Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 31-Jul-2007"

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
(2 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 19: Line 19:
 
* IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle
 
* IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
 
* Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, Uwe Stieber
+
* Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
 +
* Eclipse Foundation - Karl Matthias (joined late)
  
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
 
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
Line 25: Line 26:
 
== Notes ==
 
== Notes ==
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 24-Jul-2007]]
 
* Last meeting: [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 24-Jul-2007]]
 
=== News & Review Action Items ===
 
 
{|border=1
 
| Martin  || 100% || Asterisk feedback; 2.0.1 fixes || 100%
 
|-
 
| DaveD  || 50% ||  || 50%
 
|-
 
| DaveM  || 70% ||  || 70%
 
|-
 
| Xuan    || 50% || new committer; Unit tests (14 test cases ready on local, dstore-win, dstore-linux) || 50%
 
|-
 
| Kevin  || 80% ||  || 80%
 
|-
 
| Javier  || 30% ||  || 30%
 
|-
 
| Uwe    ||  5% || - || 5%
 
|-
 
| Michael || 50% ||  || 50%
 
|}
 
  
 
=== Current Work ===
 
=== Current Work ===
 
* '''Asterisk Conferencing'''
 
* '''Asterisk Conferencing'''
** Karl to join the call today
+
** When Kevin and Xuan hooked up 1-on-1 last week, quality was good
 +
** Martin heard all others well but was very hard to understand (with SJPhone).
 +
** Javier and Martin had troubles getting dialed in with Idefisk
 +
** Karl found 3 errors in the Asterisk logs, will investigate; one perhaps due to the Asterisk server swapping, others due to network issues
 +
** Falling back to fixed line (once again)
  
  
Line 65: Line 50:
 
** Calling ISubSystem.internalResolveFilterString() worked slightly different in test than interactively - related to earlier supertransfer issue: when doing unit test, there is no cache whereas interactively there is already a cache
 
** Calling ISubSystem.internalResolveFilterString() worked slightly different in test than interactively - related to earlier supertransfer issue: when doing unit test, there is no cache whereas interactively there is already a cache
 
*** To work around: query the parent of archive first (in order to get the cache), then query the archive itself
 
*** To work around: query the parent of archive first (in order to get the cache), then query the archive itself
 
* {{Bug|193329}} First Column in Table View
 
** Martin: PropertyDescriptor quirks -- filling PropertyView differently than Tableview -- '''AI Martin''' to look at it
 
  
 
* '''Bugzilla''':  
 
* '''Bugzilla''':  
Line 86: Line 68:
 
** '''DaveM:''' {{Bug|196632}} FTP Passive Mode Setting: '''Dont create PropertySet in the Constructor'''
 
** '''DaveM:''' {{Bug|196632}} FTP Passive Mode Setting: '''Dont create PropertySet in the Constructor'''
 
*** {{Bug|196662}} Refresh on Dispatch thread could be tricky since already in the event handler -- getObject() is there since the adapter has no exists() method; Service level API works different for missing parent directory on dstore and ssh
 
*** {{Bug|196662}} Refresh on Dispatch thread could be tricky since already in the event handler -- getObject() is there since the adapter has no exists() method; Service level API works different for missing parent directory on dstore and ssh
*** {{Bug|196664}} Refresh does too much work
+
*** '''AI Martin''' schedule a separate call with DaveM to discuss this on Thursday
** '''Kevin:''' {{Bug|187735}}, {{Bug|194867}} SystemView vs. TableView refresh issues
+
** '''Javier:''' {{Bug|197758}} FTP classify symbolic links: API change or bug fix?
+
** '''Martin:''' {{Bug|197178}} (CDT) Discussing Adapter Loading (we do it synchronously in Activator.start() of the Core plugins which is problematic)
+
*** {{Bug|191581}} EFS open newly created file to be attacked next thing
+
** '''Xuan:''' {{Bug|198143}} DStore performance on large directory
+
 
+
 
+
* Javadoc Reviews: @since tag for new API, missing @param tags, ... can be fixed now for RSE since we are rebuilding just about every RSE plugin for 2.0.1 (except discovery, terminal, remotecdt, tests right now)
+
  
 
== Vacation, Away ==
 
== Vacation, Away ==
Line 105: Line 79:
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 24-Jul-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 24-Jul-2007#Action_Items|Last Meeting]] Action Items
* '''DaveD''': '''Let Martin know whether travel to Chicago/Toronto is possible'''; 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
+
* '''All''' subscribe to Bugzilla 3.0 shared searches from Martin
 +
* '''DaveD''': call Xuan regarding filling-in for Persistence during his vacation; 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
 
* '''DaveM''': '''Ask Pete Nicholls about room for F2F meeting in Toronto'''; {{Bug|196662}} refresh on dispatch thread
 
* '''DaveM''': '''Ask Pete Nicholls about room for F2F meeting in Toronto'''; {{Bug|196662}} refresh on dispatch thread
* '''Xuan''': '''Asterisk:''' try to get rid of Echo with Kevin; Unit Tests
+
* '''Xuan''': Xuan fix up tm-log.csv; Unit Tests; dstore performance issue
* '''Kevin''': '''Asterisk:''' try to get rid of Echo with Xuan; 2.0.1 fixes
+
* '''Kevin''': 2.0.1 fixes
* '''Martin''': Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
+
* '''Martin''': Review SystemMessageLine for 2nd level messages; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
 
* '''Javier''': 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
 
* '''Javier''': 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal performance improvements
 
* '''Michael''': Terminal performance improvements
Line 116: Line 91:
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Aug-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=1&year=2007&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
 
* Monthly [[DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Aug-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=1&year=2007&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 9am PST / 1600 UTC]
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 8-Aug-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=8&day=8&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC]
 
* [[DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 8-Aug-2007]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=8&day=8&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=224&p2=159&p3=250&p4=136&p5=223&iv=1800 1500 UTC]
* [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting 19-Sep-2007]]
+
* [[DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007]]
  
 
[[Category:DSDP/TM]]
 
[[Category:DSDP/TM]]

Latest revision as of 15:50, 31 July 2007

Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday Jul 31, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern
Dial-in: asterisk.eclipse.org ID: 8985 Passcode: 12345

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Contents

[edit] Attendees

  • IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
  • Eclipse Foundation - Karl Matthias (joined late)

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).

[edit] Notes

[edit] Current Work

  • Asterisk Conferencing
    • When Kevin and Xuan hooked up 1-on-1 last week, quality was good
    • Martin heard all others well but was very hard to understand (with SJPhone).
    • Javier and Martin had troubles getting dialed in with Idefisk
    • Karl found 3 errors in the Asterisk logs, will investigate; one perhaps due to the Asterisk server swapping, others due to network issues
    • Falling back to fixed line (once again)


  • DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007
    • Confirmed Toronto Mon/Tue Sep 17/18 (+Wed half day)
    • DaveD confirmed, Javier and Martin confirmed & booked flights
    • AI DaveM talk to Pete Nicholls for a room 6-10 persons Mon Sep17 - Wed Sep19
  • Unit Tests / TPTP AGR
    • Xuan adding more test cases for copyBatch()
      • Martin's advice: do small tests with small data if you can;
      • For large data, generate it on the fly (e.g. create 2000 files of 2 meg size each)
      • Fuzz testing: have a random number generator; in case it fails, save the files on which it failed and/or the Random number seed
      • Platform Core Tests: AI Martin direct Xuan to Symlink test
    • Xuan knows now how to change the daemon port and avoid the UI popup
    • Calling ISubSystem.internalResolveFilterString() worked slightly different in test than interactively - related to earlier supertransfer issue: when doing unit test, there is no cache whereas interactively there is already a cache
      • To work around: query the parent of archive first (in order to get the cache), then query the archive itself
  • Bugzilla:
    • Bugzilla 3.0 deployed - Saved Searches: Userprefs, import RSE open with patch, TM Hi-Pri, TM Review Requested
    • Pls dont forget setting the contributed kwd when setting a bug with a contributed patch FIXED
    • Wiki: Template notation for bugzilla bugs, see Eugene Kuleshov's Blog
    • tm-log.csv: Pls edit in text editor; or refresh after using Excel
    • Severity Major, hi-priority
    • DaveD:
      • bug 197937 AbstractSystemWizardPage: SystemMessageLine in title area of wizard dialogs, fix OK?
        • DaveD: broadcast the change to IBM RSE Users and didnt hear back - ok to go ahead
        • For certain error messages, IBM writes two levels of text (error itself, and procedure for fixing the error); but that's not being used in wizards; this feature is embedded in the SystemMessageLine construct
        • In other dialogs which do have a SystemMessageLine, this may be important; would need at least a procedure that allows getting the 2nd level text
        • AI Martin review whether AbstractSystemWizardPage did have a 2nd level access control before; but Dave not too concerned about it for the case of wizards
      • bug 194802 Persistence issue reported by Greg Watson: UI/Non-UI
        • DaveD has 1 more week before going on vacation; wants to address hi-pri issues before leaving (substitute: Xuan?)
      • bug 197036, bug 181939 All filter pools created on startup - lazy loading - likely to go to Future
    • DaveM: bug 196632 FTP Passive Mode Setting: Dont create PropertySet in the Constructor
      • bug 196662 Refresh on Dispatch thread could be tricky since already in the event handler -- getObject() is there since the adapter has no exists() method; Service level API works different for missing parent directory on dstore and ssh
      • AI Martin schedule a separate call with DaveM to discuss this on Thursday

[edit] Vacation, Away

  • Xuan -public holidays beginning of August (Aug 3rd, Aug 6th) in Toronto; one week off end of August
  • DaveD here next week, OOO afterwards
  • DaveM taking a couple weeks in August coming back 21nd
  • Javier OOO next tuesday, and last two weeks in August

--> moving next week's meeting to Wed

[edit] Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • All subscribe to Bugzilla 3.0 shared searches from Martin
  • DaveD: call Xuan regarding filling-in for Persistence during his vacation; 2.0.1 important fixes, then Doc bugs (Tutorial)
  • DaveM: Ask Pete Nicholls about room for F2F meeting in Toronto; bug 196662 refresh on dispatch thread
  • Xuan: Xuan fix up tm-log.csv; Unit Tests; dstore performance issue
  • Kevin: 2.0.1 fixes
  • Martin: Review SystemMessageLine for 2nd level messages; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; EFS fixes; unit tests; Migration Docs, EFS Fixes, Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
  • Javier: 2.0.1 fixes, unit tests
  • Michael: Terminal performance improvements

[edit] Next Meeting