Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 31-Oct-2006"

< DSDP‎ | TM
(Agenda)
 
Line 4: Line 4:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Date & Time:  
 
| Date & Time:  
| Wednesday [[Oct 31, 2006]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2006&month=10&day=31&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 8.00am San Francisco / 10.00am Rochester / 11.00am Toronto / 4.00pm London / 5.00pm Salzburg]
+
| Tuesday [[Oct 31, 2006]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2006&month=10&day=31&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 8.00am San Francisco / 10.00am Rochester / 11.00am Toronto / 4.00pm London / 5.00pm Salzburg]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Dial-in:
 
| Dial-in:

Latest revision as of 05:56, 2 November 2006

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Oct 31, 2006 at 8.00am San Francisco / 10.00am Rochester / 11.00am Toronto / 4.00pm London / 5.00pm Salzburg
Dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_sharf, and uwe.stieber.
MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber; Michael Scharf (absent), Ted Williams (absent)
  • Tradescape - Lothar Werzinger

Agenda

  • Our top goals
    • Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
    • Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
    • Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
  • Latest News
    • Martin -- RSE 1.0 Testing round 3; bugfixes; releasing RC3; about files still pending!
    • DaveD -- bugfixing, verification; some lo-pri filter bugs still pending
    • DaveM -- testing & verification
    • Kushal -- testing & verification
    • Javier -- bug verification, FTP testing
    • Ted -- n/a (jury duty)
    • Uwe -- Windriver stuff
    • Michael --n/a
    • Other News --
  • Top Priorities this week:
    • #1 - Hi-priority bugfixing - please observe the priorities.
    • #2 - Being responsive
  • Looking back on RSE 1.0 Testing round 3
    • committers can set to CLOSED right away instead of setting VERIFIED
    • Filter questions by LotharW
      • Programmatically use the remote file selection dialog to restrict it to some filter
      • DaveM: Changing the root of the remote systems tree in the dialog should be possible
      • DaveM: would like a dialog that's not tree-based but table-based, with a predefined filter
  • Upcoming Work
    • Endgame Plan
      • Automatic nightly I-builds until the release
      • Martin to update the mapfiles for now, will review checkins and release
      • Continue fixing bugs: P1,P2 first - then choose the P3 ones you like best, or are easy / riskless to fix
      • Everybody feel free to promote P3 bugs they feel important into P2 bugs such that they get visible to others
      • Everybody feel free to make checkins since we'll review anyway
      • Lothar can do bug Verification
      • Everybody: Also file non-reproducable bugs, use Bugzilla for tracking
    • New bugs: REVIEW Assigned to Inbox, Status NEW
    • Our biggest problems right now
      • Drag&Drop
        • Upload's OK, download not -- COM translates all dnd into Strings, so it needs to be a local file; we'd need to download on drag already
        • Navigator should work, Project Explorer tbd
        • Split up the "monster" dnd bugreport into separate ones for the separate issues
        • dnd won't be supported on MacOS; should be addressed fairly quickly after 1.0; seems to be a problem with dragStart
      • Events/Updates/Refresh/Treeview
        • After copy&paste, remote directory is collapsed
        • Might be just a little annoyance, but it leads users to lose confidence!
  • Communications
    • API changes: we'll not introduce any more api changes for 1.0
      • Lothar confirms that provisional API is fine for 1.0
      • Dont want lots of deprecatedes in 2.0 --> it will be fine to have incompatible API changes in 2.0
    • FTP dnd: copy vs. move
      • API needs to be observed, FTPFileService.copy() should raise an exception
    • Extend Uwe's commit rights to RSE?
      • Dave's & Kushal OK with extending, will publicly vote
    • Shall we get rid of unused icons, e.g. rse.ui/icons/full/obj16/system390_obj.gif ?
    • Shall we get rid of commented out source code ?
      • too late for 1.0 but want to get rid of both soon after
  • Change Requests
  • RSE 2.0 Planning - First tasks after 1.0 is completed:
    • Start IBM and EMO review process for User Actions and Import/Export (DaveD)
    • Start creating Unit Tests, Testing feature (DaveD, Uwe)
    • Continue bug fixing on HEAD (All)
    • Add ISV Javadoc where it is still missing or incorrect; review all docs
    • Finalize the 2.0 Project Plan
  • Vacations, Holidays etc.
    • Martin - public holidays Nov 1
    • US Thanksgiving - End of November
    • Kushal - Business trip Nov 9 and 10
  • Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
    • DSDP/TM/Code_Ownership
    • Can we move next weeks meeting 1 hour earlier in order to accomodate the Orbit call?
    • EclipseCon 2007 coming in March. Call for Papers has been issued. Martin and DaveM will submit proposal for 2 hour tutorial.

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD - Edit Code Ownership. Hi-Pri bugs. New bug for moving DTD.
  • DaveM - Hi-pri bugs
  • Kushal - Hi-pri bugs; Encoding bugs?
  • Martin - Create empty project plan; TM FAQ on the Wiki; Hi-pri bugs;
  • Javier - FTP bugs; Hook up with Scott Lewis once SD is committed and works
  • Ted - Terminalview; Document the build process

Next Meeting