2 - Being responsive
- Upcoming Work
- Extend Uwe's commit rights to RSE?
- Shall we get rid of unused icons, e.g. rse.ui/icons/full/obj16/system390_obj.gif ?
- Shall we get rid of commented out source code ?
- Change Requests
- RSE 2.0 Planning - First tasks after 1.0 is completed:
- Start IBM and EMO review process for User Actions and Import/Export (DaveD)
- Start creating Unit Tests, Testing feature
- Continue bug fixing on HEAD
- Add ISV Javadoc where it is still missing or incorrect; review all docs
- Finalize the 2.0 Project Plan
- Vacations, Holidays etc.
- Martin - public holidays Nov 1-2
- US Thanksgiving - End of November
- Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
- EclipseCon 2007 coming in March. Call for Papers has been issued. Martin and DaveM will submit proposal for 2 hour tutorial.
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD - Edit Code Ownership. Hi-Pri bugs. New bug for moving DTD.
- DaveM - Hi-pri bugs
- Kushal - Hi-pri bugs; Encoding bugs?
- Martin - Create empty project plan; TM FAQ on the Wiki; Hi-pri bugs;
- Javier - FTP bugs; Hook up with Scott Lewis once SD is committed and works
- Ted - Terminalview; Document the build process